PDA

View Full Version : Day two of teachers-only day

gijoe1313
7th August 2009, 10:29
Well here I find myself reflecting in the government mandated time that schools are allocated to refine their professional development.

At the moment we are focussed on aligning our vision of differentiation in the learning spaces of our earstwhile young learners. Self directed learning and gathering of intellectual might to move forward in the way learners can prepare themselves for the challenges in the wider world.

The challenge is to implement and ensure effective competencies are learnt by the students so they can be adaptable, flexible and responsive to the ways information can be processed, presented, used and the myriad ways we can bring understanding to our sense of the world.

I have sorted, perused, constructed, analysed, synthesised, evaluated, comprehended, applied and contributed to my own store of knowledge, ready to be shared with peers and ultimately to be put to that firey furnace of the classroom.

With trepidation and hand on my heart I will endeavour to make greater strides and take courage that I will not f**k it up for my learners and they will leave me with greater appreciation of what they can do for themselves and how they can construct their own learning.

Oi vey.

All those hours and head scratching over two days has led me to one inescapable conclusion.

I can ride moar bike now pleez?

:scooter:
:ride:
:woohoo:

PS - Schools are wonderful places of academia without students in them! :innocent:

Finn
7th August 2009, 10:31
Sounds like bullshit to me.

Get on your bike, quick.

Big Dave
7th August 2009, 10:39
You need a one-stop nexus for your mandate, leveraging your pro-active synergies. It's time to get the school airborne. Prepare a mission brief on this.

tri boy
7th August 2009, 10:50
Just cane the lil feckers until they do as they're told.

Swoop
7th August 2009, 11:07
I have sorted, perused, constructed, analysed, synthesised, evaluated, comprehended, applied and contributed to my own store of knowledge, ready to be shared with peers and ultimately to be put to that firey furnace of the classroom.
But has it been verified and moderated (both internally AND externally, of course)?

riffer
7th August 2009, 12:09
Okay.

I've playing bullshit bingo (http://www.bullshitbingo.net/cards/bullshit/), and I reckon I've won at least three times.

gijoe1313
7th August 2009, 13:27
I basically summed it up as :

They can reeds goods
They can spells excellent
They can write propers
They can add up their fingers and toes 1+1 = 3 of the times
They stay out of crime

Oh lordy lord, 2 and half more hours of trying to tuck in our shirts and straighten the tables in the classroom

I has bike I can ride moar now soon? :weep:

gijoe1313
7th August 2009, 13:29
But has it been verified and moderated (both internally AND externally, of course)?

Oh you mean vilified and masticated ... the dunny is out of loo paper so we have to make some more up with bits of words on them to foist on the students.

I hope the internal medication tastes like cough syrup and as for the external medication, anal retentivity is a must :shutup:

Big Dave
7th August 2009, 13:29
I has bike I can ride moar now soon? :weep:

Where are we going?

gijoe1313
7th August 2009, 13:31
You need a one-stop nexus for your mandate, leveraging your pro-active synergies. It's time to get the school airborne. Prepare a mission brief on this.

zomg, roflcopter, its a cowabunga bodacious new paradigm! I need to speak to my Elbonian supplier of educational texts!

gijoe1313
7th August 2009, 15:38
Where are we going?

Oh my god, my brain dropped out and I fell asleep someway part through the last 2 hours ... was not very good modelling of what we expect our learners to do! :blink:

Needed more interactive breaks and something to get up and stretch from our seats! :yawn:

Anyway, school is out, and I am going to go for a ride ... :sunny:

Big Dave
7th August 2009, 16:28
Oh my god, my brain dropped out and I fell asleep someway part through the last 2 hours ... was not very good modelling of what we expect our learners to do! :blink:

Needed more interactive breaks and something to get up and stretch from our seats! :yawn:

Anyway, school is out, and I am going to go for a ride ... :sunny:

sorright - I've been and come back again.

alanzs
7th August 2009, 16:57
Yep, differentiated learning is the new buzz word. That and ESOL, EHSAS, HPPA, ADHD, they are all kinda BS!

Isn't it simpler if we think of it like this:
There are the dumb kids who we will provide entertainment to so they will be quiet,
There are the smart kids who we will try to get them to achieve even more and there are the normal kids some who want to learn and those who just cruise on by...
So, that would be differentiated learning in a nutshell? :innocent:

skidMark
7th August 2009, 17:00
Just cane the lil feckers until they do as they're told.

You do realise you just told a honda rider to hit a child with a stick?

PrincessBandit
7th August 2009, 17:06
I came in for concert band rehearsal this afternoon. Does that count for anything?....

AllanB
7th August 2009, 17:09
You should take your bike in for 'show & tell' day (are you still allowed to call it that or has it sexual connotations?).

You could show them how to do a burnout and how to do a wheelie.

Excellent education.

AllanB
7th August 2009, 17:12
PS.

As a parent I find it good that you are actually doing something on these teacher only days.

I always though it was a excuse for all teachers to get together to smoke, drink, swear and have feverish sex with each other.

lb99
7th August 2009, 18:48
have you ever noticed that the teacher only days are on a MONDAY OR A FRIDAY OR ON THE END OF A LONG WEEKEND/HOLIDAY.
grrrrr :angry:

teacher only days mean a day with no pay for me or my wife, last 3 weeks we have had 3 different days with 3 different schools, you'd think they could at least co-ordinate to ease the hassles.
It's starting to wear thin with the employers.

paturoa
7th August 2009, 20:05
Well here I find myself reflecting in the government mandated time that schools are allocated to refine their professional development.

I concur with lb99 - Why the fuck are teacher only days not during the endless months of school holidays when you are at work???

Seriously this pisses me off and I see it simply as a rort. (if I was a teacher I'd do it too)

gijoe1313
7th August 2009, 20:25
Well so much for riding off into the wild blue yonder :pinch: Had to help out at the olds fush n'chup shop right after I had finished up at school ... so managed to sneak in about 15 minutes of riding! :innocent:

Worked like a zombie until 8pm rolled around and rode home ... I must be knackered since I don't want to go out and ride! :yawn:

My brain hurts and right now I don't want to reflect or do anything except stare vacantly into the distance ... oh KB ... that is the opiate to my strained brain! :drool:

Yes, I often wondered what happens to the kids when they are let loose on the streets ... wonder if the crime stats spike? :scratch:

Molly
7th August 2009, 21:02
You have all that shit too then.

Having to align your teaching with the new curriculum and the school's vision and values whilst integrating this year's professional development objectives and every senior management hobby horse and all the time trying to, in consulation with 'difficult' parents, differentiate the learning of the two hundred kids you meet each week even though it generally takes all your energy to 'entertain' them just to keep a lid on behaviour driven by e-numbers and hormones and even though you think that maybe they should just accept that in life you sometimes have to just do work you don't want to do because that's how it is and you don't feel like you can be a whizz-bang three part lesson delivering entertainer every lesson today and f'k it I'd rather be out on my bike.....

Phew. If it wasn't for bikes I'd go postal.