PDA

View Full Version : Neutral light?

waikiwi8
22nd July 2009, 22:16
Hi my partner has just brought a 1988 Suzuki LS650 Savage and the neutral light won't come on once the bike is warm/hot (out of gear). As soon as the bike cools off the light comes back on (out of gear)

Cheers Mark

mister.koz
22nd July 2009, 22:18
Hi my partner has just brought a 1988 Suzuki LS650 Savage and the neutral light won't come on once the bike is warm/hot (out of gear). As soon as the bike cools off the light comes back on (out of gear)

Cheers Mark

Sounds like the contact switch in the gearbox is confused or worse gunked, does sound weird that its ONLY when the bike is hot though...

YellowDog
22nd July 2009, 22:23
Hey that's an odd one and likely to be as a result of heat expanding components to cause a break in the electrical contact. It's not an easy wire to find and will be hidden in the loom with many other wires.

There's alwasy a canve that the problem is with the contact at the bullb end. I hope it is. If you have a workshop manual, you should be able to find each end of the connection.

Good luck.

badassbandit
12th October 2009, 19:55
Hey ive got the exact same problem with my 98 CBR600, did you manage to fix it?

FJRider
12th October 2009, 20:00
Maybe the bulb connection ... or the bulb itself is kapoot .... has anybody bothered to check .... ????