PDA

View Full Version : Hi from across the ditch! (Anakist)

Anakist
4th August 2009, 10:55
Hi one and all.

I am James from Rockhampton in Queensland. Way up north on the Tropic of Capricorn about halfway between Brisbane and Townsville.

Just spent two weeks over there and I have decided I am moving there in the next 12 - 18 months. We flew into Auckland, drove through Waitomo, Rotorua, and Napier to Wellington, then across to Picton, and drove through Kaikoura and Methven onto Christchurch. In the 13 days I was there, I saw LESS potholes than I see on my 6min commute to work each day! And the roads were gorgeous!

Saw a bunch of people Riding from Akaroa into Christchurch on sexy Ducatis and an MV Agusta F4 Tamburini full of carbon and with no fairings and they were happy to chat with me and let me take millions of pictures, so if they are on here I would be happy to email them off. Just strengthened my desire to bring my self and the bike over.

I currently ride a 2008 Buell 1125r. Sweet sweet bike. It is scary how fast it goes and it is only a 150hp twin! Upgraded from a Suzuki GS500e, but have kept it as Qld has recently changed to the LAMS (learner approved motorbike scheme) and it is legal for me Fiancee to ride it on her restricted licence. She currently has a 250 virago which she loves.

I hope to see you all soon!!!

James

crazyhorse
4th August 2009, 10:58
You'll love our roads for sure. Happy moving over :niceone:

jim.cox
4th August 2009, 11:14
You'll love our roads for sure. Happy moving over :niceone:

You'll love our roads for sure

But what about our salaries?

and housing costs?

and opportunities?