PDA

View Full Version : GSXR 1100s

StoneY
11th August 2009, 21:34
Hey all

I have one (well me and Missy have one, she loves it too) so here's my one,, show me yours

One thing I'm looking out for is original mirrors...bet they're like hens teeth , also a grab rail
This one here was the first of the slingshots with the upside down forks, the K had the old type of forks but otherwise identical.
1127cc's from factory. Strong....very

Shes a rebuild and I am the first re-vinned owner, got her at TSS Red Baron's, in Lower Hutt

Bleck K6
12th August 2009, 19:04
I had a 92gsxr1100n last of the oil cooled 11oo's almost the same colour as that, will find a photo and post it on here.was a mean machine.

Hey all

I have one (well me and Missy have one, she loves it too) so here's my one,, show me yours

One thing I'm looking out for is original mirrors...bet they're like hens teeth , also a grab rail
This one here was the first of the slingshots with the upside down forks, the K had the old type of forks but otherwise identical.
1127cc's from factory. Strong....very

Shes a rebuild and I am the first re-vinned owner, got her at TSS Red Baron's, in Lower Hutt

98tls
12th August 2009, 19:19
Aussie Ebay may well be a good place to look for bit n pieces,good looking bike.Enjoy.

StoneY
13th August 2009, 22:23
Aussie Ebay may well be a good place to look for bit n pieces,good looking bike.Enjoy.

Cheers bro :niceone:

puddy
13th August 2009, 23:10
Here's mine. Had an L model for about eight years a while back.

StoneY
14th August 2009, 01:38
Here's mine. Had an L model for about eight years a while back.

Lovely machine bro!

Gotta get Krazy to post here, his ones an immaculate L same as mine, blue/white race livery
:gob:

KrazyGixxerBoy
15th August 2009, 18:49
Lovely machine bro!

Gotta get Krazy to post here, his ones an immaculate L same as mine, blue/white race livery
:gob:

As you wish mate! here's a couple of pics of my L.:headbang:

p.s....original mirrors too (I think)

kiwifruit
15th August 2009, 19:01
I've got a grab rail off a 750L. If it fits and you want it let me know :)

http://www.bikepics.com/members/kiwifruit/90gsxr750/

Creeping Death
15th August 2009, 19:04
Used to have a '91 M model.Brought it from Road'n'Sport in Hamilton back in 99.Sold it bout 2 years ago but still see it around sometimes.

New owner has modded it quite a bit now,looks way better than when I had it.Got no pics sorry.

StoneY
15th August 2009, 19:44
Used to have a '91 M model.Brought it from Road'n'Sport in Hamilton back in 99.Sold it bout 2 years ago but still see it around sometimes.

New owner has modded it quite a bit now,looks way better than when I had it.Got no pics sorry.

Nice handle- take it youir a metallica fan>????:clap:

Creeping Death
15th August 2009, 19:49
Nice handle- take it youir a metallica fan>????:clap:

Fer sure mate!....Obey your master!!!!:niceone:

StoneY
16th August 2009, 09:21
might re-edit topic to -Gixxer and Metallica fans unite! LOL

Armitage Shanks
17th August 2009, 20:25

Sold the last one new when I worked for the Suzuki dealer in ChCh in '90, might've been an M model not sure ( two headlights behind one glass ? )......125hp crank from memory and the V-Max poked out close to 150 from memory but could'nt turn a corner.

For the record Yamaha's FJ1200 also poked out around 125 but a longer stroke meant more torque and about the same weight. The GSXR11 was a porky thing by that stage.

Correct me if I'm wrong on all counts ........*:Police:

StoneY
18th August 2009, 19:50
Ummm...my gixxer the 90 L model, exposed headlights- and a tad more than 125hp- porky?....i misunderstand that term I am sure:2guns:

Bleck K6
19th August 2009, 16:25
I had 50mm cut off my swingarm on my 92 that was probably the best mod I did, what a huge difference 2 the handling.

Laava
19th August 2009, 21:11
I had 50mm cut off my swingarm on my 92 that was probably the best mod I did, what a huge difference 2 the handling.
Did you save the offcuts to stretch out the ol' Harley swingarm? For extra chick luggin' duties!:bleh:

Bleck K6
20th August 2009, 08:09
Haha nah just melted them melted them down and made a belt buckle that says"I would rather push a harley than ride the mothership"

Did you save the offcuts to stretch out the ol' Harley swingarm? For extra chick luggin' duties!:bleh:

portokiwi
20th August 2009, 08:21
:Punk: Yes that was a nice bike, I went for a test ride on it at TSS Red Baron.
The wife wasnt so keen on it though.
Must buy a bike that the wife likes as well:laugh:
Still looking....... Still dreaming:love:

Creeping Death
21st August 2009, 20:54
Sold the last one new when I worked for the Suzuki dealer in ChCh in '90, might've been an M model not sure ( two headlights behind one glass ? ).....

Yeah,that's the one...rego papers said mine was a 1990 model but according to Suzuki,the M models weren't released till '91!I think mine may have been a demo model or something.

nadroj
21st August 2009, 21:47
Had a 90 L model with Dynojet, K&N, 4 into 1 dynoed by RT @ 127 RWHP.
Sold it after buying the Busa.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=27436&highlight=Luckystrike

StoneY
23rd August 2009, 23:20
http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/suzuki_gsx-r_1100_1990.php
These are 143 hp off the floor - that was 20 years ago on 20 year old carb tech

Had WC do the basic dyno output test- mine does 158hp at 9700 rpm - nice :clap:

Not bad for a 20 year old machine :banana:

StoneY
23rd August 2009, 23:22
Yeah,that's the one...rego papers said mine was a 1990 model but according to Suzuki,the M models weren't released till '91!I think mine may have been a demo model or something.

Nope '90 was the L for sure my man-

Sold the last one new when I worked for the Suzuki dealer in ChCh in '90, might've been an M model not sure ( two headlights behind one glass ? )......125hp crank from memory and the V-Max poked out close to 150 from memory but could'nt turn a corner.
Enclosed headlights was the M model- L was last with exposed your correct but they had a bit more than 125- 148 according to bikesz.com 143 for the L

As with all bikes in NZ many of the 'last year' models got 1st rego 1 or even 2 years later than manufacture year-

I had a 1983 RD 350LC that was first registered in 1987- was in a crate in a workshop when we found it- got it 'cheap' ;)

As people do- when u=you own one you research them- KGB and me have em so I really read up
same for my Duke- lovin it and learning heaps of meaningless bullshit trivia- it has two wheels and goes fast LMAO

98tls
23rd August 2009, 23:50
As people do- when u=you own one you research them- KGB and me have em so I really read up
same for my Duke- lovin it and learning heaps of meaningless bullshit trivia- it has two wheels and goes fast LMAO :Oi:Stop with the sensible stuff 1/2 the readers on here think its a playstation game and wouldnt ave a clue what your on about.

mnkyboy
24th August 2009, 11:04
:Oi:Stop with the sensible stuff 1/2 the readers on here think its a playstation game and wouldnt ave a clue what your on about.

Most thinking it's GTA and then complain when you actually have to have real skills to ride and ffs the police are real and there are conseqences.

OT - I always wanted a gsxr11 that or a TLR - I ended up on a slow duck cause i'm a naughty boy (according to the man)

Thunder 8
1st September 2009, 09:10
Had this years ago.Bit modified and was a blast.

Peter Smith
1st September 2009, 10:40
http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/suzuki_gsx-r_1100_1990.php
These are 143 hp off the floor - that was 20 years ago on 20 year old carb tech

Had WC do the basic dyno output test- mine does 158hp at 9700 rpm - nice :clap:

Not bad for a 20 year old machine :banana:

That's the K model.
They had 119 RWHP stock. I've put K&N filters and a pipe and have 127 RWHP. I'm racing Post Classics pre'89. They are a great bike.