PDA

View Full Version : Kaitoke meeting this Sunday 16th Aug.

nudemetalz
10th August 2009, 21:38
We've been invited by the Karters who are running there enduro, to have a couple of races.

Quoting Wayne from Wgtn Karters "Thoughts are an enduro for you guys as well with a couple of heats in the morning and then say a 45 minute race for the bikes with maybe two pit stops where the riders have to push their bikes through"

Bear in mind this is a non-points meeting, so think of it as competitive fun :)

You peoples keen?

Skunk
10th August 2009, 21:45
Welll, I wasn't planning on going but this might sway me. I have to see if I can get the bike done. I need some machining done that won't be completed until Friday you see.

nudemetalz
10th August 2009, 21:56
I'm going to hurry and get that new tank leak-tested.
I need more track-time and who could pass up this opportunity.
Fishy's attending.

I said yes to an enduro in the reply to Wayne. Could be lots of fun.
Wonder if Lady P will last 45 minutes without breaking down.

Skunk
10th August 2009, 22:04
Two options:
Shit show
No show

:lol:

nudemetalz
10th August 2009, 22:09
Thanks for that vote of confidence, Skunky, ....bugger that you're probably right :laugh:

Sketchy_Racer
10th August 2009, 22:13
I'm keen as beans, just got a few little niggles to get sorted such as a fuel tank and brakes, but they're just minor details...

Skunk
10th August 2009, 22:16
Without fuel you won't need the brakes.

Sorted.

hmurphy
10th August 2009, 22:53
Endurance? Keen as!! So will it be the usual $45 entry? If it is raining I might not show up though as I am starting to sell my organs as it is just to keep money coming in.

quallman1234
10th August 2009, 23:15
Endurance? Keen as!! So will it be the usual $45 entry? If it is raining I might not show up though as I am starting to sell my organs as it is just to keep money coming in.

How much for a kidney?

Kendog
11th August 2009, 06:46
The endurance idea sounds cool.
You should make the A graders pit a couple more times than the B graders. Would be like the glory days of V8's racing BMW's.

We won't be there for this one.

NOID
11th August 2009, 07:48
wicked, ill be there to watch n talk with a few of you, spy on a few of your set up so i can put it to practice on my new bike :woohoo:

nudemetalz
11th August 2009, 10:08
For sure, come out and have a looksie :)

andrew a
11th August 2009, 12:29
Sorry I cant make it. Sounds like it would be a good event. Points meating the weekend after though. Is that correct?

hmurphy
11th August 2009, 12:35
Yeah according to the bucket website it is at Slipway on the 23rd.

nudemetalz
11th August 2009, 12:40
Yup, the Slipway on the 23rd August is Round 5 of the points series.

This one is just a balls-out fun day with the Karts.

hmurphy
11th August 2009, 21:06
The long range weather report is saying the weekend is going to be pretty miserable (Friday, Saturday). :kick:

richban
12th August 2009, 21:08
I will try and make it. Sounds fun. We should ask to have a kart race in between the to bike classes so we can flag each others race.

nudemetalz
14th August 2009, 10:22
Lady P is all ready to go.

hmurphy
14th August 2009, 16:18
I highly highly doubt I will be turning up. The weather will honestly mean that life jackets and rafts will be required for crashers - i.e. everyone.

Skunk
14th August 2009, 19:19
I highly highly doubt I will be turning up. The weather will honestly mean that life jackets and rafts will be required for crashers - i.e. everyone.
I don't go fast enough to crash.

nudemetalz
14th August 2009, 19:51

What are ya?
Man or Mouse ?? :crybaby:

Sketchy_Racer
15th August 2009, 12:51
The long range weather report is saying the weekend is going to be pretty miserable (Friday, Saturday). :kick:

What are ya?
Man or Mouse ?? :crybaby:

He's definitely a mouse. Comon Hamish, you've got those new slicks on and they work awesome in the wet (I rode Andrews FXR on them in the wet around Kaitoke and they rock!)

Plus 45mins equals at least 50 laps, that's less than a dollar a lap, and is heaps more laps than you usually get at a race meeting!!!

hmurphy
15th August 2009, 14:37
Mmmmmm. Well I will wake up and decide if I feel like going for a swim or not for $45.

DELLORTO
15th August 2009, 14:50
Mmmmmm. Well I will wake up and decide if I feel like going for a swim or not for $45.

wait it out until a roys hil meeting......then your gaurantied to have good weather :eek:

hmurphy
16th August 2009, 00:34
Bugger it. I barely have enough money to race in the morning. But I didn't just spend a couple hours in the garage for nothing. It is going to be wet and I am going to crash at very least twice. And it will hurt. And it will be fun. See you all at Kaitoke.

Sketchy_Racer
16th August 2009, 07:11
Nah mate, you have fun and wont crash, but if you have that mentality you will!

See you there!!

ajturbo
16th August 2009, 07:29
JUST seen this thread.....

but i just don't have the $$$$$$$

sorry

Slingshot
16th August 2009, 07:48
I might head out for a look with the family in tow :)

Trudes
16th August 2009, 07:51
Weather's not looking too bad, so have fun folks. :)

hmurphy
16th August 2009, 17:54
!!Skunk crashed!!

Kendog
16th August 2009, 17:56
!!Skunk crashed!!

Aww damn, we missed it. Was it a good one?

How was the day?

Pumba
16th August 2009, 17:56
!!Skunk crashed!!

This thread is useless without pictures

hmurphy
16th August 2009, 18:02
Aww damn, we missed it. Was it a good one?

How was the day?

Well as painful as it looked, I could not stop laughing. Mr "I never crash" bit it hard! No pictures as far as I know, but very vivid memory of watching Skunk get knee down followed by hip, shoulder, bike, and his other knee.

ajturbo
16th August 2009, 18:30
This thread is useless without pictures
+ one..... no pictures.. never happened...

ajturbo
16th August 2009, 18:40
We've been invited by the Karters who are running there enduro, to have a couple of races.

Quoting Wayne from Wgtn Karters "Thoughts are an enduro for you guys as well with a couple of heats in the morning and then say a 45 minute race for the bikes with maybe two pit stops where the riders have to push their bikes through"

Bear in mind this is a non-points meeting, so think of it as competitive fun :)

You peoples keen?
hey nudz.. i have fixed the fuel leak on the RG... a new fuel tap!!!!

off the CB 125's fuel tank... fitted perfectly!!!

Trudes
16th August 2009, 18:49
Awwww Skunky!!
And a virgin he is no more.
Hope you're ok.

fi5hy
16th August 2009, 19:08
his ego fell off too he never rode again for the day:doctor::baby:

ajturbo
16th August 2009, 19:11
Awwww Skunky!!
And a virgin he is no more.
Hope you're ok.
yeah,, hope his leathers are ok....

Skunk
16th August 2009, 19:18
Well as painful as it looked, I could not stop laughing. Mr "I never crash" bit it hard! No pictures as far as I know, but very vivid memory of watching Skunk get knee down followed by hip, shoulder, bike, and his other knee.
I'm not Mr "I never crash" - I was Mr "I haven't crashed yet"!

Starting to hurt now... :cry:

his ego fell off too he never rode again for the day:doctor::baby:
That's not true. I don't have an ego. I attempted to ride in that same race and I did ride in the next race. The only one I didn't ride was the enduro.

I don't remember you in the clubrooms after the races - couldn't stand coming second by 2 laps huh?

fi5hy
16th August 2009, 20:11
Not bad for a man with SLICKS racing a man with WETS on a track that was A SWIMMING POOL:headbang:

Sketchy Snr
16th August 2009, 20:35
I don't go fast enough to crash.

I take it you crash going slow then bud:msn-wink:

Sketchy_Racer
16th August 2009, 21:38
Not bad for a man with SLICKS racing a man with WETS on a track that was A SWIMMING POOL:headbang:

Yeah man, respect for how fast you (and others) were going with those slicks! I was gutted we didn't get to have a 30 minute long battle like it was in the first short heats in the dry. Funny bit is, in welly buckets your a wanker for having wets, but up in aucks it seemed like you were a git if you didn't have them!!

Maybe next time we should make a compulsory bike swap haha

Now get yourself a new big piston and send me your barrel, i'll bore it out so you have some more mojo juice..

Skunk
16th August 2009, 21:45
Not bad for a man with SLICKS racing a man with WETS on a track that was A SWIMMING POOL:headbang:Yeah, you lot were going damn good for slicks.

I take it you crash going slow then bud:msn-wink:You had better whip my arse at Taupo saying things like that mister...

Sketchy_Racer
16th August 2009, 21:59
Yeah, you lot were going damn good for slicks.

You had better whip my arse at Taupo saying things like that mister...

Hey if he's on my bucket all he needs to know is how to pull the throttle open in the straights and he'll be just fine! (and don't forget about the turney bits in the middle)

fi5hy
17th August 2009, 08:05
Yeah man, respect for how fast you (and others) were going with those slicks! I was gutted we didn't get to have a 30 minute long battle like it was in the first short heats in the dry. Funny bit is, in welly buckets your a wanker for having wets, but up in aucks it seemed like you were a git if you didn't have them!!

Maybe next time we should make a compulsory bike swap haha

Now get yourself a new big piston and send me your barrel, i'll bore it out so you have some more mojo juice..

Good on you for having them if I could find some for the right price i.e CHEAP (you know me free or close to it) I'd have them too. And yes that first heat was good fun if all that rain had stayed away that 45min battle and it would have been a battle would have been sweet.

As for the piston I'll wait till later I need to run it in the dry a bit more to get a gauge on how the timing advance went first.

fi5hy
17th August 2009, 08:10
Yeah, you lot were going damn good for slicks.

Mr RICH BAN was the man going good to bad he had to hit the deck twice he may have beaten me too. Mind you he did beat Bayden:laugh::laugh::laugh:

nudemetalz
17th August 2009, 10:46
Can't say my day went particularily well.
Okay in the first heat, crashed in the second heat and then the front brake starting locking up on me (through my mal-adjustment - if there's such a word) plus the pod filter started clogging up with water killing the power.

richban
17th August 2009, 12:49
Mr RICH BAN was the man going good to bad he had to hit the deck twice he may have beaten me too. Mind you he did beat Bayden:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The day really went Bad Very, 2 laps. Bad, about 4 laps. Not so Bad the hole race on quarter throttle. Then fantastic 30 odd laps short shifting almost all the gears. I finally have a gauge on the new engine and its quirks (Jetting). The battle with you Fish was the highlight especially the bit where you chucked your bike at me in frustration a good tactic but you needed to aim for the wheels not my foot. That was the fastest I have been in the wet around that track. There are 2 reasons. 1 is the dunlop slick on the rear is way better than the TT900. 2 Lots more HP. Till next time

fi5hy
17th August 2009, 16:17
The battle with you Fish was the highlight especially the bit where you chucked your bike at me in frustration a good tactic but you needed to aim for the wheels not my foot.

I'll get my aim better for the next attempt

richban
17th August 2009, 17:36
I'll get my aim better for the next attempt

Maybe next time don't through the bike, try a leaping crash tackle. That was what I was planning every time Glen zipped past, but you couldn't hear him coming so it was hard to time the jump.

fi5hy
17th August 2009, 20:20
Maybe next time don't through the bike, try a leaping crash tackle. That was what I was planning every time Glen zipped past, but you couldn't hear him coming so it was hard to time the jump.

good call I did that once at Phillip Island(sbk camp ground) with a passing bike with four pissed guys on it. I was on foot, they didn't see it coming, and thank god for me they didn't see me leaving ether:no::laugh::chase:

Sketchy_Racer
17th August 2009, 20:35

Go the 2 smoker!! Yeah you can hear the diesel tractors from about half a lap away!!