PDA

View Full Version : Trademe listing, possibly stolen r1?

skidMark
31st July 2009, 00:24
This looked all up a bit suspicious, underpriced to all the rest.... one photo looking like its been sitting a while, and a new trader... anybody had an r1 like this get nicked? may be fully legit but figured best to check

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-233166047.htm

YellowDog
31st July 2009, 06:20
Ask for the VIN and find out.

I don't think it is stolen.

The seller just has no idea as to how to sell a bike.

CookMySock
31st July 2009, 07:38
What one-owner bike would be kept in that condition? It looks like its got rust and birdshit all over it.

Something wrong there.

Steve

skidMark
31st July 2009, 07:41
What one-owner bike would be kept in that condition? It looks like its got rust and birdshit all over it.

Something wrong there.

Steve

my thoughts exactly... full service history though...apparently...

boostin
31st July 2009, 08:05
So you think number of owners directly relates to the condition of a bike? Come on.

CookMySock
31st July 2009, 11:18
So you think number of owners directly relates to the condition of a bike? Come on.What I mean is, if someone buys a brand new R1, they aint gunna treat it like that unless they have no feelings for anything. :crazy:

Steve

boomer
31st July 2009, 11:20
What I mean is, if someone buys a brand new R1, they aint gunna treat it like that unless they have no feelings for anything. :crazy:

Steve

I got feelings and i'd treat you worst than that

kiwifruit
31st July 2009, 11:21
What I mean is, if someone buys a brand new R1, they aint gunna treat it like that unless they have no feelings for anything. :crazy:

Steve

Its just a bike and just a jappa at that. Perhaps he has just used it... not everyone loves their machine.

Bend-it
31st July 2009, 11:21
that's not birdshit ya noob... it's reflection of the trees and sky above it!

CookMySock
31st July 2009, 11:24
that's not birdshit ya noob... it's reflection of the trees and sky above it!lol. Uh, it looks like its in a shed to me. Do R1's reflect the sky and trees through tin roofs? I didn't think they were that cool. :whistle:

Steve

Crazy Steve
31st July 2009, 11:25
This looked all up a bit suspicious, underpriced to all the rest.... one photo looking like its been sitting a while, and a new trader... anybody had an r1 like this get nicked? may be fully legit but figured best to check

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-233166047.htm

Thats the price it needs to be to sell Mark...

I got $8500 for my Busa and it had done 22kms....And was a 2004..

Nothing fckin selling on trade me at there inflated prices ! ! !

Crazy Steve...

R6_kid
31st July 2009, 11:32

Crazy Steve...

+1... there are a lot of people expecting too much for their bikes. The second a Japanese bike leaves the shop its lost $2k of the value it had on the shop floor. Add 20,000-30,000km and you've nearly halved its value.

DMNTD
31st July 2009, 11:35

You'd be surprised. Have seen $30K + Ducati's looking far worse than that from "neglect".
Some people are in a position that a bike is simply a toy and nothing more.
Hell I'm a broken arse and mine end up looking far worse :pinch:

Crazy Steve
31st July 2009, 11:35

Or heres an Idea Mark...

Maybe he only paid $10k for it 6mths ago....And is happy to call a loss of $1600...As hes raped the tyres/chain etc and they all need replacing..

And hes earning more than Marty per week......So his time is worth way more than yours.....

Crazy Steve.

rebel
31st July 2009, 11:36

Crazy Steve...

Yep, I'm in the market for an R1 (though in no hurry) and there is absolutely no movement in the market. Doesn't help when dreamers are asking 8/9/10 grand for a 9-10 year old R1. This one seems to be realistically priced in todays market. It gives that K3 gixxer thou on TM for $8500 a run for its money for reasonably prices 1000s I reckon. I've seen that gixxer in person, bloody nice bike too.

sidecar bob
31st July 2009, 12:10
You'd be surprised. Have seen $30K + Ducati's looking far worse than that from "neglect".
Some people are in a position that a bike is simply a toy and nothing more.
Hell I'm a broken arse and mine end up looking far worse :pinch:

Yeah, but yours usually look quite mint the day before they look worse.:bleh:

marty
31st July 2009, 12:19
It looks legit. I have the rego and carjam report. Are maybe going to look at it this weekend, but I'm picking it will need a couple of grand spent on it. Tyres/chain/lube/service is a grand at least

And skiddy - you're a fucking muppet. did you even text the sellers cell # asking anything? obviously not.

Babelfish
31st July 2009, 12:27

What, like a truck "neglecting" to look??? :Oops:

Indiana_Jones
31st July 2009, 12:43
Sif, $8400.

He's dreaming

-Indy

Winston001
31st July 2009, 13:16
What, like a truck "neglecting" to look??? :Oops:

Ooooo cutting :D

DMNTD
31st July 2009, 13:25
Ooooo cutting :D

Nah...more smashing :wacko:

skidMark
31st July 2009, 14:14
Or heres an Idea Mark...

Maybe he only paid $10k for it 6mths ago....And is happy to call a loss of $1600...As hes raped the tyres/chain etc and they all need replacing..

Crazy Steve.

It's a one owner bike....

skidMark
31st July 2009, 14:16
It looks legit. I have the rego and carjam report. Are maybe going to look at it this weekend, but I'm picking it will need a couple of grand spent on it. Tyres/chain/lube/service is a grand at least

And skiddy - you're a fucking muppet. did you even text the sellers cell # asking anything? obviously not.

Why would i when i'm not interested in buying it...

You lot really are beyond belief sometimes, i said it looked a bit suss... new trader etc etc... very vague and only one photo...

thought best to check it wasn't a nicked bike... and i get ripped into instead...

choice. :angry2:

kiwifruit
31st July 2009, 14:24
You lot really are beyond belief sometimes, i said it looked a bit suss... new trader etc etc... very vague and only one photo...

thought best to check it wasn't a nicked bike... and i get ripped into instead...

On behalf of all kiwibikers, Mark, I'm sorry.

:grouphug:

Max Preload
31st July 2009, 14:26
At the risk of repeating myself...

TradeMe (and the world) is full of unrealistic motherfuckers. Motherfuckers that think their bikes age like wine.

Yep, I'm in the market for an R1 (though in no hurry) and there is absolutely no movement in the market. Doesn't help when dreamers are asking 8/9/10 grand for a 9-10 year old R1.

Indeed - there's fuck all actually selling on TardMe. A bike I was keen on about 4 months ago has just been relisted at $2k more than what it didn't sell for last time around. I would have pretty much paid the asking if he'd just sent me some decent pics like I asked for before I committed to an entire day to go and view it, but no, that was too much trouble! So now the fucking clown is having another crack! Got to laugh...

marty
31st July 2009, 14:32
Why would i when i'm not interested in buying it...

without any backgrounding or justification, you started a thread titled 'possibly stolen r1'.

if it was me trying to sell it, i'd be hunting you down.

as it is the owner of it has seen this thread, and he's not happy with you at all.

Reckless
31st July 2009, 14:41
be hunting you down.
as it is the owner of it has seen this thread, and he's not happy with you at all.

LOL!!! Does anyone know skids address so we can forward it to the owner!!!:crazy: (I'm NOT serious about this by the way)

Then we can wait for the "I got a smack in the head.:bash: Its not fair" thread!

Oh shit Kiwibiker is just gold some weeks!!!! Very entertaining!! LOL!!!!:rockon:

FJRider
31st July 2009, 14:49

If anybody is interested, they can check service history, and see who serviced it and ask questions ...

An R1 with recent or custom pain job would be more sus ... anybody missing one would already be checking ALL R1's listed for sale ... anywhere...

Babelfish
31st July 2009, 15:45

Like a slob who advertises a bike in that condition is going to get off the couch long enough to expend that much energy...come on man! :Pokey:

RC1
31st July 2009, 15:55
cool another look at me im a fuckwit thread :whistle:

Naki Rat
31st July 2009, 16:16

Indeed - there's fuck all actually selling on TardMe. A bike I was keen on about 4 months ago has just been relisted at $2k more than what it didn't sell for last time around. I would have pretty much paid the asking if he'd just sent me some decent pics like I asked for before I committed to an entire day to go and view it, but no, that was too much trouble! So now the fucking clown is having another crack! Got to laugh...

Too right about the lack of sales. A search of 'expired listings' shows that little red 'sold' flags are pretty much non-existant for most items. There's a recession on ya' know :whistle:

Crazy Steve
31st July 2009, 16:45

There are new forces driving the economy and it impacts on every one of us.

Used to be when you bought something you agreed a price based on what the item was worth.

Now vendors are charging what they think they can get for it and this is an important paradigm shift that we've not clicked to as customers.

It makes things negotiable.

Crazy Steve.

Big Dan
31st July 2009, 16:46
On behalf of all kiwibikers, Mark, I'm sorry.

:grouphug:

KB i'm not in this group hug cause i'm not sorry :rockon:

Slicksta
31st July 2009, 17:26
Well in all fairness to skidmark the owner did get alot of advertising through this thread.

FJRider
31st July 2009, 18:13
Well in all fairness to skidmark the owner did get alot of advertising through this thread.

But has it sold ????

jetboy
31st July 2009, 18:25
interesting thread!

skidMark
31st July 2009, 22:56
without any backgrounding or justification, you started a thread titled 'possibly stolen r1'.

if it was me trying to sell it, i'd be hunting you down.

Well to me it looked questionable was just a question i didn't say omg its stolen this guys a con...

it looked suspicious to me...

wbks
31st July 2009, 23:09
Well to me it looked questionable was just a question i didn't say omg its stolen this guys a con...

it looked suspicious to me...No harm in raising your concern, nazi boy!
Does look kind of sketchy. Just ask for the VIN I guess?