PDA

View Full Version : Pocket bike fuelling?

Ivan
22nd July 2009, 16:59
Does anyone have any carb issues in the fact the bike wont run like it is to lean past quarter throttle?

BigAl
22nd July 2009, 19:13
Yep, adjusted float level i.e lifted up 3-4mm

newmanz
13th August 2009, 11:31
This can be a very common problem on modified bikes..ie you have fitted a performance pipe, etc etc...

There are jet kits available to allow more fuel intake.
If the bike has been crashed or if the bike has been left for a while, a basic carb overhaul may be needed.

Yes, check float level
Check all your fuel lines ( no kinks or twists, check the fuel filter is flowing fuel (please tell me you are using a filter)
Check your fuel tanks fuel downtube for any blockages (old plastic can block it up, you can run a similar sized drill bit down it to clean it out, even make it slightly larger)
Clean out everything, use compressed air to free any blockages.
If all else fails, just buy a new carb they are cheap enough. :scooter:

CookMySock
13th August 2009, 14:05
Warm the bike up properly, and then lift its arse off the ground and full throttle it. The bike will do one of a number of things;

1.) Rev like fuck and scare you big time - go race it.

2.) Four-stroke heavily and rev-limit - too rich on the main jet.

3.) Rev well for about 10 seconds and then falter and quit - float level too low, fuel line blocked etc.

Take care not drop its' rear wheel..

Steve

Ivan
17th August 2009, 18:43
Cheers guys.

I have now lifted the float height and it runs mint but leaks fuel like crazy so Im thinking of a new carb and starting over.

Bike is bog standered I got it not going and am trying to get it so it runs right

CookMySock
17th August 2009, 19:32
I have now lifted the float height and it runs mint but leaks fuel like crazy A new carb will be just the same. Lower the float level just a tad. It takes a bit of dicking around to get it right.

Steve