PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki Volty engine upgrade?

flyingbrick
8th August 2009, 12:18
hi all.

Most of you (I'm sure) are gonna read the title and go :whocares: as its obviously a bike not usually the recipient of go fast bits.....

BUT...

My old mans got a very nice tidy volty (jap made i think? its not going rusty) and I'm thinking of buying it off him in a few months- once he has got his full licence.

To be honest when it was purchased the thing did not appeal to me in the slightest. But its growing on me every time i see it.

I cant help but think that with a set of clipons to replace the current handles PLUS tastefully replacing the bulky rear lights/mud guard with something smaller it could become quite a nice cafe style summer cruiser....

NOW- I'm sure i read somewhere that there is a single cylinder 350cc engine around which is a straight bolt in. Could be wrong- DR350?

Does anyone here have experience with this swap or with this motor? A little bit more power would be a good thing :yes:

cheers.

Metalor
11th August 2009, 23:33
Do it man, as long as you've got your full. Or... see if you can keep it registered as a 250. They're good little bikes those voltys, WAAAAAAY better than the gns. The volty has a much more natural and comfortable riding position.

Del Fuego
12th August 2009, 15:37
Sounds like a cool wee project to me mind you i am a sucker for strange little bikes along with anything with an engine that it really wasn't meant to have, doit! and keep us informed