PDA

View Full Version : '69 Trophy at Huntly Honda.

Motu
8th August 2009, 13:06
There is a '69 Triumph ''sculpture'' at Huntly Honda.I am gobsmacked,and can't stop looking at it....so many good things in one bike.

My camera is bust - you'll have to go in and have a look.

jimbo
9th August 2009, 12:16
There is a '69 Triumph ''sculpture'' at Huntly Honda.I am gobsmacked,and can't stop looking at it....so many good things in one bike.

My camera is bust - you'll have to go in and have a look.

Is Ginger back on deck? Heard he wasnt so well

Blackbird
9th August 2009, 13:05

This isn't the precursor to a thread titled "Guess what I've bought", is it???:innocent:

Motu
22nd August 2009, 20:13
Seeing as Big Dave refused to accept his mission,and having got my camera back from repair...I've had to do it myself.I'll leave the photos big so you can see the detail.I don't think it's a '69 - look at the tank badge.

klingon
22nd August 2009, 20:18
Wow that's gorgeous! Imagine having the inspiration, skill and attention to detail needed to do that! Amazing!

Ixion
22nd August 2009, 20:21
Seeing as Big Dave refused to accept his mission,and having got my camera back from repair...I've had to do it myself.I'll leave the photos big so you can see the detail.I don't think it's a '69 - look at the tank badge.

Mouth organ tank badge was gone by 69. And a 69 would have not had a SLS front brake.

But an earlier year (say 66) would not have had twin separate instruments on a Trophy.

It's a BITZA :oi-grr:

dino3310
22nd August 2009, 20:23
:gob::gob::gob::gob::gob::gob:Faark
will call in during the week, thats hot mate:drool:

Motu
22nd August 2009, 20:41
I had a closer look at the carb,but can't see any idle adjustment screws,so it must be a sealed carb for US emission laws.

Love the detail in the chaincase - see how the 12in Cresent gives it the same profile as the real thing...and the Bedford hubcap is neat.

nallac
22nd August 2009, 21:04
Man that things a work of art........

Pedrostt500
22nd August 2009, 21:15
Can some one find out who the artist is?.

Edbear
22nd August 2009, 21:54
Wow that's gorgeous! Imagine having the inspiration, skill and attention to detail needed to do that! Amazing!

Man that things a work of art........

Plus 10! :gob:

That's awesome!

Motu
22nd August 2009, 22:03
There was a sign with the artist details,but I forgot to get a shot of that.They want him to make a sculpture for the town,a mining theme obviously.

Bad one of the chaincase,missed what I was talking about.Nice headlight.The wrong tank badge.I don't know if a Holden 202 rocker was part of a Triumph chain adjuster,but should be up to the task.

AllanB
22nd August 2009, 23:36
Being the arty farty type myself (more farty tonight due to the pizza for tea :rolleyes:) I can appreciate the work and time invested in that.

Just quietly I personally would have invested that time restoring a real one to ride!

Motu
22nd August 2009, 23:53
Being a mechanical type myself I can identify nearly every item he has used,and like trying to place the ones I don't know.Working with metal myself I can apprieciate the work it takes to make all the pieces fit together.What blows me away is how he has taken a vision (or a photo,who cares) and made a bike that looks so much like a real bike,down to small details out of junk lying around.I can make a bike out of junk too...and make it run - but they are not works of art.

ntst8
23rd August 2009, 08:59
i look forward to a report on getting it vinned... :whistle:

tri boy
23rd August 2009, 10:28
Nice find Motu.
Will pop up and see Brent this week, and have an oggle.
Very talented artist.:cool:

tri boy
24th August 2009, 14:05
Popped up with kanny today to have a look, and chat with Brent for a while.
He was telling me he is importing Dyna Bead self balancer beads, and gave me a run down on the product.
Might try them on the Bandit and Scrambler.
And a quick look at a couple of Gingers bikes rounded the visit off.