PDA

View Full Version : Triumph Trident on TM

Voltaire
5th August 2009, 19:50
Any thoughts on this.
My five minutes of research suggests its a later 74 with the disc and a five speed box.
Maybe I could flog my 1951 99% complete Thunderbird basket case.......
or hang out for the Norton Interstate in black and gold.....
Dreams are free I 'spose.
Can't say I'm a fan of the UK model...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=234273028

The MDF drip tray/ stand looks awfully clean :blink:

Paul in NZ
5th August 2009, 20:22
Any thoughts on this.
My five minutes of research suggests its a later 74 with the disc and a five speed box.
Maybe I could flog my 1951 99% complete Thunderbird basket case.......
or hang out for the Norton Interstate in black and gold.....
Dreams are free I 'spose.
Can't say I'm a fan of the UK model...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=234273028

The MDF drip tray/ stand looks awfully clean :blink:

Its cheap enough for sure....

Motu
5th August 2009, 20:38
My wife had a breadbox,disc brake 5 speed Trident - great power,lovely noise and very good handling.At the time setting ign and carbs was frustrating,but today those problems can be sorted easily.I'd have one over anything else of the era....but between an Interstate and a Trident my mind would change by the second.

Voltaire
7th August 2009, 14:30
:crybaby:its been withdrawn...so tempting....but it would have meant :Pokey: and probably :spanking:

what a bargain , a T150 with wof and reg for $5500......

Paul in NZ
7th August 2009, 21:14
Thats just the deposit mate - its a trident.....

Motu
7th August 2009, 21:24
But think how much better it would be with Delorto's and Magneti Marelli electrics,Pirelli tyres,Motul oil......

Voltaire
7th August 2009, 21:36
But think how much better it would be with Delorto's and Magneti Marelli electrics,Pirelli tyres,Motul oil......

Dellortos, Bosch electrics, 90 degree twin and loud pipes....:Punk:

Motu
7th August 2009, 22:00
I always thought a Trident would go well with a single 1 1/2 SU.....usually after I'd spent all morning getting the idle perfect....and then with a blip of the throttle it'd be back to idling like shit.

Kickaha
7th August 2009, 22:29
But think how much better it would be with Delorto's and Magneti Marelli electrics

I'd go for Mikuni carbs and Zeeltronic programmable ignition rather than that spaghetti rubbish

T160 was always on my "wish list" along with the Interstate but I went Italian instead

Voltaire
8th August 2009, 09:39
I'd go for Mikuni carbs and Zeeltronic programmable ignition rather than that spaghetti rubbish

T160 was always on my "wish list" along with the Interstate but I went Italian instead

I thought Motu meant how much better it would be if it was an Italian bike:blink:

I like Brit bikes...but owning them has never been sucessful.