PDA

View Full Version : Ciao For Now

Slim
1st April 2005, 13:35
It's my last day of "work" today, which basically means that I've come to work to surf the net & buy some beers for the boys. :drinknsin

I shifted in with The Man before I went on holiday, stayed 3 nights & then left. We've had an awesome month drinking too much, eating too much & clocking up 7,500kms to boot. I put Ste on the plane last night to return to his normality, and this weekend I return to the Bay of Plenty to live permanently & find out what my new normality is going to be like. Scary stuff! :blink:

The plan is to get a computer for home, but I'm not sure how long that might take to get around to. There IS the matter of a RED Daytona 650 to sort out too. The Man has arranged an after hours test ride for me and I'm hoping to see the bank manager today during "work" hours. :banana:

So it's Ciao for now. There is internet access at the new job, but I'm not sure how busy I'll be during the next couple of weeks. Hope you guys enjoy your season of riding.

Ps: The bank manager just called and seems happy about loaning me more money to buy a new bike, now that I'm completely debt free, despite the 50% paycut I'm taking. Paperwork has been signed. :2thumbsup

Holy Roller
1st April 2005, 13:40
Congrat on getting the loan that can be the hardest part sometimes. Hope that the bike is what you hope it to be and catch you on the road sometime :2thumbsup

NC
1st April 2005, 13:42
By slim :)
Have fun:)

Joni
1st April 2005, 13:45
Bye Bye....
Take care. :spudwave:

crashe
1st April 2005, 13:46
Have fun riding your new bike.

See you when you do manage to come back onto KB again..
Hopefully you wont be away too long.

inlinefour
1st April 2005, 13:59
It's my last day of "work" today, which basically means that I've come to work to surf the net & buy some beers for the boys. :drinknsin

I shifted in with The Man before I went on holiday, stayed 3 nights & then left. We've had an awesome month drinking too much, eating too much & clocking up 7,500kms to boot. I put Ste on the plane last night to return to his normality, and this weekend I return to the Bay of Plenty to live permanently & find out what my new normality is going to be like. Scary stuff! :blink:

The plan is to get a computer for home, but I'm not sure how long that might take to get around to. There IS the matter of a RED Daytona 650 to sort out too. The Man has arranged an after hours test ride for me and I'm hoping to see the bank manager today during "work" hours. :banana:

So it's Ciao for now. There is internet access at the new job, but I'm not sure how busy I'll be during the next couple of weeks. Hope you guys enjoy your season of riding.

Ps: The bank manager just called and seems happy about loaning me more money to buy a new bike, now that I'm completely debt free, despite the 50% paycut I'm taking. Paperwork has been signed. :2thumbsup

As you don't need the CBR I'm happy for a swapee :msn-wink:

Ms Piggy
1st April 2005, 14:03
Well done Slim - it sounds like you've made some excellent choices :niceone:
Enjoy your new life & new bike! :ride:

Wolf
1st April 2005, 14:28
All the best, look forward to hearing from you again when you have the time and opportunity. :ride: on!

Rainbow Wizard
1st April 2005, 18:45
So if you're trustworthy and capable I might let you use it a bit. I'm in Tauranga.

MD
1st April 2005, 22:31
Well done on the Triumph and good to see another impulse buyer placing fun first, repayments second. Let us all know how good the Daytona is when you've racked up some miles - they don't do kilometres.

Slim
7th April 2005, 11:07
Day Four at my new job & I'm skiving off already to surf the net!!! :gob:

Come & see me upstairs in the accessories department at Moto GB in Hewletts Road, The Mount. ;)

I was just talking to Laurie at Bay Ride - he's got a demo Daytona which they just have to put a few km's on & then I can take it for a blast next week. :D He asked me if I was a "serious buyer" and I told him I've already arranged the loan. :Punk:

So the CBR's definitely for sale for $7000 ono.

vifferman
7th April 2005, 11:10
Kewlness. :niceone:

Hope your new job / home goes well, Slimmie. :spudwave:

James Deuce
7th April 2005, 11:11

Come & see me upstairs in the accessories department at Moto GB in Hewletts Road, The Mount. ;)

I was just talking to Laurie at Bay Ride - he's got a demo Daytona which they just have to put a few km's on & then I can take it for a blast next week. :D He asked me if I was a "serious buyer" and I told him I've already arranged the loan. :Punk:

Excellent news!

I may have "run in" kms to do, so I could be popping up to see my Grandfather in Tauranga for a weekend in the next couple of weeks.

magnum
7th April 2005, 12:47
congrats on the new job/home.bop is an awesome place to live,good on ya,some cool roads to,opotiki to tekaha springs to mind :niceone:

sels1
7th April 2005, 13:21

Sheesh, was there a few days ago. Will have to wait to the next time. Conrats on new job etc

Lou Girardin
7th April 2005, 15:41

Say Hi to Louise for me.