PDA

View Full Version : The Spirit of Bucket Racing

SHELRACING
28th July 2009, 13:24
After my piston ID thread with the RG. This comment deserved a new thread.

Disaster for us when the TZ50 cracked a piston, even worse when in the true style of a bucket race bike the piston happened to be non standard, not even Yamaha.

Great support from those with more knowledge than me. Generous donations of free (brand new) pistons from a good mate TZ350. Racing buckets is great, bucket racers makes it greater

Cheers everyone :niceone:

nudemetalz
28th July 2009, 13:34
The spirit of bucket racing - Nudey style !!

At the last meeting, my bucket developed a terminal fuel leak where I only got half a race on it the whole day.
So, one of the bucketers (Adrian) let me go and have a play in the B-grade on his and we quickly swap over for when he went out on the A-grade (which was just after the B).
Then Fishy also let me ride his spare bike (his quick RG50) for 2 races.

That is the spirit of bucketing, people helping people.

Thanks guys !!
:Punk:

edit - also thanks to Andrew Adlam and the others who helped me try to fix the leak.

Trudes
28th July 2009, 13:50
For sure eh!
You mention you need something for your "work of art" bucket and someone contacts you and says they have something that'll work, sometimes for a very small amount of $$, sometimes for a beer next time you see them.
Your bike breaks down and you hang about looking sad and next minute someone offers you their bike so you can carry on having fun.
I have limited mechanical knowledge but am always keen to get dirty and learn and there are always people offering to help, show me how to do something, offering advice and usually for nothing more than a "Thanks"!!
There is a lot of shit talking and piss taking, but that's part of the fun. What an awesome group bucketeers are!:sunny:

Skunk
28th July 2009, 14:16
At the last meeting, my bucket developed a terminal fuel leak where I only got half a race on it the whole day.
Speaking of which - did you use all my knead-it or is there some left?

nudemetalz
28th July 2009, 14:31
errr...yes...I used it but didn't work so will replace it.

I've bought another tank which appears to be leak-free.

Skunk
28th July 2009, 14:37
Nah, just checking to see if I need to get more.

nudemetalz
28th July 2009, 14:55
I'll get you some more. I used yours so only fair.

Bend-it
28th July 2009, 16:03
This pretty much captures the spirit of bucket racing... :rofl:

nudemetalz
28th July 2009, 16:34
Hey Kev,

Insteada takin' da piss, why don't you come out for a blat on my one and see if you're a real man .....:laugh: :2guns::jerry:

Buckets4Me
28th July 2009, 17:48
After my piston ID thread with the RG. This comment deserved a new thread.

Generous donations of free (brand new) pistons from a good mate TZ350.

Cheers everyone :niceone:

you'r using my spares means you cant overtake me in any of the f5 races thanks

:laugh: :2guns:

Bend-it
29th July 2009, 12:46
Hey Kev,

Insteada takin' da piss, why don't you come out for a blat on my one and see if you're a real man .....:laugh: :2guns::jerry:

'coz I know I'm not...

:shutup:

:msn-wink:

nudemetalz
29th July 2009, 14:22
Don't know 'til you try.
Lots of people to help you.
And bucket racing is VERY addictive !!!

speedpro
29th July 2009, 19:25
[QUOTE=nudemetalz;1129329775And bucket racing is VERY addictive !!![/QUOTE]

I'm not addicted. I can give up any time I want to. I just don't want to right now. Maybe next year when there is a bit less stress in my life.

SHELRACING
29th July 2009, 22:47
you'r using my spares means you cant overtake me in any of the f5 races thanks

:laugh: :2guns:

Well many thanks then for TZ350 for giving us B4ME's spares. I won't have to worry about passing you then, if you've got not parts to fix yer bike.

I can send you up a couple of well used replacements, a few cracks, chips and holes that might reduce compression a little. :laugh:

Buckets4Me
30th July 2009, 20:49
Well many thanks then for TZ350 for giving us B4ME's spares. I won't have to worry about passing you then, if you've got not parts to fix yer bike.

I can send you up a couple of well used replacements, a few cracks, chips and holes that might reduce compression a little. :laugh:

nothing a bit of devcon cant fix :apint: (the bucket way)

SHELRACING
30th July 2009, 22:33
nothing a bit of devcon cant fix :apint: (the bucket way)

So when will the RG be back at the track then B4ME

Buckets4Me
31st July 2009, 12:50
So when will the RG be back at the track then B4ME

when I can be botherd coming :crazy:

rucgby and kids got in the way last time but I hope to be there this time around

I hear they are thinging of droping the f5 races so had better put in a show

TZ350
1st August 2009, 07:52
Team ESE have just aquired another RG50 so that makes three for team ESE.

B4me's, mine and a new one. I am very much looking forward to getting out there again on a 50.

SHELRACING
1st August 2009, 11:28

B4me's, mine and a new one. I am very much looking forward to getting out there again on a 50.

Great the F5 numbers need a boost, you going to bring them along next week then ?

F5 Dave
1st August 2009, 13:05
Bit too far to travel, but I'd be keen otherwise, well, later.

Keep F5 strong up there!

TZ350
1st August 2009, 13:31
Great the F5 numbers need a boost, you going to bring them along next week then ?

Mine is still a pile of bits but getting there. The new one will get picked up maybe this week, its allready setup for buckets but is short an ignition so probably not. B4me is bringing his though.

Pumba
1st August 2009, 13:36

Nice, was that the one that was on trade me in Hamilton?

Buckets4Me
1st August 2009, 13:58
Nice, was that the one that was on trade me in Hamilton?

no mines all the way from wellington :innocent: