PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday Kiwi Biker

SpankMe
20th October 2003, 12:28
Yes, one year ago today this site was started. Some email spamming to Kiwi's at Mica Peak (http://www.micapeak.com/reg/bikes/) and I soon had some members. :)

I've meet some great people and been on some good rides because of this site, so good idea wari. :niceone:

I'd like to thank all members for their support and the content they provide.

MikeL
20th October 2003, 12:36
SpankMe, it's thanks to your efforts in the first place that we've got such a great forum. We all owe you a special debt of gratitude.

:rockon:

wkid_one
20th October 2003, 12:54
Originally posted by MikeL
SpankMe, it's thanks to your efforts in the first place that we've got such a great forum. We all owe you a special debt of gratitude.

:rockon:

I think Spankme would prefer the 'PayPal' kinda gratitude as well?

kiwistorm
20th October 2003, 21:14
Originally posted by wkid_one
I think Spankme would prefer the 'PayPal' kinda gratitude as well?

Well done Spank. :niceone:

With reference to "Pay Pal" and fund raising how about a mere 10cents per post for existing members? 

User pays. :doh:

Where do I send the cheque?

Kwaka-Kid
21st October 2003, 04:34
hahahaa now now kiwistorm... thats one way to go about making wkid_one poor! :p

curious george
21st October 2003, 13:07
I'll buy another t-shirt to raise money:p

Hoon
21st October 2003, 14:24
Well done SpankMe.  If whoever it was hadn't put that kiwibiker card on my TLS parked on Queen St last Dec I would have never found this site.  I've seen a lot of forums before but this site is the most professional and well put together out of them all.

Keep up the good work!

SpankMe
21st October 2003, 14:56
I’m not worried about donations, and I certainly wouldn’t want people to think they should make one. So long as people are enjoying the site and it helps encourage more people to take up the biker lifestyle or get existing bikers to ride their bikes more (not just when its nice and sunny).

<center>I have always been a biker and I always will!</center>

SPman
21st October 2003, 16:52
:D

merv
21st October 2003, 19:39
Definitely a great job SpankMe and Happy Birthday. It took me until March to stumble across the site and even then I don't remember how I found the link.

Big Dog
21st October 2003, 20:55
I found it as a link from the wima run which was from a link in kiwirider which ......... well you get the idea.

Only negative I have found so far about this site is its horribly addictive!

But against that its fun and informative!

Vote for kiwibiker in the netguide awards!

Slim
21st October 2003, 20:55
It's definitely great to finally have a decent Kiwi biker forum. :) I've been a member of a couple of overseas ones for a couple of years now, and it's really expensive to go on rideouts with them! :gob: :p

The BBQ and various rideouts and trackdays I've attended this year have been great and I'm looking forward to more in the future. :)

So here's to Kiwibikers First birthday! :apint:

Duke of Rogan
23rd October 2003, 13:01
nice one SpankMe on the site :niceone: and happy birthday to us all :rockon:

this site is a great place to meet fellow bike owners/riders, and a great source of info.

keep up the good work, and when can I buy another KB shirt to replace the one I lost?

Marmoot
23rd October 2003, 17:19
Dude :niceone:

PlayerX
30th October 2003, 01:03
Congrats SpankMe. Bit disappointed you didn't give a little thankyou to me there given I've been paying for the hosting and bandwidth for this site most of that year, but ah well... Must be because I'm a fair weather rider. :D

SpankMe
30th October 2003, 09:49
:Oops:, sorry X. You know I fully appreciate the service you provide that helps me keep the sites running.:niceone: The sites couldn’t run this well without your efforts.

Even fair weather riders have their uses. :p

wari
30th October 2003, 22:03
Originally posted by PlayerX
Congrats SpankMe. Bit disappointed you didn't give a little thankyou to me there given I've been paying for the hosting and bandwidth for this site most of that year, but ah well... Must be because I'm a fair weather rider. :D

Thanks Player-X ... you're a thoroughly bloody nice bloody thoroughly bloody good bloody bloke mate ...

babyB
30th October 2003, 22:17
dam good site. good on ya. dam addictive too. keep up the good work:2thumbsup

SpankMe
26th October 2004, 16:27
:doh: Happy belated 2<sup>nd</sup> birthday to Kiwi Biker. The site turned 2 years old on the 21<sup>st</sup>.

StoneChucker
26th October 2004, 16:29
May there be many more :cool:

Blakamin
26th October 2004, 16:29
May there be many more :cool:
Definately!!!!!!!!!!

StoneChucker
26th October 2004, 16:32
This may be obvious to some, or discussed elsewhere, but:
Who started Kiwi Biker? Spank Me, I understand you maintain kiwibiker.co.nz

Ghost Lemur
26th October 2004, 16:52
This may be obvious to some, or discussed elsewhere, but:
Who started Kiwi Biker? Spank Me, I understand you maintain kiwibiker.co.nz

Spank Me started the site as far as I know.

Congrats on two years.

Drinks on the birthday boy. :apint:

toads
26th October 2004, 18:49
yes thanks for the massive effort you make in setting up and maintaining and improving this site, it's a great place to hang out, and most entertaining.

merv
26th October 2004, 19:13
Good one!!!!

dangerous
26th October 2004, 19:17
:doh: Happy belated 2<sup>nd</sup> birthday to Kiwi Biker. The site turned 2 years old on the 21<sup>st</sup>.
Cheers Spank and all your hired helpers......... this beats the crap on TV hands down :first: :second: :third:

SPORK
26th October 2004, 19:18
Yargh! Happy birthday to ye!

Well, to us!

YARGH!!!!! :)

SPORK
26th October 2004, 19:20
Cheers Spank and all your hired helpers......... this beats the crap on TV hands down :first: :second: :third:
Seconded!

I havn't watched TV in yonks since I found this site!

Go internet!

Madmax
26th October 2004, 19:42
cheers :sunny:

Quasievil
26th October 2004, 20:20
Well you know what they say about the terrible twos!!!!

Well done to all responsible, to all those unsung hero dudes and dudettes that make the whole Kiwibiker experience what it is.
I know I personally take alot and get alot from this site, Ive made lots of new mates and enjoy alot of good times with them.

So as far as Im concerned this site is the best thing since sliced Breads
its a real credit to ya Spank and others

ON YA

:done:

Quasi

Hitcher
26th October 2004, 20:26
The Kiwibiker Gargre. Not just a place to live but a way of life!

Thank you linesmen, thank you ball boys!

And thanks particularly to Spankme, Wari and all the other red-named ones. Great job, chaps!

curious george
26th October 2004, 21:48
w00t!
Cheers Spankme and others who keep us online behind the scenes

LB
27th October 2004, 05:07
Yeah, thanks Spank and everyone else who makes this a great site.

I've saved heaps on bike mags since I joined cos I don't have time to keep up with KB and read bike mags too.

manuboy
27th October 2004, 06:39
Yeah, Cheers Spankme - before i found this site (and your other one) i used to work at work....

Blakamin
27th October 2004, 06:50
Yeah, Cheers Spankme - before i found this site (and your other one) i used to work at work....
thats what work used to be for??? its been a while!

vifferman
27th October 2004, 07:38
:mad: Thanx to KiwiBiker, I now have something to waste my time on instead of working. :argh:

Wait... mebbe that's a good thing.:shifty:
Coz my job is the most boring waste of time and health I've ever had to endure.
WaaaaaHhh!!!:weep: :cry:

Time to go back to sleep... :sleep:

Ms Piggy
27th October 2004, 08:06
Fantastic site with fantastic people.

Cheers SpankMe :yes:

Coldkiwi
27th October 2004, 11:41
Yeah, well done again Spank Me. A great 2nd year has come and gone with some great events being had.

scumdog
27th October 2004, 15:22
great site, ALWAYS check it 2 -3 times a day and more than any other site :niceone:

Mongoose
27th October 2004, 15:32
Cheers and Ta to all those mentioned, great place to visit even if it sorta becomes adictive, or so i have been told :whistle:

Posh Tourer :P
27th October 2004, 17:29
And the founding members:

21 Oct 2002:
SpankMe
Wari
eNZed fred
Will Beard

Notable also, on the 22nd, KiwiDan and Blackbird

And on the 25th SPMan, and some fellow called kawasaki kid, from the west coast, with a GPZ750 - KK's predecessor?

erik
27th October 2004, 21:47
2 years? Cool.
Thanks SpankMe and Wari and everyone else that's helped with kiwibiker.

riffer
28th October 2004, 07:46
Two years - wow!

Seems like only yesterday I logged on and checked the place out.

I now make a point of recommending the site to any biker I meet.

Trouble is, so many now know of it now that it's getting harder to find converts!!

Congrats and well done SpankMe, Wari et al.

Big ups.

Midnight 82
28th October 2004, 08:07
:ride: Like everyone has said :not: :not: :grouphug: Thanks SPANKME