PDA

View Full Version : Ghost_Bullet's Bucket

Ghost_Bullet
7th August 2009, 17:36
Yup me has a bucket, since last year/season, great wee runner it has been to, never failed me, apart from the broke pipe on the first race this year.

Last BEARS meet it kinda came to grief, had some trouble with the throttle at scrutineering, and after taking a look at it, it aint beent he same since, 2nd race it would not even start, and even with the throttle closed, at times would over rev.

Anyways, last weekend took a quick look, cleaned out the carby, and but everything together again. The interesting thing I noted is there are no reeds?? is that normal on a TF125. the thing has been modified no doubt, and to date has run well.

timg
7th August 2009, 18:22
Yep, she's definately buggered. Better leave it at home on Sunday:yes:

Skunk
7th August 2009, 18:27
They are both piston ported and crankcase reed. If you take the barrel off you'll find the reed block.

speedpro
7th August 2009, 19:25
1mm over, don't screw it up.

quallman1234
7th August 2009, 21:17
Sounds like its got a leak somewhere sucking in some extra air therefore running lean as hell = Revving too the moon.
Check the O-Ring between the carb and "manifold". Check how they sealed where the oil pump use to exist. Is the base gasket leaking? Might not have one actually. Im no expert but that is where i would look.

Ghost_Bullet
7th August 2009, 21:22
Cheers Quallman.
no doubt it will be (touch wood) somthing simple... a test run last Sunday, and it seemed ok after putting all back together... one can only hope it is a rocket this Sunday...

Ghost_Bullet
9th August 2009, 19:18
Mmmm the bike went better today, but not as good as I know it can... I am sure I have not become a shit rider... though it is posible:gob:. Investigations will begin tomorrow.

Muzzab
10th August 2009, 11:37
Mmmm the bike went better today, but not as good as I know it can... I am sure I have not become a shit rider... though it is posible:gob:. Investigations will begin tomorrow.

Darn, I was catching up to you in Race 3, thought it was because the RX was going better after sorting the clutch slip. May have to tinker with the gearing next.

Cheers
Muzza

Jerms
10th August 2009, 20:24
touch wood

And there he goes again...leave that drink alone and you might be a better rider... :Pokey:

Ghost_Bullet
6th October 2009, 14:28
Help..... hope to sort this by Sunday.

pulled the bucket to bits yesturday, and we need reeds, but gen' ones I have been told have not been in the country since 06. Tried lookin on the Boyesen site for others, but only state TS.

Do they cross with other models? Or other Reed makers?

Any help appreciated... would have done somehting with me old RD400 reeds had they been wider.

Pics below...

A pic of the spark included.

Bren_chch
6th October 2009, 16:21
wow ugly!!!

I'm sure I have a set in the shed. Will look later on and let ya know.

F5 Dave
6th October 2009, 16:23
TF & TS will be the same.

Go to a wrecker & try match something up. RG250 etc. we used to have some sheet of fibreglass to cut some up from. Strictly speaking Boysens could be called performance parts.

Bren_chch
6th October 2009, 16:29
ok - Mike has my TS engine and its got some fibreglass reeds in it. You can use them until you get a replacement, send him a PM.

You wouldnt want to run an original set of reeds anyhow they horrible! :bash:

Ghost_Bullet
6th October 2009, 16:41

ok cool-cheers, hence guenine reeds would be a 2nd choice then, just been told I can get some ex Japan 10-14days for 21 bucks...
But maybe some of those Boyesen reeds for a ts would be a go to order?

Skunk
6th October 2009, 17:27
I'm still running the std steels in mine... Nearly a season on it. Motor is not really ported - just matched up and cleaned up.

Strangely it has the same type of marks on the piston crown - washed one side and carbon the other with a vague map of Oz in the middle. Head was VERY clean. Anyone know the cause of this symptom?

Bert
6th October 2009, 17:32
I've got a few old guenine reeds, PM me your details and send a couple down. they are the old metal ones. I've always run fibreglass ones in my TF (one big solid one); also experimented with having a cut-a-way double with the guenine metal reed sitting on top of the solid fibreglass one. but can't actually say if it made any difference.
another place it try is:
http://shop.scootling.co.nz/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=74
they might have a scooter reed of similer shape/size ???

Kickaha
6th October 2009, 17:40

Original steel reeds work quite well and I reckon make them less peaky but if they break it's not pretty

Bren_chch
6th October 2009, 18:01
Original steel reeds work quite well and I reckon make them less peaky but if they break it's not pretty

:yes:

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

timg
6th October 2009, 19:36
I like your bike just the way it is - it don't need to be any faster :bleh:

gav
6th October 2009, 20:04
I'll second that!
I have some carbon fibre reeds for a CR125 somewhere, don't know if they will be any good? Will bring them out on Sunday if you want.

Ghost_Bullet
6th October 2009, 22:46
These are the stuff'd reeds dimensions. just out of interest anyways. You know ya do a search online, and all ya get realy is the suzuki spec sheet. it is almost like the bike does not exist (:cold:) yup it sure out in the cold.

Though it is kinda fun again to have somthing to do since the RD's been sorted last year.

speedpro
7th October 2009, 18:35
Get stock steel reeds. Unless it's revving more or you are going to play with the free length and resonant frequency they will probably work just fine. OR . . call Pete at Total Motorcycles and get a piece of fibreglass and make your own big single petal and cut the bridge out

Ghost_Bullet
10th October 2009, 21:46
Good news is, the bike is back together, and appears to run fine. Bit hard to see outside in the country's dark night, no head light and moist grass.

Thankyou all for the help advice etc.

Cheers

Ghost_Bullet
11th October 2009, 18:55
The bucket went and did its thing today, it seemed to be back to it's normal self, finishing around midfeild, so that is good. Now looking forward to Greymouth.

Bren_chch
11th October 2009, 18:58
u were going well on ur rd400. :clap:

Ghost_Bullet
11th October 2009, 19:07
Cheers man, the 400 is my bike of much fun. Seems though I might be riding it more like I am cruising on me way to a rally or something (to upright)

Practice was cool.
First race, had the fuel tap wrong way round, into the sweeper it was spitting and spluttering, I had to make myself wait till the straight to sort that, and lost a couple of places...
Second race was awesome... 2nd place was getting well away, maybe a backed off a little, but next thing Yow ling was up me arse and past... but in all was fun fun fun.

The last all in race however sucked in the final laps... at the end of the straight, the bike was starving and spluttering again, and would not settle again untill after the harir pin. Not sure if either my fuel mix (to much oil?) was screwed, or just not enough fuel getting through... what with the weather and getting around alot quicker than last weekend in the wet.

Anyways both bikes washed, and ready to be checked over and prepped for Grey. All gas will now go into the chainsaw, and all new fresh gas for the Coast.

Yeeeeee haaaaaaa