PDA

View Full Version : Dyno - 04 R1 Vs GSXR1300

Zapf
3rd April 2005, 13:11
Interesting to see both the R1 and GSXR1300 makes the same power...! yet I hear handling is completely different.

Coyote
3rd April 2005, 13:15
Jeez, and the R1 is 300cc less

Kickaha
3rd April 2005, 13:25
peak HP means bugger all in the real world

Look at the difference in torque and at what revs the bikes make the HP

StoneChucker
3rd April 2005, 13:36
Bullshit. More HP means better bike, for real :shifty:
There's no point comparing different style bikes imho. Even if the Busa makes peak power around 9.5K, the R1 surely gets to 12.5K faster? Even if it didn't, you'd be buying the bikes for different reasons...

What I did notice was, the SMALL difference in HP gained by adding EXPENSIVE gear on your bike! I mean full systems and Dyno Jets aren't cheap, and whats a couple of HP between friends? :cool:

Kickaha
3rd April 2005, 15:10
Bullshit. More HP means better bike, for real :shifty: :

I'll remind you about that after I hear about you getting your arse kicked all over the track buy some "lesser" bikes at Taupo :msn-wink:

GSVR
3rd April 2005, 16:13
I also see the Busa has around 25% more torque and a much smoother torque band.

Isn't the fastest bike 0-100 a Triumph Rocket 3 at 2300cc? Torque rules.

StoneChucker
3rd April 2005, 20:01
I'll remind you about that after I hear about you getting your arse kicked all over the track buy some "lesser" bikes at Taupo :msn-wink:
Mate, unless we're drag racing (and I mean dressing up in womens clothing and running 10km foot races) I don't expect to set any records. Thats for the record too, I really AM a new rider :ride:

Kickaha
3rd April 2005, 20:11
(and I mean dressing up in womens clothing and running 10km foot races) I don't expect to set any records.

Just out of curiosity,whats your best time for the above event? :whistle:

StoneChucker
3rd April 2005, 20:20
Just out of curiosity,whats your best time for the above event? :whistle:
Hmm, I have an answer :confused: BUT I was NOT wearing womans clothing! Baring in mind I am rather unfit, 60 minutes is my current best for 10kms

Two Smoker
3rd April 2005, 20:53
Hmm, I have an answer :confused: BUT I was NOT wearing womans clothing! Baring in mind I am rather unfit, 60 minutes is my current best for 10kms

That aint too bad at all mate... its a respectable time :niceone: sounds like the time it takes me to do one lap around taupo...

madboy
3rd April 2005, 21:32
Hmm, I have an answer :confused: BUT I was NOT wearing womans clothing! Baring in mind I am rather unfit, 60 minutes is my current best for 10kmsI'm impressed, that's a pretty damn good time for someone who's supposedly rather unfit. Is this a recent time?

StoneChucker
3rd April 2005, 23:08
I'm impressed, that's a pretty damn good time for someone who's supposedly rather unfit. Is this a recent time?
Um.. yeah, last Friday. I run that mondays, wednesday and fridays. I really, really want to loose weight :confused:

Thanks, but it's not all THAT fast is it? Some fit fcuker at the gym did it in 45 mins :angry2: Oneday hehe :whistle:

swanman
4th April 2005, 12:37
Those Hayabusas are way quicker than the R1. In a straight line they just tear away. I have very personal experience of that at Meremere. Mind you I'm crap.

After riding mine now for about 6 months I am a little dissapointed with it's speed to be honest. Pesky 600's can almost keep up. I think extra rider weight and low screen make a big difference though. I have lost 10kg's since christmas and the bike feels quicker for it. Also tighter fitting gear makes a big difference too.

Really you want to be a midget wearing skin tight leathers, then you'd get some good speed!! I see Rossi is small, skinny and wears lycra style leathers.

madboy
4th April 2005, 13:43
Um.. yeah, last Friday. I run that mondays, wednesday and fridays. I really, really want to loose weight :confused:

Thanks, but it's not all THAT fast is it? Some fit fcuker at the gym did it in 45 mins :angry2: Oneday hehe :whistle:It might not be all THAT fast compared to the impossibly fit fcuker at the gym, but it's damn near as quick as any 10k I've ever run so it's fast in my books!

And, ahem, back on topic... show the Hayabusa the twisty stuff, aren't they big and heavy and better suited to mad open road cruising, rather than mad open road racing like an R1? Oh shit, there I go again, I've got to stop assuming that people ride fast on the road... naughty boy!! :whistle: