PDA

View Full Version : $50 bribe to join Rabobank!

MarkH
3rd August 2009, 23:57
If you want to open a Raboplus account then you can accept a $50 bribe to do so. I thought it seemed a bit unlikely when I was told about it, but I have opened an account and there is $50 in there that I got for free. As far as I can tell I am free to transfer it out and spend it if I want to. There was a bit of pissing about filling out forms and posting them in (freepost) and then waiting for over a week before I had everything I needed to access the account. But they do seem pretty good - no fees and a good interest rate. Raboplus accounts are not intended to be used like normal bank accounts, you link it to your 'day to day' bank account and transfer your spare money to Raboplus, if you need it then you transfer it back.

Anyway, if anyone does want to be bribed $50 to join up then click on this:
http://communications.raboplus.co.nz/optiext/optiextension.dll?ID=w6xbov6+12wEW6x1Swwww5
Play the game, retry as much as you like until you get the full $50 then use the code they give you when you open the account. The key is to pull the money out slowly so you don't wake the banker.

EJK
4th August 2009, 00:32
What if it's a hoax?

Owl
4th August 2009, 07:10
I guess I missed the boat, as I opened an account with them a couple of years ago.

I got fed up with Westpac transferring money between my accounts at their discretion.:angry2:

MarkH
4th August 2009, 12:36
What if it's a hoax?

Well, they are a highly rated investment bank - it seems unlikely that they would be involved in hoaxes. I could try transferring out the $50 to my Westpac account and then withdrawing it and once I can hold the cash in my hand then I will be sure it's real. I can't be bothered doing that though.

It all seems to be a legit bona fide bribe to get new customers to me. I am guessing that most people stick to the bank they are with, even if there might be better ones out there. By Rabobank promoting themselves as your 'other' bank they would have gained customers but there would still be plenty of others that still can't be bothered setting up an account with a different bank. If a $50 bribe gets them a new customer who then transfers their savings to them to earn more interest then they would get good value from that fifty bucks.

My flatmate is with ASB and has a savings account that is internet access only, he moves money between that and his normal account. I suggested that he could earn almost half a percent more if he opened a Raboplus account - he said "meh, not really worth it". I can see the merit it offering someone fifty bucks if they will take the trouble to open the account.

MarkH
4th August 2009, 12:38
I guess I missed the boat, as I opened an account with them a couple of years ago.

I got fed up with Westpac transferring money between my accounts at their discretion.:angry2:

I don't use my Westpac account for much - they are pretty bloody horrible TBH.

My main bank account is with TSB - they are pretty good.

slofox
4th August 2009, 14:44
you link it to your 'day to day' bank account and transfer your spare money to Raboplus, if you need it then you transfer it back.

Ahhhhhahahahahaaaaaaaa!

ready4whatever
4th August 2009, 14:52
im with ASB and find them useless. sneaking charges in when they can

Hitcher
4th August 2009, 15:45
wake the banker.

Is that a spoonerism?

MarkH
4th August 2009, 16:06
Ahhhhhahahahahaaaaaaaa!

I know what you mean, but when I win lotto I will have spare money!

MarkH
4th August 2009, 16:06
Is that a spoonerism?

Nah, no baking.

ukbandit
4th August 2009, 16:27
Ahhhhhahahahahaaaaaaaa!

i agree with slofox AHHHHHHHHhHhHhaahhahahahahahahhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

spare money aahhhHHHHHHHHhaaaaaaaaaaa laugh i nearly went to ethiopia, second class of course......:clap::clap:
bling if you know what show that phrase is out of 1st only gets it.

slofox
4th August 2009, 16:29

spare money aahhhHHHHHHHHhaaaaaaaaaaa laugh i nearly went to ethiopia, second class of course......:clap::clap:

If you wanna go to Ethiopa, just cruise past in a ship - you'll get there free...(if they don't shoot ya...)

steve_t
4th August 2009, 16:31
Is that a spoonerism?

Haha... like Vicki Sturgeon?
I wish I had some money to put into a savings account!

Debt eyeballs
Debt
Debt
Debt

vindy500
4th August 2009, 16:32
rabo gave me a hundred bucks for opening an account a couple of years back.

kiwifruit
4th August 2009, 16:56

Owl
4th August 2009, 17:42

Reggie Balowski (Alexei Sayle) from "The Young Ones"!

MarkH
4th August 2009, 18:14
rabo gave me a hundred bucks for opening an account a couple of years back.

I heard that they do this sort of thing quite often - obviously we only get the fifty bucks now cause there is a recession on.

All I need now is a weekend/evening job, then to clear the credit card, then to buy a nice bike for weekend riding, then to save some money - and viola, I'll have spare money to tuck aside!

MarkH
5th August 2009, 09:03

Hey, you're welcome dude! It's good to help fellow bikers score some free dosh.

Marmoot
5th August 2009, 09:51
What if it's a hoax?

It's not. I can testify for it.

Plus their interest rates are always among the top.
Not to mention no account fees. Yep, that is $0.

alanzs
5th August 2009, 16:28
Raboplus is a great online bank. Been with them for a couple years. Safe, secure and usually the best rates around. They are also highly rated by S&P and are covered by the NZ government's deposit guarantee.

kiwifruit
20th August 2009, 12:27
Bump.

I've got my $50! Choice :Punk:

phoenixgtr
20th August 2009, 12:32
Damn, I'm already with them, but I can attest to how good they are. I have my savings accounts tucked away with them, which is great, cause I tend to forget about that money and just spend what I've got at BNZ. Works well!!

sil3nt
20th August 2009, 18:09
I left it too late. Couldn't print the forms as the printer had no ink and if they had sent them too me i couldn't have sent them back in time. Been meaning to join them for years :pinch:

MarkH
20th August 2009, 18:45
I left it too late.

Apparently they do these sort of promotions pretty much every year. You could join without the bribe, or you could wait till next year.

Marmoot
20th August 2009, 19:08
And their deposit rates (http://www.comparequotes.co.nz/term-deposits/result)are not too bad either

Funny bank who only gives money and not take any (no account fee, no mortgage interests)

kiwifruit
11th September 2009, 15:03
They are running another promotion. My friend just got $100, free.

http://communications.raboplus.co.nz/optiext/optiextension.dll?ID=PfO_XPIP0ajPPPK&WT.mc_id=NZ01606

onearmedbandit
11th September 2009, 16:48
My girl got $100 for opening an account with them.