PDA

View Full Version : New Victory x 2

Big Dave
25th July 2009, 18:11
Quite liking the look of the Cross country.

http://krnewsroom.blogspot.com/2009/07/2010-victory-lineup.html

rosie631
25th July 2009, 18:17
Nah, doesn't do it for me

AD345
25th July 2009, 18:17
The 2010 models for "The New American Bike" were released this week. I had planned to give a detailed write-up about each of them but inherent laziness has held sway.

In a nutshell then:

2 BRAND NEW Models

The Cross Country:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/2010-victory-motorcycles-first-look-2.jpg

The Cross Road:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/2010-victory-motorcycles-first-look-10.jpg

The 8-ball range expanded with:

Vision 8-ball

http://z.about.com/d/motorcycles/1/0/v/k/-/-/Victory_Vision_8Ball.jpg

And the Hammer 8-ball

http://z.about.com/d/motorcycles/1/0/m/k/-/-/Hammer_8Ball.jpg

Plus the usual Ness versions of the Jackpot and Vision along with minor tweaks to the rest of the range.

A bold move launching 2 new models into the current global economy but the bagger types in the US are foaming at the mouth in joyful delirium.
Based as they are on the Core and Vision platforms I'll be interested to see them in the flesh (whenever they get here) and even more keen to see them sans bags and fairings - death to whoever thought bat-wing fairings look good on a bike, sheesh.

AD345
25th July 2009, 18:20
Jeez BD

ya couldn't have waited 5 minutes?

Big Dave
25th July 2009, 18:23
Jeez BD

ya couldn't have waited 5 minutes?

What for? I put them up this morning.

Edit - Oh I see - if it's any consolation - hey have been on the victory press site for a few days but were embargoed.

AD345
25th July 2009, 18:27
What for? I put them up this morning.

Edit - Oh I see - if it's any consolation - hey have been on the victorty press site for a few days but were embargoed.

Edit edit

timing is now getting scary

Big Dave
25th July 2009, 18:28
next thread down?

a mod will merge them

YellowDog
25th July 2009, 18:34
Those bikes are sooooooo not my cup of tea.

AD345
25th July 2009, 18:38
Those bikes are sooooooo not my cup of tea.

Variety is the spice of life

slofox
25th July 2009, 18:39

Nah. Me neither. If I wanted a tank I'd go see the army...

SARGE
25th July 2009, 18:40
Quite liking the look of the Cross country.

http://krnewsroom.blogspot.com/2009/07/2010-victory-lineup.html

maybe when im older and get one of these ......:done:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/nizmokustomz123/winnebago.jpg

YellowDog
25th July 2009, 18:42
I don't know anything about Victory bikes.

I am presuming they are the American and an HD competitor that started up in the late 90s?

I had suspected that they had dissapeared in this already over crowded market.

AD345
25th July 2009, 18:44

see them in the flesh first.

With the exception of the Vision (which is pretty huge) the Victory range is amazingly un-tanklike

AD345
25th July 2009, 18:50

I am presuming they are the American and an HD competitor that started up in the late 90s?

I had suspected that they had dissapeared in this already over crowded market.

A division of Polaris, Victory has been selling bikes for the last 10 years and reasonably successfully (30,000 or 40,000 sold from memory). They are made in Spirit Lake, Iowa. There initial efforts were embarassing HD clones with some naff transmissions but they reinvented themselves about 6 years ago with a new engine. They've gone on to create a new market segment (or at least expand it) with a reasonably large range of cruisers. All of their bikes have either a 100 ci (1634cc) or 106ci (1740cc) freedom engine with a 6-speed gearbox with the exception of the 8-ball range which has a 5 speed......

I could warble on some more but I sense your eyes beginning to glaze over.

Big Dave
25th July 2009, 19:26

Tanklike they are not. The existing models are probably the best handling in the class. With the exception of the Hammer - which isn't - but may be the best fun.

Big Dave
25th July 2009, 19:27
=with the exception of the 8-ball range which has a 5 speed......

Which is one more gear than any of them actually need.

Big Dave
25th July 2009, 19:31
maybe when im older and get one of these ......:done:

Least it won't slow you down any. :scooter:

I did go for a burn today - didn't ring - all dirt roads - you would have hated it.

98tls
25th July 2009, 19:38

I had suspected that they had dissapeared in this already over crowded market. From what ive seen there just going from strength to strength,though not my cup of tea (yet) i have to admit that the ones ive seen in the flesh are pretty easy on the eye indeed,can testify that they go pretty hard to with the right bloke onboard (Xnuts springs to mind).There different and they got curves,gotta be ok.

AD345
25th July 2009, 20:17
Which is one more gear than any of them actually need.

Oh I dunno.

Last Sunday (*cough*) I rode the Vegas 8-ball, with the shotgun pipes, for part of the day and found that I could do just about anything I wanted to do in 5th

Big Dave
25th July 2009, 20:20
Oh I dunno.

Last Sunday (*cough*) I rode the Vegas 8-ball, with the shotgun pipes, for part of the day and found that I could do just about anything I wanted to do in 5th

All of the 1500cc bikes would be fine with three and an overdrive.

AD345
25th July 2009, 20:25
All of the 1500cc bikes would be fine with three and an overdrive.

A Rocket III-speed?

Madness
25th July 2009, 20:37
I don't understand the aversion the Americans seem to have for twin discs. Is it a weight-saving thing?.

normajeane
25th July 2009, 20:39

Ditto for me, us? Too much cover!!

Big Dave
25th July 2009, 20:50
A Rocket III-speed?

It would make a great 2 speed auto.

Big Dave
25th July 2009, 20:51
I don't understand the aversion the Americans seem to have for twin discs. Is it a weight-saving thing?.

Un-necessary thing. Your sports bike has them partly for efficient heat dissipation during repeated hard stops without fading. Not a big a consideration on a tourer. Braking power is fine.

AD345
25th July 2009, 22:55

The Vision, the Hammer (but not the new 8-ball version), the new Cross Country and the Cross Road all have twin discs at the front. The Jackpot, Vegas and Kingpin don't. As BD pointed out, lack of braking ability is not something that comes up.

SARGE
26th July 2009, 10:29
Least it won't slow you down any. :scooter:

I did go for a burn today - didn't ring - all dirt roads - you would have hated it.

no problem .. i went for a burn today also ... all over 100 kph .. you would have hated it ...:done:

Big Dave
26th July 2009, 17:35
no problem .. i went for a burn today also ... all over 100 kph .. you would have hated it ...:done:

Yeah - I suppose I could have slowed down.

zx rider
26th July 2009, 17:50
Just my 2 cents here.

That 8 ball Hammer is the cleanest and styliest lookin cruiser around.

I may never own or ride one, but that sure is stunning.

Well done to Victory :niceone: