PDA

View Full Version : Well...what about Black Eyed Peas then?

Genestho
23rd July 2009, 19:10
I'm sorry AC/DC :bye:

I've gone and bought BEP Ticket instead!!

Anybody else going? I get a feeling it'll be a goodnight, last concert was Orsum!:wari: $131.00 for a ticket though!

NDORFN
23rd July 2009, 19:16
You're nuts.

Genestho
23rd July 2009, 19:24
Totally! :bleh:

Skyryder
23rd July 2009, 20:12
AC DC so yesterday.

BEP. Today.

Got one of their CD's for a Crissy pres this year.

Skyryder

Molly
23rd July 2009, 20:15
Do they play any instruments at this sort of concert? Maybe it's a stupid question. I just wonder if they can recreate their songs live with real instruments rather than backing tracks?

Showing my age... Gimme AC/DC any day.

Genestho
23rd July 2009, 20:15
AC DC so yesterday.

BEP. Today.

Skyryder

OO I've got 2 albums and some mixed stuff..quite good, and might have to go get the new E.N.D album, that "I got a feeling" song is GOOOOD
I feel the need to jump around in real life to it!! LOL!

They go off live too! There was no one sitting at the last concert!:woohoo:

Molly
23rd July 2009, 20:16
There was no one sitting at the last concert!:woohoo:

Rushing for the exits?

98tls
23rd July 2009, 20:19
AC DC so yesterday.

BEP. Today.

Skyryder Last year me mum taking the piss bought me some Highlanders undies (am a staunch Crusaders fan and she knows it):angry: and a Beps CD.Used the undies to polish the bike and the CD became a mini frisbee.

Genestho
23rd July 2009, 20:21
Do they play any instruments at this sort of concert? Maybe it's a stupid question. I just wonder if they can recreate their songs live with real instruments rather than backing tracks?

No I know what you mean, I like the classics too!

BUT! Oh mate Fergie did an awesome trumpet solo, it was dead sexy, and WILL I AM did a solo on the drums, started out as a basic four beat, had a few goes at it, looked like he was trying to show he really couldn't play, he turned it into a wicked solo...

Granted alot of the backing sound was digitalised, but their voices and the sound was as if you're listening to a disc!

98tls
23rd July 2009, 20:22
Speaking of taking a piss.

Molly
23rd July 2009, 20:26
No I know what you mean, I like the classics too!

BUT! Oh mate Fergie did an awesome trumpet solo, it was dead sexy, and WILL I AM did a solo on the drums, started out as a basic four beat, had a few goes at it, looked like he was trying to show he really couldn't play, he turned it into a wicked solo...

Granted alot of the backing sound was digitalised, but their voices and the sound was as if you're listening to a disc!

Fair enough. Wouldn't be my cup of tea but, I mean, just look at my bikes...

Genestho
23rd July 2009, 20:26
Rushing for the exits?
LOL! Actually there was a guy in front of me sitting, and the place was goin off! I went to reach over and say come on, get up and boogie, but he was in a wheelchair! :doh:

Genestho
23rd July 2009, 20:28
Fair enough. Wouldn't be my cup of tea but, I mean, just look at my bikes...

Ah but your'e on two wheels! That's the main thing!!

sunhuntin
23rd July 2009, 20:28
id like to go, if only it wasnt auckland only! grrrrr. if i had the money and time spare, id buy a ticket and fly up. dangit.

tgw... can you do me a favour and kidnap fergie for me? :blip: thanks!

Molly
23rd July 2009, 20:29
LOL! Actually there was a guy in front of me sitting, and the place was goin off! I went to reach over and say come on, get up and boogie, but he was in a wheelchair! :doh:

He'd still dance more than me.... I was a professional musician for a number of years but really didn't belong on a stage. I never wore the shine off the soles of my 'Shelly' pointy shoes (and looked a twat in my snakeskin pants).

Genestho
23rd July 2009, 20:29
Speaking of taking a piss.

LOL! at you throwing the disc, should've tried the old claybird shooting trick!! hehe!

Genestho
23rd July 2009, 20:31
id like to go, if only it wasnt auckland only! grrrrr. if i had the money and time spare, id buy a ticket and fly up. dangit.

tgw... can you do me a favour and kidnap fergie for me? :blip: thanks!
LOL! Judging by most blokes reactions, you'd have to wait in line baby!!! hehe

Genestho
23rd July 2009, 20:32
He'd still dance more than me.... I was a professional musician for a number of years but really didn't belong on a stage. I never wore the shine off the soles of my 'Shelly' pointy shoes (and looked a twat in my snakeskin pants).

Yea, but what about the blokey one knee bend!? LOL!

Molly
23rd July 2009, 20:38
Yea, but what about the blokey one knee bend!? LOL!

No. Can't do it. Can't physically move to music. I just think it looks..., well, next time people are dancing on telly, turn the sound down and watch.

Think I'm just too white and repressed. It's my English sensibilities.

Max Preload
23rd July 2009, 20:40

I too prefer bands that can play instruments...

I'd rather just have the disc.

Genestho
23rd July 2009, 20:40
No. Can't do it. Can't physically move to music. I just think it looks..., well, next time people are dancing on telly, turn the sound down and watch.

Ahh that's a pity. I make my boys dance every morning LOL, they're only young so they're into it LOL. Don't want them to grow up thinking they can't groove it out!!

98tls
23rd July 2009, 20:43
Ahh that's a pity. I make my boys dance every morning LOL, they're only young so they're into it LOL. Don't want them to grow up thinking they can't groove it out!! Fair call mate,i still shake my stuff nude early on summer mornings:innocent:when the curtains are still pulled:innocent::wari:funny really,dog heads straight for the door as if to say "ffs let me outta here".

Molly
23rd July 2009, 20:43
Ahh that's a pity. I make my boys dance every morning LOL, they're only young so they're into it LOL. Don't want them to grow up thinking they can't groove it out!!

Sounds like the right thing to do. I sing to my wee girl (six months) all the time too. The Sound of Music at the moment... :-( Well, she likes it and White Zombie might not be appropriate.

Genestho
23rd July 2009, 20:46
Sounds like the right thing to do. I sing to my wee girl (six months) all the time too. The Sound of Music at the moment... :-( Well, she likes it and White Zombie might not be appropriate.

Fair call mate,i still shake my stuff nude early on summer mornings:innocent:when the curtains are still pulled:innocent::wari:funny really,dog heads straight for the door as if to say "ffs let me outta here".

LOL! Dancing really is the best endorphins ever IMHO!
Kids love being sung to Molly, we make up silly songs. It's fun!!
Do you know that was my first go at multiquoting!? Weeeeeeeee

oldguy
23rd July 2009, 20:52
I don't mind there music, some of it is quite good, start tapping your feet to the beat, I wouldn't go to the concert thou.

Genestho
23rd July 2009, 20:57
To be honest I was pretty second hand after the last one, don't think I'd blown energy like that for awhile!!!:crazy:

MisterD
23rd July 2009, 21:07

There's a medical term for that, it's called being too sober.

BTW, up close and without the airbrushing, that Fergie's rough-as (I was on the same plane over to the States a couple of years ago and was at the front of cattle class while her and her mates were climbing the stairs of the 747. The funniest thing was the old bloke (70ish) behind me that leaned forward and said "they must be in a rock band, look at the state of his trousers...")

Molly
23rd July 2009, 21:13
There's a medical term for that, it's called being too sober.

I'd have to be f'kin' annihilated...

The funniest thing was the old bloke (70ish) behind me that leaned forward and said "they must be in a rock band, look at the state of his trousers...")

Sounds like my dad watching Top of the Pops: <i>"They're on drugs". "What's that? A bloody bloke or a girl?". "They're on drugs". "State of 'im. Bloody poof". "They're on drugs". "They're on drugs"...</i>

Genestho
23rd July 2009, 21:22
Oh noooooo, you couldn't go to a BEP concert drunk, you'd be very sick during and after with dehydration!!!!! (Although I'm sure people do!!:crazy:)

Molly
23rd July 2009, 21:36
Oh noooooo, you couldn't go to a BEP concert drunk...

I couldn't go sober...

CookMySock
23rd July 2009, 21:38
BEP. Today. Oh yeah. This should be massive.

Steve

Genestho
23rd July 2009, 21:42
Speaking for myself?

Natural Endorphins Baby!!! :woohoo: (oh and a regular daily overexcess of Redbull or V Berry that my local dairy keeps in stock for me!!!)

But generally - I'm lucky I have always been blessed with a multitude of energy!!!

Unless broken sleep by the gruesome twosomes!!!:eek5:

Drew
23rd July 2009, 21:46
Well, I guess they do say, "gay is not a choice".

Genestho
24th July 2009, 09:24
<object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T_4EN4vT_f8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T_4EN4vT_f8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>

Go Fergie :wari: (Couldn't find the trumpet solo!)

Drew
24th July 2009, 10:32
<object width="340" height="285">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T_4EN4vT_f8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></object>

Go Fergie :wari: (Couldn't find the trumpet solo!)

Still think I'd go to AC/DC. The women there will mostly be cougars, or emo, but they will at least be available.

Unless you get Fergie rolling drunk and hand her a champeign bottle, you're out of luck.

http://www.redtube.com/7972

Genestho
24th July 2009, 11:53
I know I feel like a traitor to my AC/DC roots!:Punk:

Might my wear my AC/DC Tee at BEP to balance it out!!! :lol:

It was a tough decision, of course there is always Green Day coming up, which would be good too!!!!

So many decisions!!!

tri boy
24th July 2009, 15:24
BEP are great. Those who don't want to see fergie going ape shit up front are dead in the groin area.
AC/DC and the BEP in one summer:Punk:

Skyryder
24th July 2009, 17:42
Last year me mum taking the piss bought me some Highlanders undies (am a staunch Crusaders fan and she knows it):angry: and a Beps CD.Used the undies to polish the bike and the CD became a mini frisbee.

Well the undies I can understand. I'm looking for some toilet paper with Henry's face on it but no ones got my sense of humour.:dodge:

As for the frisbe................you Philistine you.:spanking:

Skyryder