PDA

View Full Version : Go buy a lotto ticket NOW

FROSTY
29th July 2009, 21:06
Last night out in yeol van I was cruising down the nor western motorway heading west. All is good with the world 100km/h traffic A few cars in front was a guy on a fairly big old jap bike.
I kinda lost sight of him for a bit as you do in traffic. But then suddenly I see a biker body launch up and sideways towards the middle of the road.
This was followed by the screech of brakes from all the following cars as we all tried desperately to miss the spinning bike and sliding/tumbling body. Believe it or not NOONE hit him or his bike.
He was up pretty quick with minor injuries.
It woulda been rude not to stop n help a fellow biker so I did my best to haul his beast to the side of the road-NO CHANCE front brake siezed up solid.-Turns out the last owner had filled the resevoir to the brim -he'd only just bought the bike.
If I was that guy I'd be buying a lotto ticket for sure cos I dunno how he diddnt wipe out on the cheescutter or end up munched by a car.

PirateJafa
29th July 2009, 21:08
Frosty, your life is just one never-ending adventure is it? :niceone:

p.dath
29th July 2009, 21:13
I'm starting to wonder if your a trouble magnet Frosty. :)

FROSTY
29th July 2009, 21:26
I might just be. Nahh I just do a fair few miles at unusual hours.

PCTC
29th July 2009, 21:37
I have yet to have my first mishap on my bike w I hope when it happens
someone like Frosty is around

YellowDog
29th July 2009, 21:40
I have yet to have my first mishap on my bike w I hope when it happens
someone like Frosty is around
Don't worry. He's omnipresent.

Squiggles
29th July 2009, 21:43
You and FatMax should get together

gijoe1313
29th July 2009, 22:07
:eek5: :gob: Crikey! That sounds like one bad scenario all round, good on ya for stopping and giving a hand (but then, being Frosty, you do it anyway!)

I was talking to Mike at Drury tyres on Monday (getting new front) and this particular issue came up ... when I read your post I was thinking "Jebus ..."

FROSTY
31st July 2009, 08:25
NOTHING to do with me except I was there at the time but by gosh I for the life of me don't get why the diddn't get munched by at least one car.
I didn't wish it on him but sometimes you just know this is gonna be really ugly. Can't remember the last time I was so happy to be proven wrong.
Phone call yesterday evening from him. Small bone in wrist fractured,minor concussion and bruised ribs was the total outcome.
Bike has a really munched right muffler a busted headlight and a bent headlight bracket. -Crikey modern bikes get more damage falling off the sidestand :Oops: