PDA

View Full Version : Rattling muffler

MrMelon
20th October 2003, 18:16
The little pipe inside one of my mufflers is rattling around really badly. (the one that sticks out the back of it)

Is it possible to get these repacked, or the inside part welded to the outside part again?

I gave pit stop a call and they said they didn't do that sort of thing, and I'd prefer not to have to buy a new one :D

cheers

130wide
20th October 2003, 18:47
Take the muffler off and take it to a bike shop or a muffler shop who is independant, one or another should do the job for you.

What?
20th October 2003, 19:59
Cycleworks and Neptune are both in Wellington. Either of these should be able to do a repair for you.

Coldkiwi
21st October 2003, 14:04
yup. Custom Chambers in East Tamaki may also be able to do something for you. I investigated some new muffler pricing from them earlier this year and they were quite cheap so I guess their refurbishments would also be reasonable.

What?
21st October 2003, 17:45
Yep, Custom Chambers are alright. Unfortunately, they are not in Wellington, and (apparently) Mr Melon is...:o

I had some one-off mufflers made by them (him) bloody years ago. Good job, good materials and very good price.

Coldkiwi
21st October 2003, 20:55
ahh. well observed! sorry then Signor Melon!

MrMelon
22nd October 2003, 06:46
It's all good.

I've got it booked into cycleworks for next week some time to get my rattly muffler fixed, and the gasket replaced on my other wobbly pipe :D

MrMelon
4th November 2003, 15:25
Cycleworks fixed this all up for me, as well as fixing up a compressed gasket on my other exhaust for $90.. so i'd recommend them :D