PDA

View Full Version : Stoopid bank!

Supermac Jr
28th July 2009, 10:44
The short version!

So I had to send some money overseas into my account (this already pissed me off).

Off to the bank i go, transfer a couple of thousand bucks as you do. This cost me $25 - nothing for free. this happened on the 8th of July.
So now I monitor my international account for said monies to arrive. 10 working days later - sweet nothing! Politely go to the bank and ask "where is my monies?" they tell me they can check but it'll cost another $30 to do the trace. What? I spit dummy!!! Bank sees my point and waives that charge. Almost a week later i get a call from the bank with a reference number telling me that I have to phone the international/tranfer team at the other side to sort this out. (Why did I pay $25 buck to start with?)
this person at the bank is so incompetent its unbelievable (and talks way too much). I'm sooo pissed off with this bank...:Oi::mad::argh::angry2::2guns::ar15: whats the story with the provocation defence at the moment???

Rant over!!!

Str8 Jacket
28th July 2009, 10:45
You obviously have too much money and must be punished!! ;)

Finn
28th July 2009, 10:49
Contrary to what the NZ Banks would like you to think, most of them are still running on 30 year old mainframes. Some of them don't even have keyboards.

Also, in a move to generate more profit on top of an already obscene profit, they have successfully distanced themselves further away from the customer. You should be grateful the teller can even speak English.

Supermac Jr
28th July 2009, 11:06
running on 30 year old mainframes. Some of them don't even have keyboards.

thats comforting

MSTRS
28th July 2009, 11:11
thats comforting

It should be. With that technology, there'll be no remote access for hackers....

Clockwork
28th July 2009, 11:21
I can assure you that our Mainframe is less than a year old and NO bank would still be running on the computers they were using when I started 30 years ago!

The applications are getting on a bit though

Forest
28th July 2009, 11:34
The short version!

So I had to send some money overseas into my account (this already pissed me off).

Off to the bank i go, transfer a couple of thousand bucks as you do. This cost me $25 - nothing for free. this happened on the 8th of July.
So now I monitor my international account for said monies to arrive. 10 working days later - sweet nothing! Politely go to the bank and ask "where is my monies?" they tell me they can check but it'll cost another $30 to do the trace. What? I spit dummy!!! Bank sees my point and waives that charge. Almost a week later i get a call from the bank with a reference number telling me that I have to phone the international/tranfer team at the other side to sort this out. (Why did I pay $25 buck to start with?)
this person at the bank is so incompetent its unbelievable (and talks way too much). I'm sooo pissed off with this bank...:Oi::mad::argh::angry2::2guns::ar15: whats the story with the provocation defence at the moment???

Rant over!!!

I'd save your bile for the receiving bank.

Your money would almost definitely have been transferred ten days ago. Since then it will have been sitting in the receiving bank's inwards payments suspense account.

Forest
28th July 2009, 11:39
Contrary to what the NZ Banks would like you to think, most of them are still running on 30 year old mainframes. Some of them don't even have keyboards.

There are no thirty-year-old mainframes in NZ. The support contracts are structured in a way that makes them uneconomic to support after ten years.

However there are some very old mainframe applications still running in production environments (the development history for some of banking apps exceeds 45 years). Backward compatibility is one the most beautiful things about mainframe ops.

Laava
28th July 2009, 11:50
T whats the story with the provocation defence at the moment???

Rant over!!!
Keep your stabbings to less than 217 and you should be sweet!

crazyhorse
28th July 2009, 12:38
The short version!

Rant over!!!

You should've done it online - I can transfer to my international account through my online banking account - and you get to see it in the other account the next day. :done:

shafty
28th July 2009, 13:04
Two words: Banking Ombudsman