PDA

View Full Version : US: Officer disciplined for stopping and handcuffing doctor on way to birth

Bob
31st March 2005, 00:30
A police officer who stopped a doctor for speeding on his motorbike on the way to deliver a baby, and then took him to the maternity ward in handcuffs, has agreed to an unpaid suspension for lack of judgment.

Dr. Anthony Chidiac was riding at just 10 mph over the 25 mph speed limit when he was stopped by Officer William Lilliston. When the doctor explained he was going to a delivery, the officer asked if he was delivering a pizza and later said, "If you're a doctor, I'm Mickey Mouse or Joe Blow."

Only after handcuffing the doctor did Lilliston call the hospital to confirm Chidiac's story. He then drove Chidac to the hospital, as the baby’s head was showing, but still insisted on seeing the doctor’s driving licence before allowing him out of the cuffs and change into scrubs.

Chidiac delivered the baby 15 minutes after the handcuffs were removed.

Lilliston, who said the doctor had been slow in pulling over, later wrote Chidiac a traffic citation.

The officer agreed to serve a 16-day unpaid suspension under a negotiated settlement, said Jack Lokeinsky, his union's president. The case is scheduled to go before a Citizen Review Board.

curious george
31st March 2005, 07:53
FFS! What a moron!
I wonder if the cop could have been liable if there were delivery complications

spudchucka
31st March 2005, 08:00
FFS! What a moron!
I wonder if the cop could have been liable if there were delivery complications
In the land of litigation - absolutely!

Lou Girardin
31st March 2005, 09:44
The cop probably thought he was being quite reasonable. Maybe the Doc didn't pass the attitude test?
Fuckwitism is an international trend

inlinefour
31st March 2005, 20:00
The cop probably thought he was being quite reasonable. Maybe the Doc didn't pass the attitude test?
Fuckwitism is an international trend

The cop r the doctor? :confused:

Madmax
1st April 2005, 22:02
correct me if i am wrong spud but some of the doctors at
the main hospitals have a light they can use
(he had a cop car chasing him all the way to the
hospital then just ran into the ED department, in this case
the people in the smash were so f**d they put the chopper
down outside the ed department on the road!!,was like buckets
of blood)
:doctor:

Bob
2nd April 2005, 00:24
correct me if i am wrong spud but some of the doctors at
the main hospitals have a light they can use
(he had a cop car chasing him all the way to the
hospital then just ran into the ED department, in this case
the people in the smash were so f**d they put the chopper
down outside the ed department on the road!!,was like buckets
of blood)
:doctor:

Erm, have you posted this against the correct thread? This is nothing to do with a smash, this is an officer in the US clearly having a power-kick and arresting a doctor on the way to deliver a baby. As he'd jumped on his bike, I don't suppose he would have had a light fitted - wouldn't be a bad idea though.