PDA

View Full Version : What a wonderful day

Danae
30th July 2009, 15:13
:rolleyes:

I think this needs a thread of it's own...also the SMC needs moar threads.

Well it started off fantastic with my Compsci 111 lab. Tutors who can't speak english properly trying to teach me how to open up files and use Mozilla Firefox. Having to deal with Vista on Mac computers so early in the day made my brain hurt. Then the real fun began...

I was parked in by a scooter. I parked in that little triangle and instead of them parking next to my bike they park behind it. :angry2:

Luckily the car in front left as soon as I came out to leave. I left the scooter rider a friendly note anyway.

Oh and a pedestrian nearly walked into me. I was still mad at that scooter so I gave him a bit of a fright (this is turning right into Grafton(?) road). I saw he was about to cross Princes St and I had my indicator on and everything. I gave him just enough room to step back in fright at my wee little FXR. I think the angry eyebrows helped.

Van nearly ran into me at the Greenlane roundabout. I was going round, looking around the corner so I didn't see him. He was going from the motorway turning right. Instead of giving way to me he went anyway, and naturally tried to cut across the three lanes. Unfortunately for me I was in the middle of those three lanes. He's not indicating btw, just moves right into the side of me. I slow down and as he thunders off I give him the finger and continue on to buy dinner. Ahhh, calming shopping.

I then fill up and pootle off to find a new tag. Coming back, cue random torrential downpour. Sigh. Got lost coming back from the tag. Sigh.

Get home, go to stick the photo from my phone onto the computer and see it's not only turned off, but soaking wet.

Oh brilliant.

It turned on fine but the 3 and 6 buttons don't work. Incidentally there is a 3 in my pin code.

Well, it's only 3pm, I wonder what else I can look forward to today?

ffirman
30th July 2009, 15:28
The worst day... "So Far".. :cool:

Well I'm just hoping that by the time I throw in the towel and head home, that the rain has decided to go somewhere else...

F.

motorbyclist
30th July 2009, 15:32
Had a job interview at rakon today - went pretty well :)

Danae
30th July 2009, 15:33
Had a job interview at rakon today - went pretty well :)

Yeah I meant to ask about that but I got distracted! Awesome awesome!!

PirateJafa
30th July 2009, 15:51
It'd be a better day with a bloody tag! ;)

Danae
30th July 2009, 15:55
Which I went and got, but it was on my phone ]:

Squiggles
30th July 2009, 16:03
i'd be opening the phone up and drying it quick smart...

Danae
30th July 2009, 16:08
i'd be opening the phone up and drying it quick smart...

memory card, sim and battery out. Using my old phone I thought was dead atm

The Pastor
30th July 2009, 16:09
today is a brilliant day!

Danae
30th July 2009, 16:12
today is a brilliant day!

yeah wtf where'd the sun come from???

The Pastor
30th July 2009, 16:13
yeah wtf where'd the sun come from???
God evidently.

Ragingrob
30th July 2009, 16:23
Shad's = Beer = Now = Awesome day

Danae
30th July 2009, 16:24
God evidently.

Nono, Flying Spaghetti Monster

@Rob: Sounds good but I have no money I can spend ]:

bomma
30th July 2009, 18:26
@Rob: Sounds good but I have no money I can spend ]:

i thought you were a student?? :blink:

Phurrball
30th July 2009, 18:46
Days like that happen.

Use it as a counterpoint to make teh good days, where everything goes right, seem all the better.

Danae
30th July 2009, 19:54
i thought you were a student?? :blink:

I fail to see your argument here

gijoe1313
30th July 2009, 20:21
What a wonderful day ... now watch someone come along and stuff it up!

I can has cheezburgas now? Oh noes, where is my buckets? It has rains!

Sorry to hear about your kafka moments, but spare a thought ... you could have ended up eating melted cheese from a used slovakian yak-herder's sandal while having a sagebrush thrashed across your buttocks with a small dwarf tickling your bellybutton with an anchovie .. only to end up being attacked by a frozen ebolitic koala hidden in a tree!

Phurrball
30th July 2009, 22:41
(snip snap snop) only to end up being attacked by a frozen ebolitic koala hidden in a tree!

Surely an ebolitic koala would be febrile rather than frozen? A frozen state of being would not be conducive to a rapid attacking motility?

Just sayin...

I'd be bloody afraid of the situation either way...

gijoe1313
30th July 2009, 22:49
Surely an ebolitic koala would be febrile rather than frozen? A frozen state of being would not be conducive to a rapid attacking motility?

Just sayin...

I'd be bloody afraid of the situation either way...

Well obviously you missed the delivery system of how it would attack ... a midget elephant with rabies and elephantisis of the trunk melded to an absconding leprous sloth that has been riddled with HIV from an enfeebled squirrel with a parasitic twin. This results in a deadly expansion of the trunk resulting in a fragmentary effect from the frozen ebolitic koala. One must remember to roll, duck and cover from such a deadly attack, in extremis, one can produce a pikachu umbrella and flap towards the expanding shroud of shards and gotta catch 'em all!

Phurrball
30th July 2009, 23:36
Well obviously you missed the delivery system of how it would attack ... a midget elephant with rabies and elephantisis of the trunk melded to an absconding leprous sloth that has been riddled with HIV from an enfeebled squirrel with a parasitic twin. This results in a deadly expansion of the trunk resulting in a fragmentary effect from the frozen ebolitic koala. One must remember to roll, duck and cover from such a deadly attack, in extremis, one can produce a pikachu umbrella and flap towards the expanding shroud of shards and gotta catch 'em all!

K. That's a winner fershure...Mechanistically, it just makes sense

NCEA science:

For 10 marks explain which biohazardous threat ought to be contained first?

And point out why the TLA is not perfectly apt...

bomma
31st July 2009, 10:25
I fail to see your argument here

everyone knows that students are broke because the spend all their money on booze....so when you say you have no money for booze i am perplexed......:eek5:

Danae
31st July 2009, 10:41
everyone knows that students are broke because the spend all their money on booze....so when you say you have no money for booze i am perplexed......:eek5:

:lol: Yeah I did, now it's all gone :laugh:

metalhead
1st August 2009, 21:37
you think thats a bad day? thats a walk in the park, a bad day is when you are 6 hours south of auckland and get hit by a van, have your bike rooted and get a lift into hospital via an ambulance and then have to sit in a van unable to sleep because your foot wont stop throbbing. THAT is a bad day lol

gijoe1313
1st August 2009, 23:11
you think thats a bad day? thats a walk in the park, a bad day is when you are 6 hours south of auckland and get hit by a van, have your bike rooted and get a lift into hospital via an ambulance and then have to sit in a van unable to sleep because your foot wont stop throbbing. THAT is a bad day lol

Luxury! I do recall a thread posted by a KBer who did the postie challenge around Aussie ... ended up separating his shoulder and wandered around the outback with amnesia for three days! :gob: Now THAT is a bad day :pinch: ( .. or in this case ... three days ... :thud: )

I guess its all relative innit ... someone else is wishing they were having the woes someone else is since its "easier" :pinch: