PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what's gonna happen next.

FROSTY
4th August 2009, 17:25
Mental image time folks. What do you think is gonna happen next to the three bikes below.

Bike number 1 a commuter type road bike. -Has 12 psi in the rear tyre and 7 in the front. add to that a chain tensioned so tight its got NO slack in it.
Bike number 2 a fairly highly tuned two stroke --The owner decides to fit a new exhaust system without rejetting the carb
Bike number 3 -Brake flud getting low so top it up. Then a couple of weeks later fit new brake pads without taking the lid of the resevoir.

DarkLord
4th August 2009, 17:28
1. Bin
2. Bang
3. Buh?

ajturbo
4th August 2009, 17:29
hope it not the same bike!!!!

koba
4th August 2009, 17:30
I know whats ging to happen next...

Frosty is going to start a thread!

Elysium
4th August 2009, 17:34
Is there some personal experience involved here Frosty?

Squiggles
4th August 2009, 17:38
1. Bin
2. Bang
3. Buh?

1. *Scrape* Ouch
2. $$ Ouch
3. *Screech* Ouch

Taz
4th August 2009, 17:42
Frosty's going to get rich fixing dumb arses bikes who think the internet can only be used for starting atgatt/waving/pointless dribble/ i binned it/who is the fastest 250 rider/will Carver suck Sidewinders dick threads rather than searching advice on how to do specific small (or major for that matter) maintenance jobs on their bikes. Frosty in a few years will be on the rich list :)

Seriously folks with all the info on the web these days maintaining your bike has never been easier or cheaper. Educate yourselves.

enigma51
4th August 2009, 17:43
Im sure db has some opinions

Madness
4th August 2009, 17:46
I bet the same thing happens next in each case. The owner blames the dealer they purchased their bike from for all their problems and starts ranting about being ripped off.

Am I close?.

Elysium
4th August 2009, 17:47
1. Bin
2. Bang
3. Buh?
To a bike shop.
1.$$$
2.$$$
3.$$$

Sparky Bills
4th August 2009, 17:52
To a bike shop.
1.$$$
2.$$$
3.$$$

Exactly. But all 3 riders live to ride another day as their bikes have been fixed to a safe standard.

FROSTY
4th August 2009, 18:02
1. Bin
2. Bang
3. Buh?
close very close

325rocket
4th August 2009, 18:08
Mental image time folks. What do you think is gonna happen next to the three bikes below.

Bike number 1 a commuter type road bike. -Has 12 psi in the rear tyre and 7 in the front. add to that a chain tensioned so tight its got NO slack in it.
Bike number 2 a fairly highly tuned two stroke --The owner decides to fit a new exhaust system without rejetting the carb
Bike number 3 -Brake flud getting low so top it up. Then a couple of weeks later fit new brake pads without taking the lid of the resevoir.

Seriously folks with all the info on the web these days maintaining your bike has never been easier or cheaper. Educate yourselves.

Can someone educate me on bike number 3?

mnkyboy
4th August 2009, 18:56

No 1 isn't mine is it? If so it hasn't been ridden for a year or so.

Mystic13
4th August 2009, 19:34
Can someone educate me on bike number 3?

Top up fluid means the res is full. When you put in new pads you're mean to take the lid off because the pads are fatter the brake caliper piston won't push out so far. So when you push it in the fluid level in the reservoir will rise.

If you don't take the lid off you're either going to pop a seal, pop the lid or have the brakes on. Over heating and warped discs.

Once the fluid rises if its well above the full mark you're going to need to extract some from the reservoir at worst.

That's about it me thinks.

Disco Dan
4th August 2009, 19:39
Whats going to happen next?

Hmm, I reckon you will fix them. Take 5 mins each bike.. thats 15 minutes of your life giving untold years to three bike owners... FLipping good deal there I reckon!

nodrog
4th August 2009, 19:47

the chicken strips disapear, and the chain makes a cool noise like a supercharger?

it sounds really really cool, then a thread starts rambling on for 3 pages about how 2 strokes are dangerous and you will die if you buy one?

the brakes now work super, better than brembo could ever make, enabling you to beat skidmarks record of stopping in less than 2 metres from 50 kph?

h_tron
4th August 2009, 20:58
the chicken strips disapear, and the chain makes a cool noise like a supercharger?

it sounds really really cool, then a thread starts rambling on for 3 pages about how 2 strokes are dangerous and you will die if you buy one?

the brakes now work super, better than brembo could ever make, enabling you to beat skidmarks record of stopping in less than 2 metres from 50 kph?

haha i knew it! just wanted someone else to awnser before i threw it out there:clap:

FROSTY
5th August 2009, 08:11
For anyone interested. the answers are
1) Predictably--a bin and the owner blaming the bike
2) Blowup of engine. You can only run a smoker so lean then the motor says bye bye.
3)ended in a bin.-pads got hotter and hotter-transferred the heat to the fluid/disks untill something said enough and the brakes locked up

2wheeldrifter
5th August 2009, 10:54
What happens next? we stop inhouse breeding....

He's a single cell organism ! :shifty: