PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha ha Slingshot

Mom
23rd July 2009, 19:07
Took a call half an hour or so ago from a very nice young lady from Slingshot. I detest these marketing calls when I am just in from work and attempting to relax. She asked me how I was, so I said "fabulous" as you do. She assured me she was not selling anything, but was only interested in seeing if I was wait for it...

Elegible for a 30% savings on my home phone bill. I told her I was a bit busy right now, so she should send me her offer my email. Her response? Thank you Mam, and she hung up! :rofl:

Been ages since it was me on the receiving end of a hang up from cold calling sales teams. She was lucky she was not from SKY!

Blackshear
23rd July 2009, 19:15
There sure are a shitload of them as of late.
Just hang up before you feel guilty.

doc
23rd July 2009, 19:32
I detest these marketing calls when I am just in from work and attempting to relax.

In the kitchen were we ? :yes:

Mom
23rd July 2009, 20:17
In the kitchen were we ? :yes:

Not right then no...

The spuds were up to the boild and turned down, the salad was made :crazy:

I was actually relaxing :gob:

geoffm
23rd July 2009, 20:54
Slingshot are totally, and utterly useless in every way. I had to threaten the small claims court and CGA to get out from their contract, after 6 months of continous disconnections, slow speeds (when it connected, etc) and never, ever had a reply from their "help" desk. I proved pretty conclusivly that there was nothing rong with my local network, but hteir universal answer was to reset the router.
Surprisinlgy enough, as soon as I changed (to Packing Shed) all my conection problems vanished. Didn't stop them from trying to bill me for an extra month though after the connection had been changed. Enough said

Gareth51
23rd July 2009, 20:58
Get a few of these calls at work and depends on what sort of mood I'm in on how I answer them.They usually ask hows your day and can they have a moment of your time.If it's a nice sounding female I'll ask them if it's phone sex they wanted and if it's a male just tell them to hold on a minute,put the phone on hold for a couple of minutes,they get the message.

Laava
23rd July 2009, 21:10
Had one at a job I was doing and thinking it might be the owner ringing me, I answered. Was a young lady trying to sell me some HRV system. Told her I wasn't interested repeatedly but she kept crapping on until eventually she relented but asked if I had any friends who might be interested. I gave her the no of Doug Andrews heating and ventilation in Whangarei and said my mate Doug might be keen. 5 min later the ph rang and yep, it was her. That no you gave me was for Doug Andrews she said and I nearly pissed myself laughing! I know, I said! Thanks for pulling my leg she said and that was it.

Forest
23rd July 2009, 21:15
I think you dodged a bullet.

Slingshot doesn't have a great reputation.

Mully
23rd July 2009, 21:17
We switched from a certain telephone company (*cough*Telecom*cough*) to another one to do all the phone, internet etc. Kept the same phone number.

Shortly thereafter, we started getting all sorts of telemarketing calls. We suspect our number was sold to all these people.

May I suggest www.marketing.org.nz and registering for their "Do Not Call" list.

Mom
23rd July 2009, 21:19
Get a few of these calls at work and depends on what sort of mood I'm in on how I answer them.They usually ask hows your day and can they have a moment of your time.If it's a nice sounding female I'll ask them if it's phone sex they wanted and if it's a male just tell them to hold on a minute,put the phone on hold for a couple of minutes,they get the message.

We have an unwritten policy at work. Cold calling sales get told the person they need to talk to is on another call. When we get asked who they should ring back we say, Jane, or Bob, or ...

None of these folk work there of course. Next caller askes for Jane, and gets told no sorry there is no one by that name that works here :sunny:

mossy1200
23rd July 2009, 21:21
There sure are a shitload of them as of late.
Just hang up before you feel guilty.
Its more polite to act retarded and they never call back ever.

cs363
23rd July 2009, 21:23
Good work Mom, I detest people trying to sell me stuff unsolicited in my time, in my home - free time is very precious these days as there seems so little of it.
Not keen on people trying to sell me their various forms of religion at the door either....

Ms Piggy
23rd July 2009, 21:47
I've been getting accosted at the local Caltex petrol station at the Basin Reserve by sales people of late - can't even get petrol without someone trying to sell me some overpriced cleaning product!

gwigs
23rd July 2009, 21:47
I had a call a few months ago from Slingshot.....I listened to the sales pitch and it sounded pretty good,I wanted to change from Telescum so I agreed to go ahead...well he puts me on to a new sales person who proceeds to give me the whole sales speel again and all the same questions.....then I get put onto a third person who gives me the same speel and questions....30 mins of my life gone....in the end I got pissed off and told the sales person to forget the whole thing....gave the sales person a bollocking about how slingshot want to get their act together if the want to sell their product..FFS how many people does it take :brick:......They were all Indian as well,suppose they were calling from Mumbai.
Have had several calls since,I just say "No Goodbye" and hang up as soon as I hear the name Slingshot....

davebullet
23rd July 2009, 21:49
I think you dodged a bullet.

You don't dodge bullets, I choose to dodge you.:shifty:

davebullet
23rd July 2009, 21:50
The way you really get them is ask them who they want to speak to. Regardless of their response, tell them that person died yesterday.

Stops them in their tracks every time.

p.dath
23rd July 2009, 22:19
I have to say I get really sick of all the charities that ring up at work asking for money all the time.

I no longer have a home phone line at home anymore. That solved that issue.

Gareth51
23rd July 2009, 22:45
I've been getting accosted at the local Caltex petrol station at the Basin Reserve by sales people of late - can't even get petrol without someone trying to sell me some overpriced cleaning product!

The local Shell tries to sell you the choc.bars on the counter so try this.Pick up a couple,wait till they ring it up and then say no,and put them back,wait till they take it off then pick them up again and say yes.Keep repeating until they get pissed off and then tell not to ask you in future and wont have the problem of trying to make up your mind

Mully
23rd July 2009, 22:57
The local Shell tries to sell you the choc.bars on the counter

In their defence, they have to - in case you're a mystery shopper.

It's like gas stations asking bikers if they want a car wash.

hayd3n
23rd July 2009, 23:08
free national calls slingshot 2 slingshot
free d loads 1am-7am
Neva had a problem
and free pizza hutt delivery's

mctshirt
24th July 2009, 06:11
The local Shell tries to sell you the choc.bars on the counter so try this.Pick up a couple,wait till they ring it up and then say no,and put them back,wait till they take it off then pick them up again and say yes.Keep repeating until they get pissed off and then tell not to ask you in future and wont have the problem of trying to make up your mind

Mully is right - you're just making someone's life more of a misery than it already is. Just say no and get on with your life or hunt down the prick responsible in Shell's marketing dept and put his (or her) bloody severed head on the front of your bike as a warning to all the other fuckwits in marketing who believe that this unimaginative bullshit and spying on employees is an acceptable way to justify their salary. :angry:

davereid
24th July 2009, 08:46
Slingshot are totally, and utterly useless in every way. I had to threaten the small claims court and CGA to get out from their contract, after 6 months of continous disconnections, slow speeds (when it connected, etc) and never, ever had a reply from their "help" desk. I proved pretty conclusivly that there was nothing rong with my local network, but hteir universal answer was to reset the router.

We had IHUGS satellite system (Farmgate ?????). It hardly ever worked, and it cost a small fortune. Endless hours spent waiting for a person on the helpdesk, who would blame my P.C. and insist I reboot. Of course I had already done that many times. Got no service what-so-ever. Eventually I cancelled my direct debit authority. Suddenly, even though my acount was paid a month ahead, all stopped, email account closed, and all web mail lost.

Will never go back there, and I make sure word-of-mouth spreads the message !

Mom
24th July 2009, 18:47
Why didn't I know this last night? Hells teeth, I would have ahd a field day!

Virago
24th July 2009, 19:36
Slingshot are currently doing a big telemarketing campaign.

Their calling policies:
- If a child answers, hangup.
- If an answer machine / service answers, hangup.
- If it sounds like a business greeting, hang up.

For my business, I divert the land-line to my cellphone when out of the office, which means I pay the cell-phone cost. After receiving around a dozen "hang-up" calls from the same number, I phoned the number back - fucking Slingshot.

Marknz
24th July 2009, 19:42
i find that simply hanging up once you've realised what they are is not a bad ploy... saves a whole lotta stress.

Mom
24th July 2009, 19:44
i find that simply hanging up once you've realised what they are is not a bad ploy... saves a whole lotta stress.

Yepper, but they keep on at you. This is the first call from slingshot I have received. I am looking forward to the next one :yes:

Gremlin
24th July 2009, 21:45
Doesn't always work... I hung up some call... phone rings... "Hi, we seem to have got cut off back there..."

:shit:

Goblin
24th July 2009, 22:23
That's the only good thing about dialup! slingshot hehe! No annoying unwanted phonecalls.

The rare occasion the puter is off, phone rings an its the blardy telemarketers and telebeggers.

My boy once told the woman...mummy's on the toilet doing poooos! She never called back either.

I'd like to know how to stop someone using my address as a false address for the cops tho. Nearly every month I get infringement notices and court notices for fines for Christopher John Jolly. RTS and they keep coming. Take them into courthouse and tell them he doesnt live here...and they keep coming.:angry2:

crazyhorse
24th July 2009, 22:26
I had one tonight - about saving the kiwi's - same thing, tries to make you feel guilty by saying no - whats with that? There are so many good causes out there - you can't possibly support them all...??:gob:

Owl
25th July 2009, 10:57
Slingshot are currently doing a big telemarketing campaign.

Their calling policies:
- If a child answers, hangup.
- If an answer machine / service answers, hangup.
- If it sounds like a business greeting, hang up.

For my business, I divert the land-line to my cellphone when out of the office, which means I pay the cell-phone cost. After receiving around a dozen "hang-up" calls from the same number, I phoned the number back - fucking Slingshot.

That would fuck me right off!:angry2:

Here's my bitch.

I pay $46 for a telecommunication service to improve my life, use at my convenience and make it easier for family and friends to get hold of me (not big on cell phones). The only reason I switched to broadband years ago was to free up the phone so my very ill mother could get hold of me promptly.

So what gives telemarketers the right to use a service I pay for, for their own gain and render that service temporarily useless to people that do matter?:angry:

Owl
25th July 2009, 11:14
I had one tonight - about saving the kiwi's - same thing, tries to make you feel guilty by saying no - whats with that? There are so many good causes out there - you can't possibly support them all...??:gob:

They didn't make you feel guilty. You allowed yourself to feel guilty!

You probably like Kiwi's (I do too), but you don't have to communicate that to telemarketers.
Lie and simply say "I don't care about Kiwi's" :gob::gob::gob:and they will not want to talk to you anymore.:yes: