PDA

View Full Version : Streetfighters?

SARGE
5th August 2009, 21:50
theres recently been a lot of noise made about "Streetfighters".

n ow .. dont get me wrong .. i love these bikes .... WHEN THEY ARE THOUGHTFULLY ENGINEERED, REBUILT, CUSTOMIZED and/or UPDATED

NOT...

a beat up 120,000 km POS CBR600 that been rolled, bowled and assholed.. crashed and the fairings are too expensive to fix so you strap a few $29.95 plastic aftermarket headlights to the forks and hand some bar end mirrors to it to make it look like some retarded boi-racer with a wing on the back of a fucking front wheel drive..

correct me if im wrong...

REAL STREETFIGHTERS

DELLORTO
5th August 2009, 21:53
your deffinity right mate.....that bike with the flames looks pretty rank

Babelfish
5th August 2009, 21:58
Hmmm, I wonder what you've been looking at.....

I fully agree, well pointed out....isnt the second one along a "vtr" concept bike...I seem to recall the tricky dicky front sussies :drool:

Babelfish
5th August 2009, 22:02
Then again...its not just the shitters that get put forward. check this (be careful, this guy is convincing, you might buy one!)

http://www.buyatvscheap.com/150-scooter-moped-p/mp150c.htm

98tls
5th August 2009, 22:51
Couple of my favourites.Both done by blokes on the TL forum,sadly the second one came to an end not long after being built.

sondela
5th August 2009, 22:59
Then again...its not just the shitters that get put forward. check this (be careful, this guy is convincing, you might buy one!)

http://www.buyatvscheap.com/150-scooter-moped-p/mp150c.htm

OHMIGOSH it has a compartment for an mp3 player!!! I just so need one of those...

Big Dave
5th August 2009, 23:01
I reckon a blinged up Speed Triple would do me nicely. I just need something for the other but tock.

98tls
5th August 2009, 23:06
I reckon a blinged up Speed Triple would do me nicely. I just need something for the other but tock. If its to be a Striple then this would be my place to start.Reckon one could make one of them look the business.

batboy
6th August 2009, 08:50
Bloody hell, some of those are shit....
But come on, how can you class a factory naked bike as a "streetfighter"?
Buell's, monsters etc aren't streetfighters per say.

A streetfighter needs to have started life as a fairing bike and been modified from there..

lol

Headbanger
6th August 2009, 09:00
Streetfighter-As gay as the name implies.

imdying
6th August 2009, 10:13
correct me if im wrong...

REAL STREETFIGHTERSWell, only the flamed one comes close to the streetfighter ethos, black one is close but a little too tarted up, and not stripped back enough to really be one. It sure is nice though.

That thing with flames is pretty ugly, but it's the closest out of those four.

dipshit
6th August 2009, 10:32
And what exactly is a streetfighter fighting anyhow..??? :tugger:

ronniethe5th
6th August 2009, 10:43
this is my lovely wifes' streetfighter - daytona 650, goes like the proverbial bat and noisy as where that bat was from! :yes: i actually prefer her bike more than my buell... :mellow:

Headbanger
6th August 2009, 11:38
I never knew there were so many unwritten rules about what qualifies to be a street fighter, perhaps if someone took the time to write them down everyone could get together and agree on a few of them....:wari:

Headbanger
6th August 2009, 11:42
And what exactly is a streetfighter fighting anyhow..??? :tugger:

If Humungous ever rocks into town you will be wishing you had a Street Fighter to ride into battle.

imdying
6th August 2009, 12:40
I never knew there were so many unwritten rules about what qualifies to be a street fighterDo you think a Gold Wing qualifies? A 1098? A Nifty Fifty? If not, why not... but I'm guessing that when you think about it, you already understand some of the 'rules' that define the concept.

Headbanger
6th August 2009, 13:13
Do you think a Gold Wing qualifies? A 1098? A Nifty Fifty? If not, why not...

I am a mere grasshopper, and don't presume to know anything:wari:

Certainly not how to judge one persons vision of a streetfighter against another's.

AllanB
6th August 2009, 13:35
Traditional ones are usually a bit munted.

I like the clean ones.

AllanB
6th August 2009, 13:39
Heres one for Big Dave.

imdying
6th August 2009, 13:41
Certainly not how to judge one persons vision of a streetfighter against another's.Guns n Roses is a heavy metal band... :yes:

Big Dave
6th August 2009, 14:12
These days I much prefer a Motard for urban use anyway.
A modern 650 single makes these things look wide, heavy and anchored to the tarmac.

flyingbrick
6th August 2009, 14:31
What I hate those daft headlight housings that are all made to look like alien/robot heads. What the hell?! honestly.
See here: http://www.nzstreetfighters.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=36&Itemid=40

-You can either buy fibreglass cowls which look like insect/alien extremeties (I just dont understand this?)
http://www.nzstreetfighters.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=3&Itemid=40

- and if you dont have a job you can just hack the factory tail. The steeper its angle and more uncomfortable it looks- the cooler you are.

The coolest i've seen so far is builtby these guys http://www.r1engineering.com/themachine.htm

imdying
6th August 2009, 14:37
Yeah, the German high tail look is... interesting :puke:

boomer
6th August 2009, 15:15
Is mine a street fighter or a motard or just nakid.

im keen for a list of definitions please to enable me to pigeon hole mine bike.

flyingbrick
6th August 2009, 15:22
SF.

imo ofcourse :)

And... by fuck! that is one beautiful bike.

98tls
6th August 2009, 15:41
SF.

imo ofcourse :)

And... by fuck! that is one beautiful bike. You to can have one,xactly the same.

batboy
6th August 2009, 15:55
now this is an exception....

avgas
6th August 2009, 15:57
A streetfighter needs to have started life as a fairing bike and been modified from there..
Sorry i call your bullshit and raise you an inch.
What about all the Bandit fighters, the Z900 fighters, the RD350 fighters, the CB900 fighters, the hornet fighters, Speed Triples, Monsters.......i could keep going on forever.

98tls
6th August 2009, 15:59
now this is an exception....

:mellow:Err yep certainly is.

batboy
6th August 2009, 16:03
Sorry i call your bullshit and raise you an inch.
What about all the Bandit fighters, the Z900 fighters, the RD350 fighters, the CB900 fighters, the hornet fighters, Speed Triples, Monsters.......i could keep going on forever.

If you class them as steetfighters, then thats how you perceive them.

I just feel the true essence of a streetfighter should be a modified fairing bike.
i mean a streetfighter cant just be bought brand new off the showroom floor. they are made with blood sweat and cheques

ready4whatever
6th August 2009, 16:05
sorry im very new to bikes is that the same as a cafe' racer? dont suppose i can make one out of a cbf250? lol

imdying
6th August 2009, 16:14
What about all the Bandit fighters, the Z900 fighters, the RD350 fighters, the CB900 fighters, the hornet fighters, Speed Triples, Monsters.......i could keep going on forever.He's correct... they're not fighters, they're modified naked bikes. A streetfighter has and always will be a bike that once had a fairing. Traditionally they're rebuilt crashed bikes, but that's a small point imho.

boomer
6th August 2009, 16:15
If you class them as steetfighters, then thats how you perceive them.

I just feel the true essence of a streetfighter should be a modified fairing bike.
i mean a streetfighter cant just be bought brand new off the showroom floor. they are made with blood sweat and cheques

isnt that what the manufacturers are doing.. the rc8 into a duke.. the duc sf from a 1098... there are others, the honduh thing :fag: .... etc etc

Big Dave
6th August 2009, 16:46

'Fuckin' noisy' with those cans on it.

boomer
6th August 2009, 16:55
'Fuckin' noisy' with those cans on it.

Indeed and lover boy didnt like the baffles either, i can still hear Duran Duran on the touch tho..

Big Dave
6th August 2009, 16:57
Indeed and lover boy didnt like the baffles either, i can still hear Duran Duran on the touch tho..

Pack 'em up dawg. Does it backfire?

Ordinary world is on my playlist.

phoenixgtr
6th August 2009, 16:59
A 'streetfighter' can not be a stock bike. It's a one off that should bear little resemblance to what it started out it's life as and it cannot have fairings. You could argue about the "used to be faired but now isn't thing", but that's typically the idea.

That's my view anyway. Everyone has their own...

The Pastor
6th August 2009, 17:00
theres recently been a lot of noise made about "streetfighters".

N ow .. Dont get me wrong .. I love these bikes .... When they are thoughtfully engineered, rebuilt, customized and/or updated

not...

A beat up 120,000 km pos cbr600 that been rolled, bowled and assholed.. Crashed and the fairings are too expensive to fix so you strap a few $29.95 plastic aftermarket headlights to the forks and hand some bar end mirrors to it to make it look like some retarded boi-racer with a wing on the back of a fucking front wheel drive..

Correct me if im wrong...

real streetfighters
you need a history lesson methinks, streetfighters are not pretty or works of art, they are ugly fighters.

boomer
6th August 2009, 17:01
Pack 'em up dawg. Does it backfire?

Ordinary world is on my playlist.

she pops when i want her too but shes running well. Noisy but well.

SARGE
6th August 2009, 17:17
you need a history lesson methinks, streetfighters are not pretty or works of art, they are ugly fighters.

disagree .. They may start out like that .. But look at the bobber / chopper / cafe racers .. They all started out as 'modified' bikes.. Yea .. At the beginning of the art form, they were ugly ass dunger bikes that you didnt mind thrashing.. But now its the 21st century and the bobbers / choppers and etc have evolved into custom painted, hand fabricated works of art..

As i stated .. I really like the streetfighter look.. When its done right .. Anything less and im checking its service history

The Pastor
6th August 2009, 17:24
disagree .. They may start out like that .. But look at the bobber / chopper / cafe racers .. They all started out as 'modified' bikes.. Yea .. At the beginning of the art form, they were ugly ass dunger bikes that you didnt mind thrashing.. But now its the 21st century and the bobbers / choppers and etc have evolved into custom painted, hand fabricated works of art..

As i stated .. I really like the streetfighter look.. When its done right .. Anything less and im checking its service history
streetfighters are and always be, a crashed sports bike brought up to wof standards at minimum cost.

SARGE
6th August 2009, 17:26
streetfighters are and always be, a crashed sports bike brought up to wof standards at minimum cost.

yup.... ...... ....

:blink:

boomer
6th August 2009, 17:27

RM has spoken.. it's all clear now. :done:

The Pastor
6th August 2009, 17:30
rm has spoken.. It's all clear now. :done:
we need more people like you

SARGE
6th August 2009, 17:31
RM has spoken.. it's all clear now. :done:

praise allah

Headbanger
6th August 2009, 17:36

That would be my stab at it, and as usual the cunning manufacturers jump on the bandwagon to produce factory versions.

Its pretty rich claiming the exact opposite, That being heavily customised super-expensive purpose-built complete re-engineering of a bike is what makes it....well...that makes it a show bike

Anyhow, Its a trend, and all trends get diluted as more and more people try and make money off something was originally a solution to a problem.Only the factory bikes appeal to me, The home made ones look like shit.

98tls
6th August 2009, 17:49
streetfighters are and always be, a crashed sports bike brought up to wof standards at minimum cost. :gob:Theres going to be alot of really gutted streetfighter owners out there then eh.Imagine spending all that money when all they had to do was throw it off a cliff then put it back together.:blink:

SARGE
6th August 2009, 17:50
ok.. a very fine example of what i consider a 'streetfighter'...

started life as a ZX9 .. custom bits stem to stern, hi tuned engine, blah blah custom paint .. blah blah ...

featured in Dec/Jan 06 Rapid Bikes mag if anyone has a copy

98tls
6th August 2009, 17:52
ok.. a very fine example of what i consider a 'streetfighter'...

started life as a ZX9 .. custom bits stem to stern, hi tuned engine, blah blah custom paint .. blah blah ... Jesus Sarge are ya deaf:angry:it needs to be crashed:bye:apparently.

Big Dave
6th August 2009, 17:56
Custom motorcycle: ordinary bike with the functionality removed.

98tls
6th August 2009, 18:03
Custom motorcycle: ordinary bike with the functionality removed. David David David :stoogie:

AllanB
6th August 2009, 18:43
Everybody is correct.

Originally it was English sports bike riders pranging their GSXR's (typical) and not replacing the plastic.
Kind of munted looking but with a style of their own.

The style has become cleaned up as it became more popular and radical - billet yokes to hold USD forks etc on early models, factory versions in the show rooms etc.

If you are a super anal purist - sure it must be a munted sports bike, but by sticking to such narrow design parameters you exclude a fine selection of 'naked' bikes.

Does a 'cruiser' have to be a V-Twin? I think not.

jonbuoy
6th August 2009, 18:47
Sports bike (typicially a crashed oil cooled GSXR as a doner bike) with renthal type bars replacing the clip ons, no or small nose fairing, lowered gearing. A low budget version using the original frame - a proper one using a harris or hand made frame Built for wheelies and backroad scratching - my 10c.

98tls
6th August 2009, 18:50
Sports bike with renthal type bars replacing the clip ons, no or small nose fairing, lowered gearing. Built for wheelies - my 10c Phew,though havin to cut them i am retaining the original fairings.Would hate my bike to be categorised.:mellow:

jonbuoy
6th August 2009, 19:02
Phew,though havin to cut them i am retaining the original fairings.Would hate my bike to be categorised.:mellow:

Every bike gets categorised to some extent:

"sports bike" - high power, light weight, faired motorcyle designed for peformance over comfort.

crusier - low reving engine usually a vtwin, designed for comfort and style over speed.

Motard - Typically off road bike with uprated suspension brakes and road tyres.

Theres a few bikes that don't fit into any category, its all in the eye of the owner anyway.

98tls
6th August 2009, 19:07
Every bike gets categorised to some extent:

"sports bike" - high power, light weight, faired motorcyle designed for peformance over comfort.

crusier - low reving engine usually a vtwin, designed for comfort and style over speed.

Motard - Typically off road bike with uprated suspension brakes and road tyres.

Theres a few bikes that don't fit into any category, its all in the eye of the owner anyway.
Yea mate,was just taking the piss.

jonbuoy
6th August 2009, 19:11
Yea mate,was just taking the piss.

Ah got ya :niceone: - I don't think my CB is a real "cafe" - its a custom bike done in the style of a cafe. Like the fighters sarge' posted up - quality custom bikes done in the streetfighter style.

98tls
6th August 2009, 19:16
Ah got ya :niceone: - I don't think my CB is a real "cafe" - its a custom bike done in the style of a cafe. Like the fighters sarge' posted up - quality custom bikes done in the streetfighter style. Yea i like em,when a young fella the old man had a bloke working for him that had one with a few Dunstall bits ie fairing,seat etc.Sadly he was no real bike kind of person and just happened across it needed a bike so bought it,couldnt ride for shite and about as mechanical as a brick,often wondered what became of that Honda.

flyingbrick
6th August 2009, 19:27
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BEwi9AP79Jo/SX2auxUD4YI/AAAAAAAAAoI/6T8UjR6_eRg/s400/Street+Fighter+tattoo.jpg

ready4whatever
7th August 2009, 08:50
they look awesome, and the name streetfighter sounds even cooler lol. but i enjoy my arse not sore

imdying
7th August 2009, 08:56
If you are a super anal purist - sure it must be a munted sports bike, but by sticking to such narrow design parameters you exclude a fine selection of 'naked' bikes.So? That doesn't make them any less desirable or well made... they're just not streetfighters is all, they're just nice custom naked bikes.

NighthawkNZ
7th August 2009, 09:36
theres recently been a lot of noise made about "Streetfighters".

Isn't it a video game ... street fight or something? :scratch:

Big Dave
7th August 2009, 09:53
David David David :stoogie:

Ride one in the rain! Normal motorbikes have mudguards for a reason.

mister.koz
7th August 2009, 10:11

Thats mean dude :)

Sports bike (typicially a crashed oil cooled GSXR as a doner bike) with renthal type bars replacing the clip ons, no or small nose fairing, lowered gearing. A low budget version using the original frame - a proper one using a harris or hand made frame Built for wheelies and backroad scratching - my 10c.

So streetfighters started out as fixed up binned sports bikes, now people are making that style of bike with loads of cash and starting from an un-binned bike or a box of bits.

Cool.

Man for a bunch of free-spirited bikers :shifty: we are awfully judgmental on the finer details and classification of everyone else's rides... :blink:

If i had the $$ i'd be up for making a sporty/naked look cool by stripping it down to the engine and frame and making parts for it - it wouldn't be chromed and blingy and not my 10r :no:

AllanB
7th August 2009, 17:05
So? That doesn't make them any less desirable or well made... they're just not streetfighters is all, they're just nice custom naked bikes.

He he.

Well taking that line is probably similar to saying unless you are a 100% full blood Maori you can't claim to be one ........ :devil2::devil2::devil2:

It doesn't make them any less desirable, they are just nice naked people .......:spanking::spanking::spanking:

I'm off to my naughty corner now.

BruceC
7th August 2009, 20:43
The coolest i've seen so far is builtby these guys http://www.r1engineering.com/themachine.htm

IMO to. It is bad ass.....

modboy
7th August 2009, 20:54
IMO to. It is bad ass.....

jezus, that's hideous - haha.

Jules13
2nd October 2009, 21:10
Well, only the flamed one comes close to the streetfighter ethos, black one is close but a little too tarted up, and not stripped back enough to really be one. It sure is nice though.

That thing with flames is pretty ugly, but it's the closest out of those four.

Flamed one is the only one I dont really like. Do like Ronniethe5th 's wifes bike. Expecting it to transform like bumblebee.

elevenhundred
3rd October 2009, 00:27
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streetfighter

Seems to cover pretty much everyones opinion

Hans
3rd October 2009, 13:46
I think I just wet myself over that Vmax.