PDA

View Full Version : Farm bikes on the road

Ragingrob
26th July 2009, 18:36
Just a quick question,

Does anyone know what the law is regarding riding farm bikes on the road? I'm sure there used to be a law letting you ride on the road for a certain distance from the farm.

Cheers :done:

duckonin
26th July 2009, 18:42
Yep ..rego, wof, helmet....

davereid
26th July 2009, 18:46
Yep ..rego, wof, helmet....

Farm rego, about $80 no proof of WOF required to get it. Should have a WOF if speed over 30km/hr.

bogan
26th July 2009, 18:50
I thought it was just within a couple of k of your property and it was sweet. Neva heard of no farm rego. Not like you need a rego for the mob of bulls you're hearding down the road.

Ragingrob
26th July 2009, 19:05
Three different answers... Fair enough. The farm rego sounds interesting anyway.

Subike
26th July 2009, 19:12
A farm registration allows you to use a farm vehicle within 20k's of your farm. any farm vehicle, tractor, trailer, trike, quad, truck, should carry these registations which cover the ACC levey for accidents whilst on the road. Vehicles do not have to be of WOF standard unless they exceed 30kph during their use on the road.

Thats what I recall of the rules. I will be corrected upon this Im sure.:sunny:

Ragingrob
26th July 2009, 19:14
A farm registration allows you to use a farm vehicle within 20k's of your farm. any farm vehicle, tractor, trailer, trike, quad, truck, should carry these registations which cover the ACC levey for accidents whilst on the road. Vehicles do not have to be of WOF standard unless they exceed 30kph during their use on the road.

Sweet that sounds pretty good, apart from the 30kph lol! Doubt my bike would get a wof haha... Ah well it the speedo doesn't work, so I never exceed 30kph anyway :innocent:

FJRider
26th July 2009, 19:16
Most of these vehicles are usually required to be registered, to be covered by insurance.

peasea
26th July 2009, 20:40
I thought it was just within a couple of k of your property and it was sweet. Neva heard of no farm rego. Not like you need a rego for the mob of bulls you're hearding down the road.

Quite right; you need rego for the other mob of bulls and their bull-SHIT!
Bwahaha

cowpoos
26th July 2009, 20:51

yep what you say...rego as a agricultural vehicle and a minimum of a learners licence [car or bike]...

Ragingrob
26th July 2009, 21:03
yep what you say...rego as a agricultural vehicle and a minimum of a learners licence [car or bike]...

Sweet, and that's $80 or so? Can't find anything on the ltsa website!

duckonin
27th July 2009, 09:19
Hmmmm! one learns something every day, I would of thought a vehicle being driven on the road needed all three, so it would seem I can steam off (30kph) up the state highway with no helmet licence and rego because I am a farmer !...

Ragingrob
27th July 2009, 11:56
Hmmmm! one learns something every day, I would of thought a vehicle being driven on the road needed all three, so it would seem I can steam off (30kph) up the state highway with no helmet licence and rego because I am a farmer !...

Well... I'd say you're need a helmet, license, and ag rego... So not really lol!

I reckon I could get halfway round Karaka on the grass verge though so all g :Punk:

duckonin
27th July 2009, 18:42
Well... I'd say you're need a helmet, license, and ag rego... So not really lol!

I reckon I could get halfway round Karaka on the grass verge though so all g :Punk:

:laugh::laugh: