PDA

View Full Version : Fogging

Aitch
3rd April 2005, 21:56
My old helmet was a FFM from Colemans. (Which the guy there told me to donate to a museum...it's only about 20 years old!)
Anyway, when I rode way back then, it used to fog up all the time. I know that new helmets have vents to improve that situation, but do they work?

SlashWylde
3rd April 2005, 22:06
They work pretty well from what I've gathered. I wear an HJC CL-14. Comfortable, low wind noise, head doesn't get hot even riding all day in the hight of summer. You get a little breath guard with the helmet which clips into the front of the chin guard that helps to keep the fogging down. Pretty good lid for $350.

A bit of dry soap rubbed onto the inside of the visor helps too.

Warr
3rd April 2005, 23:08
....it used to fog up all the time.....
As Far as the fogging goes just do a search on "Pledge" there are plenty of threads on fogging :)
eg

Try polishing it with Pledge or Plexus. If it's fogging up, you can try wiping the inside of it with dishwashing liquid.
Whatever you use, be sure to use a soft cloth, not paper towels.

dangerous
4th April 2005, 06:07
Heres a thread on anti fogging http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=8496 had no probs with he the 'mega sheild'

Lou Girardin
4th April 2005, 08:25
Heres a thread on anti fogging http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=8496 had no probs with he the 'mega sheild'

Some are better than others. The Shoei X Spirit and their Pinlock visors are very good.

Jonty
4th April 2005, 08:29
I have an HJC lid and use the Progrip light sensitive NoFog stick on lens. I have had it for about a year and I have never had my helmet fog up yet. They are about $40 and are removable.

Ms Piggy
4th April 2005, 08:49
My old helmet was a FFM from Colemans. (Which the guy there told me to donate to a museum...it's only about 20 years old!)
Anyway, when I rode way back then, it used to fog up all the time. I know that new helmets have vents to improve that situation, but do they work?
I found my helmet fogged up big time one day when I was riding through a valley that was really cold & damp, that combined with hot breath from your body will do it. I had to ride with the visor up! Eyes streaming tears & a pretty chilly breeze! :cold:

scumdog
4th April 2005, 08:52
Don't have too much of a problem with fogging most of the time,- but then I wear an open face most of the time.

Pledge or similar does the trick, or at a pinch Armarol (sp)

Aaron
4th April 2005, 10:34
You get a little breath guard with the helmet which clips into the front of the chin guard that helps to keep the fogging down.
?!? Is that what that's for... oppsies, now where did I put it... :confused:

Got a FogCity insert for mine a few weeks back, definately no fogging with that puppy in. As with similar products it's removable, (once I'll wager).