PDA

View Full Version : Celebration and trepidation

martybabe
11th August 2009, 12:09
Well it's my second NZ anniversary and I'm pretty chuffed about it.In some ways it seems like I arrived a fortnight ago but sometimes it feels like I've been here forever.

The thing is this, I've lived in a great many places and travelled to many more but somehow every time I go tiki by bike or car, I'm simply stunned at the raw natural beauty of this place we call home. Simply put, I fuggin love New Zealand, I do, it's captured my heart like nowhere else, moreover I love it's people for loving the place too. If ever there was a heaven on earth, you my friends are living in it, if you knew the craphole I grew up in you'd perhaps better understand the eulogies and why I bless the stars for bringing me here where I belong, back home to New Zealand.

This anniversary is a little subdued however, after my imminent trip to England, to meet my new Granddaughter and farewell my Father in Law, I have got to enter the arena once more and duke it out with an immigration department that seems hell bent on making it as difficult as possible for me to stay here. I've got a feeling they're gonna get their way this time around, this time I don't smell victory, it's a huge undertaking just to justify my existence on these shores and so many decent folk have been sent packing but they will be in for a fight.

Despite the pessimism, I thought I'd post a few pictures on here to remind me of the beautiful land I'm fighting for right to live in, I hope you enjoy them.

Wish me well in the battle ahead if you're so kindly inclined but I tell you this, even if they beat the living crap out of me and my Whanau, I will never regret spending 1 second of my time in this wonderful wonderful Land. :violin:

I shall be getting out and about a lot this summer, just in case it's my last so expect to meet me,( if not understand me) at a location near you, see you out there kids.

wysper
11th August 2009, 12:13
Wish me well in the battle ahead if you're so kindly inclined but I tell you this, even if they beat the living crap out of me and my Whanau, I will never regret spending 1 second of my time in this wonderful wonderful Land. :violin:

Good Luck Martybabe! It is a bloody nice place to live.

At the very least you will get to meet your new granddaughter.

MSTRS
11th August 2009, 12:23
Such effusive praise of 'our place'....
How could the Immigration Nazis deny you right of return, after that? You should be snapped up and put into tourism promotion.
Hope it goes well for you...cos we're not done with you yet.

martybabe
11th August 2009, 12:37
Good Luck Martybabe!

At the very least you will get to meet your new granddaughter.

You Betcha, she's got a whole lot of loving coming her way, poor kid :yes:

How could the Immigration Nazis deny you right of return, after that? You should be snapped up and put into tourism promotion.

Thanks J, I ain't done with me yet either, soo many things to see, so many people to meet, soo little time.

ynot slow
11th August 2009, 12:37
Stupid immigration eh,you can speak Engrish ok,drive ok,wife works in health area(correct me if wrong),are good character.Hang on we need idiots who can't speak english,can't drive on correct side,have mega $$$,but send profits off shore,doesn't add up.BEST OF LUCK(shouting at immigration tossers).

gijoe1313
11th August 2009, 12:45
A breath of fresh air I think! Thanks for reminding us not to take our green and beautiful lands for granted (I know I don't when I am out riding and trying to avoid being part of it!)

Blardy typical, the system always wants to expel those who want/deserve it to stay while the rest of the dropkicks end up sliding on through. Truly the system is an arse!

Hope it all works out and that there is some small sort of justice for the little people left in the karmic bank somewhere!

Pussy
11th August 2009, 12:48
Hey Mart... get your lovely bride to wear a burka, you wrap a tea towel round your head, start driving like shit and don't bother speaking English... and you'll be sweet!

martybabe
11th August 2009, 12:52
Stupid immigration eh,you can speak Engrish ok,drive ok,wife works in health area(correct me if wrong),are good character.Hang on we need idiots who can't speak english,can't drive on correct side,have mega $$$,but send profits off shore,doesn't add up.BEST OF LUCK(shouting at immigration tossers).

:laugh: Cheers my lovely. Ynot for PM I say. Yeah, the Bride's doing really well as Nursey boss, the teenagers doing well at school and I'm....well.. I speak English ok, better than a lot of folk round here anyway, I have no idea what they're saying you know, I just smile and nod a lot
:lol:

Fatt Max
11th August 2009, 13:00

Agree with this 110%

MSTRS
11th August 2009, 13:03
:laugh: Cheers my lovely. Ynot for PM I say. Yeah, the Bride's doing really well as Nursey boss, the teenagers doing well at school and I'm....well.. I speak English ok, better than a lot of folk round here anyway, I have no idea what they're saying you know, I just smile and nod a lot

So...what you are reeeeally saying is that your darling wif supervises a nurse to keep your chin clear of dribble?:innocent:

martybabe
11th August 2009, 13:24
A breath of fresh air I think! Thanks for reminding us not to take our green and beautiful lands for granted (I know I don't when I am out riding and trying to avoid being part of it!)

Blardy typical, the system always wants to expel those who want/deserve it to stay while the rest of the dropkicks end up sliding on through. Truly the system is an arse!

Hope it all works out and that there is some small sort of justice for the little people left in the karmic bank somewhere!

Cheers GI, I don't remember reading an account of one of your mega pootles crossing the Naki border. Sort it mate, I'd like to meet a legend before I go and I sure as heck won't be riding around Aucklandshire anytime soon, 'tis well scary. :niceone:

Hey Mart... get your lovely bride to wear a burka, you wrap a tea towel round your head, start driving like shit and don't bother speaking English... and you'll be sweet!

I think it's hard for anyone these days John, I think they're expecting a flood of Kiwis coming home soon and who can blame them, make way there's no room at the inn!

Agree with this 110%

Cheers FM, I guess you're no stranger to the immigration trials eh.

So...what you are reeeeally saying is that your darling wif supervises a nurse to keep your chin clear of dribble?:innocent:

That's about the size of it mate, It's either that or a nice little retirement home for me. Will I put your name on an application form at sunnyside home for the bewildered too, we can chat about all the lovely rides we used to take till matron puts us to bed at 6pm :D

Pussy
11th August 2009, 13:27
Wishing you guys EVERY success in your quest to become part of the furniture here, Mart!

I'll even let you buy me a Mac's Gold when you get your residency!!

MSTRS
11th August 2009, 13:29
That's about the size of it mate, It's either that or a nice little retirement home for me. Will I put your name on an application form at sunnyside home for the bewildered too, we can chat about all the lovely rides we used to take till matron puts us to bed at 6pm :D

Sounds like a plan. You just keep your paws off Matron....she's mine and I saw her first.

martybabe
11th August 2009, 13:30
Wishing you guys EVERY success in your quest to become p[art of the furniture here, Mart!

I'll even let you buy me a Mac's Gold when you get your residency!!

Party time for sure mate....either way, hurrah or farewell.

MsKABC
11th August 2009, 13:41
Good luck Martybabe, I'll have my fingers crossed for you. If only there were more we could do! :hug:

martybabe
11th August 2009, 14:21
If only there were more we could do! :hug:

Bless ya gorgeous, it's in the hands of the immigration gods now, nothing anyone can do, unless they're a corrupt MP that needs a bit of work on their house of course .

Blissfully happy eh, well good for you sweetness, long may it remain that way. :yes:

Boob Johnson
11th August 2009, 14:23
All the best with it Marty, sincerely hope it works out for you.

If all else fails you could always just over stay. What's the worst they can do? Throw you out? :laugh:

martybabe
11th August 2009, 14:32
If all else fails you could always just over stay. What's the worst they can do? Throw you out? :laugh:

You know that's a very good point, I wonder....:corn:

CookMySock
11th August 2009, 14:33
Good luck bro.

Steve

BiK3RChiK
11th August 2009, 14:40
Hey Marty! All the best in your fight with immigration.. We need good sorts like you around. It keeps us grounded and reminds us what an awesome country we lot take for granted. Thanks for the pic reminders too...

SPman
11th August 2009, 14:50
Good luck with getting back in. I moved to West Oz...seems like 3months ago, but it's actually over 3 yrs ago!!! Time has a habit of flashing by at breakneck speed.....
Great photo of Taranaki - from Mokau? (on a calm day)

ynot slow
11th August 2009, 15:09

Never really understand people heading to Auckland/Wellington from either destination who go up SH1,in summer that part of SH3 is brilliant,even Awakino Gorge and Mt Messenger is piece of piss.

martybabe
11th August 2009, 15:42
Good luck bro.

Steve

Cheers Steve

Hey Marty! All the best in your fight with immigration.. We need good sorts like you around. It keeps us grounded and reminds us what an awesome country we lot take for granted. Thanks for the pic reminders too...

Dunno if you need my sort, there's plenty of good bastards here already but I'd like to stay and play...Pleeaase. I do think some people forget to have a good look around though, I came 12,000 miles to have a look and I'm not done yet thanks.

Good luck with getting back in. I moved to West Oz...seems like 3months ago, but it's actually over 3 yrs ago!!! Time has a habit of flashing by at breakneck speed.....

Well spotted sir, you've not forgotten the place then and yes your right, time just whizzes past + I've still got seasonal jetlag, it may be August to the rest of you but it feels like late Feb to me, the year's gone before I get into gear. Thanks for the good wishes.

MIXONE
11th August 2009, 15:59
Good luck with the immigration nazis MB.Typical gumint dept. where they get a bit of power and think they rule the earth!
There's always a bed at mine if you are riding this way.(Just bring your own beer.I know what you poms drink like)

MyGSXF
11th August 2009, 16:11
Wishing you & your lovely bride all the best hun.. :hug:

The system seriously sucks when it says 'no' to good people who come here & work, make an honest living & contribute to society.. but bring in bucket loads of special needs cases & set them up with every benefit & handout imaginable... :bash: tisn't right!! :angry:

martybabe
11th August 2009, 16:35
Good luck with the immigration nazis MB.Typical gumint dept. where they get a bit of power and think they rule the earth!
There's always a bed at mine if you are riding this way.(Just bring your own beer.I know what you poms drink like)

Thanks Mick, will I have to take my boots off if I stop over though? it's the one bit Of Kiwiism that I've never got my head round, don't you people suffer from cold feet :cold: Don't agree with drinking mate, me and my Fireman buddies drank a hotel dry in three days so we wouldn't have to drink any more, the previous record was fourteen days and I've still got a hangover 6 years later :D

Wishing you & your lovely bride all the best hun.. :hug:

The system seriously sucks when it says 'no' to good people who come here & work, make an honest living & contribute to society.. but bring in bucket loads of special needs cases & set them up with every benefit & handout imaginable... :bash: tisn't right!! :angry:

Thank you beautiful, I've run out of the bling thing so I'll just send you a ginormous heartfelt Kiss. I know we still haven't technically met yet but people like you epitomise everything that's good about kiwis. If I don't make it for the long haul and folks in Englandshire ask me what I miss most about NZ, I shall say the beautiful Landscape and people with hearts as big as their heads, one such lives down Nelson way. x

Laava
11th August 2009, 16:42
Few people in this country could do with being as appreciative as you! You have seen a fair bit of NZ by the sound! Not to be under-estimated that is for sure! Good luck with all mate and IF you end up heading north, make sure you PM us!

Mom
11th August 2009, 16:48
Hey Marty, you know something, I believe you will get your immigration status confirmed. It blows my mind just how difficult they do make it for people to stay here, that and the expense of it all too. I am yet to apply for citizenship, as the forms are frankly daunting.

Best of luck mate with it all, may the hurdles they place in front of you be small ones.

That baby is gorgeous! :sunny:

yungatart
11th August 2009, 16:53
Tis wrong that they might not let you guys back in...I can think of plenty that we don't need here!
Good luck getting it sorted mate, (I could write you a reference, if you think it would help) and enjoy meeting your wee granddaughter!

martybabe
11th August 2009, 18:09
Few people in this country could do with being as appreciative as you! You have seen a fair bit of NZ by the sound! Not to be under-estimated that is for sure! Good luck with all mate and IF you end up heading north, make sure you PM us!

Thank you so much, I have to say that the UK has it's beautiful spots too but what you won't see is the two and a half thousand people lining up behind you to take the same photograph, it's the miles of nothing but scenery I enjoy, that almost untouched feel. Thanks for the offer of a meet.:niceone:

Hey Marty, you know something, I believe you will get your immigration status confirmed. It blows my mind just how difficult they do make it for people to stay here, that and the expense of it all too. I am yet to apply for citizenship, as the forms are frankly daunting.

Best of luck mate with it all, may the hurdles they place in front of you be small ones.

That baby is gorgeous! :sunny:

Can I refer you to the post I made to mygsxf above, remove Nelson and substitute Warkworth (wherever that is) you're something else lady and as this thread winds on I'm reminded not just of godzone but of the special people that dwell within, You and they mean a hell of a lot to me.

I feel like I'm saying goodbye here, nah, it ain't over till the Fat lady sings in the immigration department. :yes:

I shall give a special hug to Darcy (the baby) from her Aunty Mom in Nz, even if you'd rather I didn't it's yet another excuse to squeeze the bejesus out of her. x

Tis wrong that they might not let you guys back in...I can think of plenty that we don't need here!
Good luck getting it sorted mate, (I could write you a reference, if you think it would help) and enjoy meeting your wee granddaughter!

Thank you gorgeous. Even if this country was poosville, I still don't think I'd wanna leave such great people behind. Oh well time will tell I suppose and if a reference is needed to swing it in our favour I'll be sure to give you a call. x

idleidolidyll
11th August 2009, 18:29
I wish more stay at home Kiwis could understand what we have and just reduce the moaning a little

Only western Kanukistan has anything like NZ and that has the misfortune to sit above the worlds' most aggressive country.

Of all the countries I've been to and lived in, there's no place as good as here for the average Joe or Jane and that goes triple if they're into bikes.

Keep battling, a POME mate of mine now lives in Wanaka after 10 years of trying to get back in; it can be done

Mom
11th August 2009, 18:39
I shall give a special hug to Darcy (the baby) from her Aunty Mom in Nz, even if you'd rather I didn't it's yet another excuse to squeeze the bejesus out of her. x

Just dont squeeze too hard is all, there are a couple of things that might happen if you do :lol:

Just smell her marty, just smell her. Oh, maybe a little peck on the forehead from her Aunty Mommy.

martybabe
11th August 2009, 18:59
I wish more stay at home Kiwis could understand what we have and just reduce the moaning a little

Only western Kanukistan has anything like NZ and that has the misfortune to sit above the worlds' most aggressive country.

Of all the countries I've been to and lived in, there's no place as good as here for the average Joe or Jane and that goes triple if they're into bikes.

Keep battling, a POME mate of mine now lives in Wanaka after 10 years of trying to get back in; it can be done

Well said and thank you mate.

Just smell her marty, just smell her. Oh, maybe a little peck on the forehead from her Aunty Mommy.

Oh I am so with you on that, how come no ones ever bottled that top of the baby head smell, makes you glad to be alive.

idleidolidyll
11th August 2009, 19:24
marty: find a willing wahine, marry her, give her a baby so she can live off the dpb, ditch the wench, pay her maintenance and consider that your entry fee

of course that's probably illegal..............

BiK3RChiK
11th August 2009, 19:47
marty: find a willing wahine, marry her, give her a baby so she can live off the dpb, ditch the wench, pay her maintenance and consider that your entry fee

of course that's probably illegal..............

LOL Of course it's illegal! I think his Mrs might have something to say about that too....:Oops:

<G>
11th August 2009, 20:50
Adding my well wishes to all the others.
I relate to how you feel about NZ. I was fortunate to enough to be granted citizenship. Good luck!

ynot slow
11th August 2009, 21:36
Hey in seriousness,what about heading to the west island(Aussie),getting citizenship there,which might be easy(if they decline here),then relocate here,might be easier.

I'd be stomping to the local MP office and get him onto it stating your case.

PrincessBandit
11th August 2009, 21:45
Will add my very best wishes and hopes that you get to stay! Immigration have a lot to answer for, despite their obvious attempts to justify their strange ways. We luffs you and will be looking forward to good news that you'll be staying on our shores for a long long time.

Crossing all fingers and toes and everything else I can think of for youse. (There, a good kiwi-ism for ya!)

shafty
11th August 2009, 22:08
Great pics MartyDude, and my very best wishes coming your way. Shall I write you a note? (Maybe Taito has screwed that up for a while).

I'm with Mom, keep those positive thoughts streaming, - certainly if a fraction of your positivity comes back your way, "You're IN" - VBW
Shafty

martybabe
11th August 2009, 23:00
I think his Mrs might have something to say about that too....:Oops:

Oh Lordy, how ever justified the reason for me to have a Whahine, I'd be in for the bash :yes:

Adding my well wishes to all the others.
I relate to how you feel about NZ. I was fortunate to enough to be granted citizenship. Good luck!

Thanks sweetheart, here's to NZ.

Hey in seriousness,what about heading to the west island(Aussie),getting citizenship there,which might be easy(if they decline here),then relocate here,might be easier.

I'd be stomping to the local MP office and get him onto it stating your case.

Can't do it Tony mate, we are *cough* to old for ozzie land

Will add my very best wishes and hopes that you get to stay! Immigration have a lot to answer for, despite their obvious attempts to justify their strange ways. We luffs you and will be looking forward to good news that you'll be staying on our shores for a long long time.

Crossing all fingers and toes and everything else I can think of for youse. (There, a good kiwi-ism for ya!)

Bless you Princess, I didn't want to go before, now I really really don't want to go:crybaby:

Great pics MartyDude, and my very best wishes coming your way. Shall I write you a note? (Maybe Taito has screwed that up for a while).

I'm with Mom, keep those positive thoughts streaming, - certainly if a fraction of your positivity comes back your way, "You're IN" - VBW
Shafty

Cheers big guy and you enjoy your little excursion abroad bud but come home soon this country needs people that smile like you, it keeps their pecker up don't you know. :niceone:

BiK3RChiK
12th August 2009, 08:24
Marty, whatever happens remember to enjoy seeing the whanau in the mother-land and give them lots o' lovin'.

No amount of stressing will change what Immigration are going to do, and it just might set alarm bells ringing with them if they see you all jumpy at the gate.. All the best.

Hugs,
Mavis

martybabe
12th August 2009, 09:41
Marty, whatever happens remember to enjoy seeing the whanau in the mother-land and give them lots o' lovin'.

No amount of stressing will change what Immigration are going to do, and it just might set alarm bells ringing with them if they see you all jumpy at the gate.. All the best.

Hugs,
Mavis

Wise words for sure M, thanks for your support and advice. As coincidence would have it, I've just been talking to my Granddaughter on the phone, I f I'm honest, I couldn't understand a word of it but it sure was cute gibberish, can't wait to see them all and I can't wait to get back and deal to those Immigration bureaucrats. :spanking:
Thanks again Mavis.x