PDA

View Full Version : My new SFV 650 Gladys

mattian
28th July 2009, 17:41
oh how she makes me glad........:love:

Its my very first step up from a 250 and, I have been quite overwhelmed at how much more powerful it is from my nifty 250. I always new it would be a steep learning curve and, after having to change my undies twice a day, everyday, for the first week I feel now that I have settled on this bike.
Biggest difference?? I would have to say the sensitivity of the throttle was quite a shock..... the littlest twist rewards you with quite a surge in power and, get it up over around 5-6000 revs it really takes off....... I have only been tempted a few times. I am still breaking in the engine so, am trying to resist temptation and take it as easy as possible.
sorry the quality of the pics...... its my mates mobile phone.

vindy500
28th July 2009, 17:45
sorry the quality of the pics...... its my mates mobile phone.

one of those phones w/out a camera?

mattian
28th July 2009, 17:48
sorry..... having problems uploading the pics

OH ! I would like to point out that these pics were taken in my driveway! before I get told off for no helmet

humphrt
28th July 2009, 17:50
I know the feelin. Same thing happened when i stepped up to my 400. Everytime i yanked the throttle it felt like the bike was goin to leave me behind. Now of course its not quite so exciting but still fun.

How much did it cost you?

Hey looks good. Read a mag article on one, was very positive.

mattian
28th July 2009, 17:56
I know the feelin. Same thing happened when i stepped up to my 400. Everytime i yanked the throttle it felt like the bike was goin to leave me behind. Now of course its not quite so exciting but still fun.

How much did it cost you?

Hey looks good. Read a mag article on one, was very positive.

all up cost me 12,000 + rego and warrant. Definately the cheapest of all the new middle weight bikes on the market. (apart from the Hyodung )

mattian
29th July 2009, 19:12
sorry... did I say something wrong about the Hyodung?...... I mean sung?