PDA

View Full Version : Non japense bikes?

TygerTung
30th March 2005, 20:28
I was listening to the radio and you can get these bikes, I think they are from china, for cheap as!!!

I think they are a cheeter or somthing? 200cc electric start road legal trail bike for only $2995!!!! brand new!

Are these bikes rubbish or any good?

SPORK
30th March 2005, 21:11
I was listening to the radio and you can get these bikes, I think they are from china, for cheap as!!!

I think they are a cheeter or somthing? 200cc electric start road legal trail bike for only $2995!!!! brand new!

Are these bikes rubbish or any good?
Well, what do you think?

I mean, how easy would it be to get parts for them or anything?!

Coyote
30th March 2005, 21:16
They look like crap, but I suppose they would be a great start.

I did see the camo cheetah, that was ok, the white ones look too cheap

Grumpy
30th March 2005, 21:35
As with most things these days , you get what you pay for.

Krusti
30th March 2005, 21:37
Thought about one for the farm........last the distance?...I doubt it...on the road?...who knows.

Holy Roller
30th March 2005, 21:50
Our local car yard has one for sale could be a good toy

gav
30th March 2005, 22:29
Well, if you've got $3K you could get some reasonable stuff second hand,
hell I only paid $3500 for this, 1997 CBR600F, it came with enough stuff that I could register and WOF it for road use.

White trash
31st March 2005, 07:49
Well, if you've got $3K you could get some reasonable stuff second hand,
hell I only paid $3500 for this, 1997 CBR600F, it came with enough stuff that I could register and WOF it for road use.

Ahh yeAAH! But it's a Honda.....

Fart
31st March 2005, 09:17
Anyone have a photo of the Chinese made bike?

It depends what you gonna use the bike for. If you want a budget bike to get around in, then I suppose it is ok. If you are a bike lover and want the best performance and handling, then get a second hand Jap bike and mod it up.

White trash
31st March 2005, 10:08
Why the hell wouldn't you buy a GN250 for the same price?

Ixion
31st March 2005, 10:37
Why the hell wouldn't you buy a GN250 for the same price?

Off road capability ? Or gravel road ?

inlinefour
31st March 2005, 11:09
However I see no good reason why I would change from something good to the unknown. :confused:

TygerTung
31st March 2005, 11:21
Nah I want a trail bike, already have a road bike (CG125)

I heard that they have good motors (they use honda motors) but the frame and forks are a bit iffy, can bend easily, so I might steer clear because I'll probably be crashing a bit cos I'm inexperinced offroad, and I'll get an XR250 or an XL250 or somthing.

Biggest I can get is a 250 cos I'm on my learners.

Mr Skid
31st March 2005, 11:29
Nah I want a trail bike, already have a road bike (CG125)

I heard that they have good motors (they use honda motors) but the frame and forks are a bit iffy, can bend easily, so I might steer clear because I'll probably be crashing a bit cos I'm inexperinced offroad, and I'll get an XR250 or an XL250 or somthing.

Biggest I can get is a 250 cos I'm on my learners.

I wouldn't worry about the cc limit, the cops aren't going to be doing licence checks where you'll be going..

JohnBoy
31st March 2005, 11:43
Havent heard anything good about em... i like to use the old addage that you get what you pay for.
but if your keen go and talk to the local bike shops and see if you can get spares for them easily enough.

Ixion
31st March 2005, 11:46
I wouldn't worry about the cc limit, the cops aren't going to be doing licence checks where you'll be going..

Might do when he's on the road riding ether though. Presume he wouldn't want to trailer it to the rough.

TygerTung
31st March 2005, 11:57
Nah I'll be commuting to work and shit on it, but I want to be able to go offroad when I want to because it seems like a lot of fun.

My commuter special CG125 isn't that great offroad, so I wouldn't mind getting somthing a bit better!

Mr Skid
31st March 2005, 14:01
Might do when he's on the road riding ether though. Presume he wouldn't want to trailer it to the rough.
I guess it would depend on where you were riding and the risks you wanted to to take - I've seen riders on unregistered enduro bikes on the back roads on occation.

Commuting to work would be a different story, but even then, if you had at least a motorcycle licence and weren't doing wheelies off every set of traffic lights, I'd consider it med-low risk, compared to stropping along at 200kmh on the open road riding a thou' sprots or the like.

But then it depends on the risks an individual is prepared to take.

SPORK
31st March 2005, 16:56
Nah I'll be commuting to work and shit on it, but I want to be able to go offroad when I want to because it seems like a lot of fun.

My commuter special CG125 isn't that great offroad, so I wouldn't mind getting somthing a bit better!
Think about the KLX250, I am. Or XR250L. Whatever you get, give it to me :P