PDA

View Full Version : Leather Cleaning/Thanks BabyB

Kwaka-Kid
22nd October 2003, 15:42
Then take them straight to BabyB (Karen) @ the end of the next race meet like i did!

Just wanted to say Thanks sooooo much BabyB... they turned out FAR better then i ever thought... i will post pics as soon as i run out of film/get them developed as i am honestly amazed by how well they came up.. + they are much easier to move in etc! well worth the small amount it will cost you when i add up how much it would have cost me to get the leather care/die etc + all the time it would have cost me, and i very much doubt i would have got them looking half as good.

:niceone: Big ups to "New Life 4 Leathers".

Motoracer
22nd October 2003, 15:46
So how/where do I go about to clean my suit?

Andrew
22nd October 2003, 16:20
true true. I just bought an old leather jacket from a garage sale. It cost me $10 and looked to be about 15 or 20 years old. Still, as soon as I attacked is with some leather conditioner, it came up sweet. So yes leathers last practically forever!!:rockon:

curious george
22nd October 2003, 18:19
Yup, the leathers look good, now if onlu we can get baby b to do the same to KK..........

How much? we can do a whip-round:done:

Kwaka-Kid
23rd October 2003, 04:31
you either PM karen, drop her an email on     b.bandit at xtra.co.nz    or phone her on 021 214 9142. All going well i hope she will be on our kiwibiker rideout november 1st aswell.

Racey Rider
23rd October 2003, 07:09
And is BabyB happy for you to put all that info about her on the internet without asking her KK? (I presume).

If you put that much info about me on the net without asking, you'ld be getting a letter from my Lawyer!
(personal note: Remember to get myself a lawyer!) :D

The reason I like to be known as Racey is it brings a little intrigue into my otherwise boring life! (And you thought it was all about my riding style!) ((Maybe next year!!)).

Just a friendly reminder about net security. :rockon:

Kwaka-Kid
23rd October 2003, 15:01
its work info? its only whats displayed on her business card which is avaliable to anybody? ive got a few here to handout - beware, if i hand one to you its because your leathers are all yucky!.. as mine WERE... mmm past tense

babyB
27th October 2003, 21:33
My apologies i haven't been on site for a while ........... KK I am rapt that you are so happy with the suit.  Thanks for the good review, it's good to know my work was appreciated. :niceone:

Racey Rider, I gave permission to kk to spread the word and pass on my details.  However, thanks for your concern.

If you want any further information in reference to your leather reviving requirements,(unfortunately I don't do leather repairs, but I can make arrangements for it)  please do not hesitate to contact me.

Am currently working on trying to get a web page up, will advise when this is available.  I may be also available to repair any track damage to suits on the day, costings for this could be from $10.00+.

750Y
29th October 2003, 08:07
what's the best stuff to use for cleaning grime/insects off leather?
I have some marinol leather cleaner but that didn't work too well.

babyB
29th October 2003, 23:04
Originally posted by 750Y
what's the best stuff to use for cleaning grime/insects off leather?
I have some marinol leather cleaner but that didn't work too well.

:eek: Marinol is a conditioner not a cleaner. lol it will be harder to clean the old grim now. usally a leather soap & warm water water.

:D or just give me a ring to do them lol

750Y
30th October 2003, 08:00
dayum! I thought I used the cleaner(the one in the squirty bottle). I also have the conditioner(the thick stuff) but didn't use it thank goodness. I also tried warm soapy water but still no luck. I spose it doesn't help that the leather is green/white. maybe I'll have to get it to You for the magic touch.

babyB
30th October 2003, 21:45
lol 750Y      if ya wear them on the kb ride mayb i canc hav a look at them4 ya