PDA

View Full Version : Ever payed for a bike,an then...

Jackrat
22nd October 2003, 07:56
Have ya ever payed for a bike an then not been able to pick it up for over a week.Payed for it an the payment didn,t show in his account,sort it out,takes two days,gott,a go do the RUSTYS ride,
four days,Gonn,a go get it tomorrow,get phone call,got a job interview same time,can,t turn that down,Now on for thursday.
Rain forcast,can,t sleep,short temper,Damn Iv,e owned this thing
for a week an havn,t rode it since the test ride.It must show cause the dogs keeping out of my way.Bloody mutter,mutter........

riffer
22nd October 2003, 10:39
I know exactly how you feel mate, except mine's my own doing. As I've said before in another forum, we're selling the house and I am getting a bike to go to work on, as our Legacy GT-B uses too much gas for the 75 km commute from Upper Hutt to Welly every day.

I found my bike SIX weeks ago, and put a deposit on to hold it. I get the bike on Saturday. I can't wait. I find myself checking out kiwibiker.co.nz every hour or two trying to get a fix that way but it's just not the same.

It's my first bike in ten years. I'm suffering too!

merv
22nd October 2003, 11:29
Originally posted by celticno6

It's my first bike in ten years.

Welcome back to the scene, but hey don't do anything silly now until you get used to a bike again.

riffer
22nd October 2003, 18:28
Yeah, cheers. I certainly don't intend to repeat a few of the silly incidents of my teen years - jeez that's 20 years ago now - ouch!.

Still, some of my old friends keep sending me snippets from the judgement day video - maybe they remember me and that old IT400 I used to have... now there was a wheelie machine.

SPman
22nd October 2003, 20:27
So you havent actually got the FZR750 yet?

Great bike - my first real bike after 10-12 years away was one of those, loads of fun!

riffer
22nd October 2003, 22:22
Yeah, I get it on Saturday - a friend is picking me up on his TL1000S and we're going to get it then go for the first ride - hope the weather's nice for it down here in Welly. Still, with all the nice all-weather gear I'm getting too it shouldn't be a problem.

Funny, in my twenties I never would have thought about protective gear - jeans and leather jacket would have been about it. Funny how things change when you start staring down 40.

On another note :Offtopic: I've found it hard to find out info on the FZR750's - plenty on the 600s and 1000s - I bought the Haynes manual a month ago - driving my wife mad reading it - but no real info on the net about them. Anyone know where I can find out more?

SPman
23rd October 2003, 06:57
Not much here but it may help

http://www.exupbrotherhood.com/

DeanOh
23rd October 2003, 16:57
Originally posted by celticno6
I know exactly how you feel mate, except mine's my own doing. As I've said before in another forum, we're selling the house and I am getting a bike to go to work on, as our Legacy GT-B uses too much gas for the 75 km commute from Upper Hutt to Welly every day.
I found my bike SIX weeks ago, and put a deposit on to hold it. I get the bike on Saturday. I can't wait. I find myself checking out kiwibiker.co.nz every hour or two trying to get a fix that way but it's just not the same.
It's my first bike in ten years. I'm suffering too!

its great getting back on the bike after so long. I was in the same boat. if you see a SV650 whizzing between UH and town, give me a wave.:niceone:

wkid_one
23rd October 2003, 18:02
Keen to pick up for a ride if you are?

mangell6
23rd October 2003, 21:46
So celticno6, where do Wkid_One and I meet up with you for this ride on Saturday.

Will you be allowed out for our Sunday ride as well???

Mike (Upper Hutt)