PDA

View Full Version : Sidecar with a difference

Robbo
24th July 2009, 15:29
Nowadays, a motorcycle sidecar might not arouse the same ecstasy as it used to bikes in early days, but the latest vehicle by Francois Knorreck is a sidecar with difference that gives an entirely new definition to the sidecars. Dubbed “Snaefell,” the 1000cc Laverda motorcycle has three exhausts, and its sidecar offers a luxury ride in comparison to regular sidecars. The designer has employed different parts of a Kawasaki 1000RX and a number of cars to accomplish the motorcycle sidecar, which took 10 years and nearly 15,000 Euros to combine biking and luxury car ride in a single vehicle.

oldrider
24th July 2009, 16:37
Really novel "can do just because you can" project and what a nice job they made of it, interesting post! :yes:

laserracer
24th July 2009, 17:52
very cool ..best of both worlds

slofox
24th July 2009, 19:53
I'd be tempted to call it a "sidebike"...the car bit looks to dominate the bike bit somewhat. Pretty cruisy ride though I imagine...

cc rider
24th July 2009, 21:22
beats the dusting replica we used to have on the old GS suzuki :Punk:

shafty
24th July 2009, 21:54
Beautifully done - good post!

Genestho
24th July 2009, 23:42
Nowadays, a motorcycle sidecar might not arouse the same ecstasy as it used to bikes in early days, but the latest vehicle by Francois Knorreck is a sidecar with difference that gives an entirely new definition to the sidecars. Dubbed “Snaefell,” the 1000cc Laverda motorcycle has three exhausts, and its sidecar offers a luxury ride in comparison to regular sidecars. The designer has employed different parts of a Kawasaki 1000RX and a number of cars to accomplish the motorcycle sidecar, which took 10 years and nearly 15,000 Euros to combine biking and luxury car ride in a single vehicle.

I dub thee Snaefell..."wowwwwwwwww":gob: