PDA

View Full Version : Where are the rest of the Motard Hardcore?

Clivoris
22nd July 2009, 22:49
I'm curious. Any thoughts about why so few Motard racers bother doing the Actrix VMCC Winter Series rounds? The VMCC have even split it into 2 classes to encourage the smaller capacities out there after it was suggested that this would increase numbers. The reality is that if the numbers aren't there the class will be lost to the Winter Series.

vtec
31st July 2009, 03:15
Here´s an explanation. I went into Botany Honda about a year ago, and I asked them why there are so few motards, cause I love them. I was asked "what type of rider is going to buy a motard?" I said "a young guy who is going to want to do stunts", I was then asked "what age group is going to buy a motard?" rhetorically, he said "18-30 year olds; this age group HAS NO MONEY". He´s right living costs compared to earnings and the amount of years needed to spend on non-free education these days, has left most people under 30 destitute, and coming into possibly the worst and prolonged economic depression for 100 years, motarders are fucked. I want one. Can i afford a new motorbike like my uneducated forefathers could with ease when they were young? Not a chance.

scorry
31st July 2009, 10:07
I'm curious. Any thoughts about why so few Motard racers bother doing the Actrix VMCC Winter Series rounds? The VMCC have even split it into 2 classes to encourage the smaller capacities out there after it was suggested that this would increase numbers. The reality is that if the numbers aren't there the class will be lost to the Winter Series.

they are in the south island lol

there was over 30 at the last round at levels

and on the 16th august round 1 of the Southland Motard Challenge kicks off with over $2k in prizes :woohoo: