PDA

View Full Version : GSXR400 1992 Blade Bracket needed

Quasievil
31st March 2005, 14:56
Yup thats what I need, I went into the local wreckers who wanted $80.oo for a bent one (dickhead)
Its the bracket that comes up from the steering head and goes to each side of the Fairing (around the blade) some wally fell of my bike last year and bent it (hi Rowan)
If anyone has one or knows where one is can you let me know please

any other ideas gratefully accepted

NC
31st March 2005, 15:00
Yup thats what I need, I went into the local wreckers who wanted $80.oo for a bent one (dickhead)
Its the bracket that comes up from the steering head and goes to each side of the Fairing (around the blade) some wally fell of my bike last year and bent it (hi Rowan)
If anyone has one or knows where one is can you let me know please

any other ideas gratefully accepted
How much would an engineer charge to heat and bend the old one straight?

Hoon
31st March 2005, 15:25
After various crashes on my race bike I've given up trying to fix/replace the original fairing stay each time. Buy some 1/2 inch tube steel from the local steel yard and bend up your own. I only bend up the side arms and don't worry about joining them in the middle - means I don't need to mig them and can replace them individually in a crash (I bent up 4 sets for my ZXR400).

Quasievil
31st March 2005, 15:36
After various crashes on my race bike I've given up trying to fix/replace the original fairing stay each time. Buy some 1/2 inch tube steel from the local steel yard and bend up your own. I only bend up the side arms and don't worry about joining them in the middle - means I don't need to mig them and can replace them individually in a crash (I bent up 4 sets for my ZXR400).

Good call Hoon thanks
see you next week at Taupo

Waylander
31st March 2005, 17:13
Wich one did ya go to Quasi? The one of of lincoln has never been very helpfull.

Quasievil
31st March 2005, 17:35
Wich one did ya go to Quasi? The one of of lincoln has never been very helpfull.

bikes And Bits bloody gave me an incentive for making my own one