PDA

View Full Version : Desert Storm

XRNR
22nd October 2003, 01:45
My thanks to Nick Reader,
This was a really good event. A 53km western & a 61km eastern loop, Beautiful scenery, good long trails with relaxing and challenging portions, even a grass track. Should have suited all types of off road bikes. Plus good weather with excellent views of Ruapehu with Snow.

Lots of people turned up, and the ones I spoke to were all friendly. Lots of skill levels & age ranges. I blended in easily.

Thanks to firefight for recommending this event to me. As he said, you could find yourself on the trail and not see another rider for 10 minutes.

I hope those that were injured are not going to suffer permanently, goes with the sport I guess.

If you didn't like this event buy a road bike cause you sure don't like trail riding, dust & mud & scenery is where its at. When your not racing you can wait on the side of the trail and wait for another riders dust to settle before carrying on if you don't like it.

To top it off I soaked out all the new found aches in Tokanau hot springs on the trip home.

XRNR
27th March 2004, 21:10
Desert Storm,
Is on again, this time with a new date.

Location S.H. 49, Mount Ruapehu.

Ride Features... 2x60km graded trails, one challenge trail (Sunday Only), 2 grass blast tracks, novice trail, free kids coaching, free camping, music, videos, hot showers, Suzuki bikes to test ride, scooter racing & more.

October last year 1150 riders gathered & rode.

That many riders & I can vouch it didn't seem as busy as Woodhill on a weekend.

See www.epicevents.co.nz This year fire Extinguishers are compulsory.

Ph Nick reader 021 983 766 or e-mail nick@epicevents.co.nz

This is well worth attending.