PDA

View Full Version : Vortex cannon.

98tls
6th August 2009, 12:42
Yea im bored,check out the slow mo,pretty cool.<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IyAyd4WnvhU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IyAyd4WnvhU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Big Dave
6th August 2009, 13:17
Cool vortex. Mortar the point, imagine if he saw something actually exciting.

ready4whatever
7th August 2009, 16:11
that is friggen awesome can someone explain what a vortex cannon is. i made a pretty big spud cannon a while ago. can launch a full size spud close to 200 metres its cool

Rodney007
7th August 2009, 16:54
thats gota be fake

Juzz976
10th August 2009, 16:41
Those are so cool, I remember making one in intermediate school many years ago. Not quite as powerful as it was basically a drum that you hit manually. Results were very surprising as the vortex travelled alot further than you'd expect.

sil3nt
10th August 2009, 17:16
Bloody stupid how he acts surprised that the bricks fell down when they are just loosely stacked.

Kickaha
10th August 2009, 18:44
The German Army experimented with then in WW2 as an anti aircraft defense

CookMySock
10th August 2009, 18:45
Bloody stupid how he acts surprised that the bricks fell down when they are just loosely stacked.All of those bits could have been knocked over by a gnats' fart.

I was quite surprised how focussed it was though.

I think a spud gun would be a lot more bang for the buck.

Steve

Babelfish
10th August 2009, 19:01
Pah! I saw that kind of action for two weeks while I had a stomach bug...it may sort out straw, wood and bricks, but smooth porcelin with proper hydrodynamic curvature is too much for vortex action.

Although I do like to think how excited the bloke would have been filming my vortex action :moon: