PDA

View Full Version : This one's a friggin doozy!

mattian
10th August 2009, 17:54
Worst road rage incident thats ever happened to me so far!

was feeling a little peckish around 5.00pm today, decided to whip up to foodtown for dinner. got on the bike heading up the road...... traffic backed up at a stop sign. Damn, of course, I forgot, 5pm = rush hour traffic.... managed to split up the right hand side of the queue without crossing the center line and pulled in about 3 or 4 cars from the stop sign as the room ran out. Mr. suit in the BMW wasnt very happy about this despite the huge gap there was from the car in front of him..... plenty of room for me! pull onto the main road and Mr BMW is right next to me on my right hand side beeping his horn and giving me the finger. I gave him the wanking sign (my mistake) This just escalated the situation and he pulls in front of me and stops dead in the middle of the road. I stop behind him and start going around him.... He lurches forward and swerves right at me !! Holy shit..... I'm off like a bat out of hell and put another 3 cars between us and am cursing myself for not having the presence of mind to get his number plate.

Lesson learned..... even if you have done nothing wrong and someone is angry with you. Dont, gesticulate back. Just ignore them and go on your merry way. thats what I should have done and I think it would have been sweet,:doh:

Mom
10th August 2009, 18:01
Lesson learned..... even if you have done nothing wrong and someone is angry with you. Dont, gesticulate back. Just ignore them and go on your merry way. thats what I should have done and I think it would have been sweet,:doh:

Yeah, sounds like you learned a good one. I am something of a pacifist on a bike in a situation like that, though I am known for giving my complete disapproval via hand gestures as a pillion, when someone tries to kill us by crossing the centre line.

Aaron_newrider
10th August 2009, 18:04
What's the guy going to do if he gets out of the car? Punch you in the head with your helmet on? haha

sil3nt
10th August 2009, 18:05
I thought KB'ers resolved this situations with a boot to the mirror?

mattian
10th August 2009, 18:05
yes. Hand gestures get exactly the desired reaction the person intends for it and, it just escalates with neither person wanting to back down .... I remained remarkably calm during the whole event and, shudder to think how it might have ended if I had upped the anti. Its sooooooo not worth it.

Mom
10th August 2009, 18:07
What's the guy going to do if he gets out of the car? Punch you in the head with your helmet on? haha

No, but he is quite likely to have less than no time for any other biker that he comes across. I would hate to read that you had been knocked off your bike while waiting for a light to change. Think about it here for a bit.

Aaron_newrider
10th August 2009, 18:10
No, but he is quite likely to have less than no time for any other biker that he comes across. I would hate to read that you had been knocked off your bike while waiting for a light to change. Think about it here for a bit.

maybe some of the time, yes that's true. :)

mattian
10th August 2009, 18:11

probably.... and then I'm the owner of one useless helmet. It was one of those situations when its fight or flight...... I chose flight. I'm not going to get into an altercation with some deranged lunatic just because I had space to get in front of him while his car was stationary! its just not worth it. Even when he swerved towards me and tried to hit me...... I'm still not stopping.... I'm getting the bleep out of there.

steve_t
10th August 2009, 18:35
I thought KB'ers resolved this situations with a boot to the mirror?

Don't let Katman hear you say that! :laugh:

SMOKEU
10th August 2009, 18:45
I had a similar thing happen to me when I was in my car. A guy overtook me and blocked the road with his cage, then got out of his car with a baseball bat started running up to my car. I then did a U turn and he started chasing after me, so I was bouncing off the speed limiter and he couldn't keep up.

sil3nt
10th August 2009, 18:45
Don't let Katman hear you say that! :laugh:I don't condone booting peoples mirrors! I probably couldn't get my leg up anyway!

ital916
10th August 2009, 18:50
I usually ignore people now, I just have a quiet chuckle in my helmet. Mind you, on my next bike Im going to carry a chain.....to lock it to things when parked of course :laugh:

Babelfish
10th August 2009, 18:53
Driving a BMW, the wanker gesture probably means you'll wrist him off at the next rest area...hence he was just trying to catch up to get his action :drool:

Think about this next time; BMW drivers like getting wristed by another man, it further inflates their missapropriated ego...(in this they are similar to BMW riders) :Pokey:

mattian
10th August 2009, 18:53
I usually ignore people now, I just have a quiet chuckle in my helmet. Mind you, on my next bike Im going to carry a chain.....to lock it to things when parked of course :laugh:

After todays incident, I would agree with that ! just ignore them and they will go away..... just like a bad smell. If I hadn't given him the wank sign, I'm sure he would have just driven off all angry and gone home and taken it out on the missus.
Its just not worth it.

varminter
10th August 2009, 18:56
Why does nobody listen? I keep telling you guy's, carry a bazooka...works for me.

crazyhorse
10th August 2009, 18:57
You did well. On a bike you can run, not so easy in a car. He's probably had a dozen bikers do that to him today - and just lost it when you did it - LOL

ital916
10th August 2009, 18:57
Why does nobody listen? I keep telling you guy's, carry a bazooka...works for me.

Already carry a bazooka on the bike mate :shifty:

Harvd
10th August 2009, 18:58
I like to just give a friendly wave reguardless of the situation. Especially if they are pissed off, they get confused, then brrrrrmmmmm and im away. Or it can be used when pulled out in front of, give them a beep and a wave ( and scream obscenities at them in my helmet and tinted visor) its made some people look deeply ashamed that they pulled out infront of such a friendly biker.

short-circuit
10th August 2009, 18:58
Fuck harden up - Yuppy gives you a perfect invitation and you lot think you should run away like bitches :oi-grr: Bikers these days

ital916
10th August 2009, 18:59
You did well. On a bike you can run, not so easy in a car. He's probably had a dozen bikers do that to him today - and just lost it when you did it - LOL

I have more than a dozen cars fuck me off every day with stupid antics and manouveres. Ya dont see me trying to run em off the road or damage their vehicles or do harm to them.

No excuse, one day he is going to do it to a person whos gonna teach him a lesson in pain.

crazyhorse
10th August 2009, 19:01
I have more than a dozen cars fuck me off every day with stupid antics and manouveres. Ya dont see me trying to run em off the road or damage their vehicles or do harm to them.

No excuse, one day he is going to do it to a person whos gonna teach him a lesson in pain.

I thought bikers were more clever than car drivers anyway! We can piss them off and power on and leave them frazzeled!

paturoa
10th August 2009, 19:02
Good on you for giving the wanker sign to the wanker, and, not getting sucked into the wankers antics.

After a while this wanker may get the idea what he is.

mossy1200
10th August 2009, 19:08
Worst road rage incident thats ever happened to me so far!

was feeling a little peckish around 5.00pm today, decided to whip up to foodtown for dinner. got on the bike heading up the road...... traffic backed up at a stop sign. Damn, of course, I forgot, 5pm = rush hour traffic.... managed to split up the right hand side of the queue without crossing the center line and pulled in about 3 or 4 cars from the stop sign as the room ran out. Mr. suit in the BMW wasnt very happy about this despite the huge gap there was from the car in front of him..... plenty of room for me! pull onto the main road and Mr BMW is right next to me on my right hand side beeping his horn and giving me the finger. I gave him the wanking sign (my mistake) This just escalated the situation and he pulls in front of me and stops dead in the middle of the road. I stop behind him and start going around him.... He lurches forward and swerves right at me !! Holy shit..... I'm off like a bat out of hell and put another 3 cars between us and am cursing myself for not having the presence of mind to get his number plate.

I like to renew my bike every so often so I would have lifted my leg above car level and taken the impact when he swerved out.Problem solved.Hard to sell bikes at the moment.

elle-f
10th August 2009, 19:23
Glad you got away - sounds like a right wank! Your gesture was the right one!

ready4whatever
10th August 2009, 19:31
you need to visit his car with a can of spray-on paint stripper. pity you didnt get the rego to find out where he lives

Kickaha
10th August 2009, 19:35
I thought bikers were more clever than car drivers anyway!

Urban Legend, Bikers are just as ignorant and dumb as car drivers

mattian
10th August 2009, 19:35
Fuck harden up - Yuppy gives you a perfect invitation and you lot think you should run away like bitches :oi-grr: Bikers these days

Do you really think its worth getting locked up and a criminal conviction for what?????

bogan
10th August 2009, 19:39
you need to visit his car with a can of spray-on paint stripper. pity you didnt get the rego to find out where he lives

now theres an idea, chuck some sideways facing nozzels on the number plate, couple of solenoid valves and a switch or two. Instant karma retribution for asshole cagers.

Though in cases like this, it seems the wanker was unaware that bikes are allowed to filter, no excuse for what he did of course but perhaps if it was more widely known then incidents like this would be far less common.

Lias
11th August 2009, 09:31
Shoulda waited till he was stuck in traffic again, smashed his window and punched him in the face.

Blackshear
11th August 2009, 09:34
I've had a couple angry car people as of late.
One seems to be pissed off that I beat him to the motorway on the double-laned onramp. Followed my into highpoint carparks where he gave me an earful as I hopped off my bike, funniest fucking shit, EVAR.

Then there was the van that cut me off to say 'stop hooning around the neighbourhood, you little fucking wanker'.
*exaggerated bow and blowing kisses*.

Must've just caught people at their breaking point? :sweatdrop

Conquiztador
11th August 2009, 09:55
Many years ago in another lifetime, when I used to ride with a patch, this was never a problem. A look in the cagers direction was all that it took to get them to shrink and look away.

Said that, when I ride today I still dress the same, only the patch gone. And I have a problem trying to remember any cagers showing a dislike towards me. Then again, I dont tend to hang around too long.