PDA

View Full Version : Bring back capital punishment

SMOKEU
29th July 2009, 00:15
I'm sick of hearing about all these thieves who steal cars, bikes and break into peoples houses and the government does fuck all about it. Just tonight my workmates car got stolen so he called the cops and they didn't seem to give a fuck about it. These thieves at the worst get a few months in prison where they are provided with good accommodation and decent food then they are released into our environment so they can steal again. These people should be put into game reserves where they belong so victims of their crimes can shoot them and then they can be turned into dog roll.
My dads mate lives in the Emirates and he leaves his car with the key in the ignition and the engine running while he goes shopping so the air con can keep the car cool and no one will dare steal it because they are so scared of getting caught. We need much tougher laws especially for repeat offenders, not this bullshit PC propaganda where the thieves get more rights than the honest people.

Conquiztador
29th July 2009, 00:31
I'm sick of hearing about all these thieves who steal cars, bikes and break into peoples houses and the government does fuck all about it. Just tonight my workmates car got stolen so he called the cops and they didn't seem to give a fuck about it. These thieves at the worst get a few months in prison where they are provided with good accommodation and decent food then they are released into our environment so they can steal again. These people should be put into game reserves where they belong so victims of their crimes can shoot them and then they can be turned into dog roll.
My dads mate lives in the Emirates and he leaves his car with the key in the ignition and the engine running while he goes shopping so the air con can keep the car cool and no one will dare steal it because they are so scared of getting caught. We need much tougher laws especially for repeat offenders, not this bullshit PC propaganda where the thieves get more rights than the honest people.

SMOKEU for PM!

One thing I have always tried to get people to see is that it is not about punishment. It is about removing individuals from society that have lost their right to be part of it as a result of their actions. To then spend huge amounts to cater for the criminals while they get "rehabilitation" is a total waste of money. Keep them locked up, take away all their rights (yes all of them!) apart from the right to meals and exercise and they will not want to go back.

And I also like the way they in Emirates cut the hand of a thief...

SMOKEU
29th July 2009, 00:42
Each time a vehicle gets stolen then the insurance companies have another excuse to increase premiums for everyone who has full cover. When thieves are jailed think of the immense cost to society to keep them imprisoned. They should be chained up and forced to do something beneficial to the community; weather it be building new roads or building houses for the poor, park maintenance etc to help pay for the damage that they have done to society.

There should be very harsh sentences for repeat offenders, 3rd time you're caught stealing a vehicle or breaking into houses, a mandatory 10+ year jail sentence without all these privileges in prison that many of us on full time employment can't afford.

SixPackBack
29th July 2009, 06:04

Looks like the coppers could have helped out a lot more?

YellowDog
29th July 2009, 06:25
I am sure that this is extremely frustrating.

I know of someone who stole $400k from her employer to blow at SkyCity. The only reson she did not go to jail is because the Police said that they were 'too busy' and wondered if her employer could phone back another time.

After her husband (now ex) mortgaged himself into oblivion and his parents paid him his inheritance before their deaths, the employer didn't call the Police back.

And the moral of the story: Save your crimes to a time when the Police are really really busy!

sels1
29th July 2009, 06:40
This subject has been covered lots of times on KB...but I hope you feel better for having had your rant.

alanzs
29th July 2009, 06:46
Each time a vehicle gets stolen then the insurance companies have another excuse to increase premiums for everyone who has full cover. When thieves are jailed think of the immense cost to society to keep them imprisoned. They should be chained up and forced to do something beneficial to the community; weather it be building new roads or building houses for the poor, park maintenance etc to help pay for the damage that they have done to society.

There should be very harsh sentences for repeat offenders, 3rd time you're caught stealing a vehicle or breaking into houses, a mandatory 10+ year jail sentence without all these privileges in prison that many of us on full time employment can't afford.

10 years for a serial crim? I prefer the 3 strikes law where after three serious violent crimes, you get 25 years to life. 25 years before any possibility of parole. Lock up the criminals!

short-circuit
29th July 2009, 07:17
What about Gas Chamber treatment for sections of the population who continually whinge about capital punishment?

Clearly they are too thick to comprehend the implications for a civilised and progressive society and clearly they are not fit for it.

ManDownUnder
29th July 2009, 07:57
What about Gas Chamber treatment for sections of the population who continually whinge about capital punishment?

Clearly they are too thick to comprehend the implications for a civilised and progressive society and clearly they are not fit for it.

And digital reduction techniques being applied to trolls and wind up merchants! :sunny:

Capital punishment - not my cup of tea, it's an ethical thing for me, but I'm ok with the gonad removal of sexual offenders, or other similar "related" procedures (can't think of any off hand other than balls being chopped off but there must be more)

mashman
29th July 2009, 13:43
I do like the idea behind 3 strikes, but i'd rather the end result was out and not jail... If you're not going to be a productive member of society, ok that's a wanky way of putting it, but you get the idea, then why should you be allowed to share my "civilised" society bubble. I'd rather that the result of 3 crimes against humanity be punishable by death. A touch extreme maybe, but someone telling you that crime is bad really doesn't seem to be working...

Put people inside for a year at a time and after 3 years, if they haven't clicked on as to why they've been put inside, then shoot them.

Granted there will be burden of proof issues, extenuating circumstances (hard to tell a lie from the truth when the lie is good enough), the list of ologies to dance around and i'm sure many many other things to consider.

BUT, if you've committed 3 crimes and the proof has been there to convict you, you really have no extenuating circumstance to fall back on, especially as you've had 2 prior chances to sort yourself out... What's the problem then? Why not just get rid of the leeches...

Disco Dan
29th July 2009, 13:57

What is "right and wrong" and what is "acceptable in society" is constantly changing.

A wart appearing on a woman's nose was just grounds for throwing her in the lake to see if she was a witch... if she sank and died she was not a witch, if she floated and lived she was.. and was promptly killed.

Then of course there is the issue of "who has the responsibility of deciding right/wrong and what is acceptable".

There are some very nasty bits of work out there living among us - but that is only so because of my own perception of other people. Less 'honest' people (read criminals) think of each other as 'normal' and 'good people' - where as you for example would be happy to buy popcorn and a coke and watch them in the colosseum until their last twitch as ended...

Perspective is a bitch.