PDA

View Full Version : Fairings/tyrewarmers?

puddy
25th July 2009, 09:58
Apart from Just Fairings, are there any other places to get fairings from for the GSXR1100K? Also, besides Tyrewarmers.co.nz, and Capit tyrewarmers from Motoworks(?) are there any other options? Are the Capit ones worth $800+? Any recommendations etc welcomed.

Wingnut
25th July 2009, 19:18
I know a few who run with these. Heard no complaints yet.

http://www.racesupplies.co.nz/sumomoto.php

I think they are $500 a set - but best enquire to be sure.

scracha
2nd August 2009, 02:24
I know a few who run with these. Heard no complaints yet.

Both of mine cooked after < 20 meetings.. I've heard a few others saying the same. Wouldn't buy them again.

Kiwi Graham
2nd August 2009, 08:08
Apart from Just Fairings, are there any other places to get fairings from for the GSXR1100K? Also, besides Tyrewarmers.co.nz, and Capit tyrewarmers from Motoworks(?) are there any other options? Are the Capit ones worth $800+? Any recommendations etc welcomed.

I use Tyrewarmers.co.nz ones.....$495 and had no worries with them

Farings.......give Billy a yell.....Autocycle refinishers & fibreglass 07 574 5579

Robert Taylor
5th August 2009, 19:18
I use Tyrewarmers.co.nz ones.....$495 and had no worries with them

Farings.......give Billy a yell.....Autocycle refinishers & fibreglass 07 574 5579

Tyrewarmers should absolutely not heat the tyres beyond 75 to 80 degrees celsius max. Temp readout is a good idea. Tyres are like cakes, overcook them and they are ruined.
Try to avoid the cheapest warmers and those made in mainland Asia. There may be exceptions.

puddy
5th August 2009, 23:01
Thanks for the replies. Have gone with tyrewarmers.co.nz and thanks Peter for putting me in touch with Phil for the fairing. Cheers.

DVS 69
6th August 2009, 14:40
I got mine from bikestore.co.nz they work sweet as

vroom
19th August 2009, 00:52
Both of mine cooked after < 20 meetings.. I've heard a few others saying the same. Wouldn't buy them again.

Can guarantee you don't have Capit Tyre warmers cause if you did..
1. I would have heard from you if they only lasted 20 meetings and
2. I haven't sold you any, I know where every set I have sold is!

As for saying you have heard a few saying the same, pure BS. Capit Tyre Warmers are the best money can buy, they are not cheap crap style electric blankets nor are they made in Asia, England or the outback of Australia.

For further info www.capit.it World Champion GP, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008 just to name the last couple of years!

scracha
19th August 2009, 13:41
Can guarantee you don't have Capit Tyre warmers cause if you did..

For further info www.capit.it World Champion GP, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008 just to name the last couple of years!

Sorry if anyone misunderstood and thought I'd purchased them off you, but they were Sumimoto tyre warmers and both the front and rear died in well under 20 meetings. I attend race meetings and have seen newish sumimoto warmers crap out with my own eyes. Upon asking if mine dying so early was unusual, a few other racers told me similar stories. I can't see why anyone would make these stories up?

The link pointed to Sumimoto warmers. I don't know anything about your Capit tyre warmers.

Or are you just advertising?

vroom
29th August 2009, 00:43
Sorry scracha my mistake, I had thought you were referring to Capit warmers.

No I am not trying to advertise, Capit simply are the best you can get but they don't compete with the cheap ones on the market so I don't bother to advertise them here. If asked about them we say, but it is a take it or leave it because of the price.

Cheers