PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury of New Zealand

Elysium
5th August 2009, 07:54
For those who read the papers or the net I see Canterbury of New Zealand have been bought by a British sports fashion retailer so the company is saved.

Anyhow the story didn't interest me that much but got me thinking when mentioned they lost the contract for the All Blacks jersey in 1999 and I honestly believe NZ rugby has gone down hill since, especialy the All Blacks.

I believe the All Blacks glory days rested with them wearing the infamous black jersey with white collar. I just feel somethin died in NZ rugby when the Germans came in with all that money.

/end rambling

Flatcap
5th August 2009, 08:42
Yeah - bring back the long sleeve jerseys. None of this new fangled skin tight show pony stuff

MIXONE
5th August 2009, 08:51
I mourned the day when the NZRFU sold their soul to the highest bidder and it still peeves me to see other countries wearing the CCC brand.
Unfortunately the reality of it is when rugby went proffessional the NZRFU needed plenty of $ to pay it's players and as a small country there was only one way to get it.

one fast tl1ooo
5th August 2009, 08:54
Thats nz for ya, sell of all the money makin stuff .

MisterD
5th August 2009, 10:49
Now JJB have bought in, it's only a matter of time until you see "CCC" on some chav's hat...

Brian d marge
8th August 2009, 02:22
CCC is popular over here , ,,, but ask yourself , a single product company , with one or two large contracts one of which went

is going to survive how long

Id open a bike shop at least you would get an extra week before it went tits up

Stephen

Drunken Monkey
8th August 2009, 09:52
Yeah - bring back the long sleeve jerseys. None of this new fangled skin tight show pony stuff

Even better, bring back the word "guernsey"...