PDA

View Full Version : Greedy gits

ukbandit
4th August 2009, 16:43
well the goverment is stopping funding to a special needs school cos thier skint! these kids have got it hard enough now and most of them for the rest of thier lives. i think the mp's who scrounge all the money they can from us are utter low life's. who bestowed these priverliges on them? probably mp's before them. maybe if they used the bus, train, or flew in the cheap seats and paid for thier own family holiday and morgages and stop claiming for SOD knows what else at our exspense then there would be enough for these kids to get the help they need. total arse ole's. i have never voted because every goverment i have ever seen has always been the same. them first the rest last.. thats my winge over with. ba%^$tds!!!!!!!

slofox
4th August 2009, 16:49
Yep. I have to agree. It's funny how united the "gummint" and the "opposition" are when it comes to perks innit?
Housing allowances to live in your own house? Fukkin bullshit!!!

Laava
4th August 2009, 17:16
I will vote for you guys, honest! The Statler and Warldorf party!:bleh:

=cJ=
4th August 2009, 19:17
Go work and 80 hour week and see how you cope.

Then couple it with the fact that you've put your hand up to be one of the least respected members of society because you believe you can make things better.

I think I'm pretty OK with a few perks here and there.

Dave Lobster
4th August 2009, 21:08
Didn't I see somewhere that the MPs cost us $7.5million per year, but the benefit system costs us $11million per day.

Wouldn't some of the 'benefits' be a better target for people's vitriol?

Fatt Max
4th August 2009, 21:09

Then couple it with the fact that you've put your hand up to be one of the least respected members of society because you believe you can make things better.

I think I'm pretty OK with a few perks here and there.

I really hope that's a wind up bro....

peasea
4th August 2009, 21:12
well the goverment is stopping funding to a special needs school cos thier skint! these kids have got it hard enough now and most of them for the rest of thier lives. i think the mp's who scrounge all the money they can from us are utter low life's. who bestowed these priverliges on them? probably mp's before them. maybe if they used the bus, train, or flew in the cheap seats and paid for thier own family holiday and morgages and stop claiming for SOD knows what else at our exspense then there would be enough for these kids to get the help they need. total arse ole's. i have never voted because every goverment i have ever seen has always been the same. them first the rest last.. thats my winge over with. ba%^$tds!!!!!!!

We missed our chance to repeat Bastille Day, July 14th I think.

Still, there's always next year. Swish, thud....:clap:

idb
4th August 2009, 21:18
So no-one here gets their accommodation paid for if they work away from home?

Grahameeboy
4th August 2009, 21:24
It will not be that simple...special need schools get funding based on students and needs..less students..less funding..creates a problem for a school as they have to contribute to and only get so many teacher aid hours.

Nats school were given $211,000 to modify the school, plus more hours that she was entitled to so it's not all that bad...

scracha
4th August 2009, 21:26
In the "real world" there's quite a few people working these sorts of hours and not getting all the perks.

I don't believe for a second MP's do 80 hours a week.

JimO
4th August 2009, 21:46
In the "real world" there's quite a few people working these sorts of hours and not getting all the perks.

you need to count up all those bellamys hours

Milts
4th August 2009, 22:19
Tom Scott says it so well:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/cartoons/1251886/Tom-Scott
(today's cartoon, July 4)

Although I think those who disbelieve the claim that MPs work an 80 hour week would be surprised at how much they DO work... those who represent an electorate spend a lot of time campeigning, shaking hands etc, and when parliament is in session they sit until 10 pm. Not to mention party meetings, cabinet meetings, briefing meetings for ministers, select committee responsibilities, time spent drafting and reading bills... etc etc ad infinitum.

peasea
5th August 2009, 06:27

As much as it pains me to tell you this; some do. I know the PA of a fairly prominent MP who enlightened me as to how many hours some of them do work and let's not forget that some of them are also company directors (or whatever) and spend many hours working at that too. I don't doubt the hours that they do but I know truckers who would do almost as many (limited only by the law and sheer exhuastion) who earn sfa compared to an MP, and they have to pay their own mortgage and drive themselves home.

James Deuce
5th August 2009, 07:44
There's no point highlighting the plight of special needs kids on KB. Most KBers think they should have been terminated in utero or immediately after birth if they weren't detected in utero.

Graham: You're talking from an historic viewpoint. We're getting invoiced by the Kindy and WEIT at $150/term each, and the local school have already told us that we will be expected to pay $250/week for the ESW we will require, should we plan on attending that school. The grants that pay for fencing and private changing areas have been suspended.

National repeatedly telegraphed their intention to remove all special needs kids from schools well before the election campaign. There are no local schools that will take special needs kids on and there are no plans to open regional special schools with the attendant short buses required.

However, we are legally bound to prove that kids are attending school from the age of 6, so the only option open to us is home schooling or prosecution. This does mean that one of us won't be able to work for the next 15 years.

Not that any of the arseholes on KB who think it's funny to use depictions of special needs to kids to make a humorous point will give a crap. Nor do I would suspect 99% of KB posters give a crap when pressed either.

BMWST?
5th August 2009, 08:05
Why should a family be penalised for the fact that you need to work in another town for many many hours per week.I dont think the idea is wrong.There have been queries on this site about people working away from home and the consensus seems to be that you should,at a minimum never be out of pocket.However there has to be vigilance that the system is not manipulated to make a gain....doing so surely reeks of tax avoidance type activities.But who is to blame.The people doing it or the people administering it.WHO does administer it?
Maintaining a home out of town purely for the appearance that one is living AWAY from home seems to reek of the above.I dont think there is anything wrong with upgrading to a bigger place so the family can live here.However if the taxpayer effectively BUYS the place surely there should be a pro rata profit share when the pllace is sold.

jim.cox
5th August 2009, 08:39
Can anyone explain why MP's accomodation allowance should be higher than that of any other public beneficiary?

Greedy pigs wallowing at the trough of the public purse - thats what they are...

ukbandit
5th August 2009, 08:51
There's no point highlighting the plight of special needs kids on KB. Most KBers think they should have been terminated in utero or immediately after birth if they weren't detected in utero.

Graham: You're talking from an historic viewpoint. We're getting invoiced by the Kindy and WEIT at $150/term each, and the local school have already told us that we will be expected to pay $250/week for the ESW we will require, should we plan on attending that school. The grants that pay for fencing and private changing areas have been suspended.

National repeatedly telegraphed their intention to remove all special needs kids from schools well before the election campaign. There are no local schools that will take special needs kids on and there are no plans to open regional special schools with the attendant short buses required.

However, we are legally bound to prove that kids are attending school from the age of 6, so the only option open to us is home schooling or prosecution. This does mean that one of us won't be able to work for the next 15 years.

Not that any of the arseholes on KB who think it's funny to use depictions of special needs to kids to make a humorous point will give a crap. Nor do I would suspect 99% of KB posters give a crap when pressed either.

well for me this is not a humorous point! my late daughter was a special needs kiddy and i know that there was never enough funding for them at her schools. always cutting this cutting that, having to rely on sponsors and parents doing fund raising to get by. all the while people on already very good salaries are getting perks that out do most of the working classes pay packet. the way of the world i know! it wont change but it does SUCK big time

idb
5th August 2009, 09:55
Why should a family be penalised for the fact that you need to work in another town for many many hours per week.I dont think the idea is wrong.There have been queries on this site about people working away from home and the consensus seems to be that you should,at a minimum never be out of pocket.However there has to be vigilance that the system is not manipulated to make a gain....doing so surely reeks of tax avoidance type activities.But who is to blame.The people doing it or the people administering it.WHO does administer it?
I understand that it is administered by Parliamentary Services.
There was a piece on the news about them last night, it made them sound more mysterious than the SIS.

Maintaining a home out of town purely for the appearance that one is living AWAY from home seems to reek of the above.I dont think there is anything wrong with upgrading to a bigger place so the family can live here.However if the taxpayer effectively BUYS the place surely there should be a pro rata profit share when the pllace is sold.

Agreed.
There are a lot of MPs in England currently being pilloried for very similar practices.

slofox
5th August 2009, 11:22
"The Wellington family home of Finance Minister Bill English has been deemed an official ministerial residence by Internal Affairs and the Crown is leasing the house back from the English family trust that owns it.

The new designation after the election in November has enabled Mr English to maximise the taxpayers' ministerial housing subsidy, and get more than the $24,000 he would otherwise have been limited to - likely to be over $47,000 this year.

The previous practice of Internal Affairs was to limit out-of-town ministers living in their own Wellington properties to the $24,000 maximum of an ordinary MP.

A day after the May 28 Budget, a new rule on ministerial housing was gazetted stipulating that an out-of-town minister who did not take up an official residence was effectively limited to $24,000.

Mr English's spokesman said yesterday that because the house had already been designated an official residence, the new rule did not apply to him."

How convenient...

Oscar
5th August 2009, 12:11
Can anyone explain why MP's accomodation allowance should be higher than that of any other public beneficiary?

Greedy pigs wallowing at the trough of the public purse - thats what they are...

Easy.
If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
Monkeys like Nandor, Winston and Taito Philip.
Single issue wankers and ego driven nutters who at worst harm this country, and at best do nothing but feed their own self importance whilst they're supposed to be governing.

The egalitarian dream in NZ is a dangerous social malaise - I don't want the "average bloke" in Parliament - I want someone much more driven and more intelligent. We aren't being led anymore, we're being dragged down to a moronic median.

It is time to do away with all the perks and pay these bastids a proper salary, commensurate with similar jobs in the private sector.

Problem with that is that the same people who are whining about the perks will whine about the salary. We are a nation of moaners, small thinkers and single issue whackos.

jim.cox
5th August 2009, 12:56
Single issue wankers and ego driven nutters who at worst harm this country, and at best do nothing but feed their own self importance whilst they're supposed to be governing.

That pretty much sums up the self-perpetuating autocracy foisted upon us by MMP...

Oscar
5th August 2009, 13:36
That pretty much sums up the self-perpetuating autocracy foisted upon us by MMP...

You got it.

crazyhorse
5th August 2009, 14:39
Yeah, I had heard the funding will cease over a couple of years. Perhaps they should reassess the funding given to low decile schools too :2guns:

scracha
5th August 2009, 15:58
It is time to do away with all the perks and pay these bastids a proper salary, commensurate with similar jobs in the private sector.

Hear hear. In fact, just employ one dictator. Give them control of everything except the military and justice system. Give them a pay packet equal to the current set of arseholes to do with as they wish. I reckon you'd end up with 3x as much done with a 1/3rd of the people.

Oh...and tell them if they make a complete stuff up they get a bullet in the head at the end of it.

SPman
5th August 2009, 18:32
Oh...and tell them if they make a complete stuff up they get a bullet in the head at the end of it.
Now THAT's a good idea.........

Robert Taylor
6th August 2009, 20:04
Now THAT's a good idea.........

Notable that Chris Carter has especially been having a GAY old time on the public purse. I wonder how may homosexual bars he has visited?

Bill English is a saint compared to that poofter.