PDA

View Full Version : 10 mile wheelie..

bugjuice
4th April 2005, 14:34
here. (http://www.qatarspeed.com/videos/talalwheelie.wmv)
be warned, it's 30mb, it's inspiring to some, it's really stupid, and it's really long.
beers for that man..

more clips from http://www.superbike.co.uk/content/videos.htm

Wenier
4th April 2005, 15:39
ok that is pretty impressive.

Wolf
4th April 2005, 16:50
Quite the endurance test - ten out of ten for that.

Regretably -10 points for being a "jeans,t-shirt and no glubs" wanker. Hope it was a warm night - ten miles in a little over 12.5 minutes means he's averaging just under sixty miles an hour, in a t-shirt.

StoneChucker
4th April 2005, 20:22
Whats so impressive about it? Is that road two up from "8 mile" road? Hell, I'll go do a wheelie on "12 mile" road and you'll all be impressed :msn-wink:

I have dial-up, no plans to download :(

bugjuice
4th April 2005, 21:05
if it were you on tape, then I'd say the same thing. I just thought it was fairly well done. Ok, so it's no new feat of danger, and every other person can do something, I just thought going for 12 minutes was quite an impressive thing to do. Shame he was a dork wearing a tshirt and jeans. If you want, do a mono up to Auckland, and I'll show you the clip..
Or don't.. don't mind..

speedpro
4th April 2005, 21:19
I've been sitting on the beach when 'Cuz' comes into view on the back wheel, cruises past with a wave and disappears up the beach, still on the back wheel. When in the Air Force one of my associates could wheely just about anything anywhere. Honda 750 F1 the full length of Trig Rd straight and the full length of the harbour bridge and ramps. Smooth as silk with it as well. I seem to recall he had trouble getting a Goldwing up but with a little help from a speed hump . . . . .

Skyryder
4th April 2005, 23:21
Looked pretty impressive to me. Also looked bloody easy too, but that's the skill. Just wonder what the record is for this. Anyone know??

Skyryder

Da Bird
5th April 2005, 00:18
That's one way to save tread on your front tyre I guess. Good indication when changing lanes too... although would have been messy had he stuffed up.

StoneChucker
5th April 2005, 08:37
if it were you on tape, then I'd say the same thing. I just thought it was fairly well done. Ok, so it's no new feat of danger, and every other person can do something, I just thought going for 12 minutes was quite an impressive thing to do. Shame he was a dork wearing a tshirt and jeans. If you want, do a mono up to Auckland, and I'll show you the clip..
Or don't.. don't mind..
I was just j/k...(8 mile road is in the US). That length of wheelie would be impressive!

bugjuice
5th April 2005, 09:20
I was just j/k...(8 mile road is in the US). That length of wheelie would be impressive!
that's what I was thinking.. plus if you made it to the end still on the bike and bullet free, that'd be even more impressive! :yeah:

pyrocam
5th April 2005, 12:44
that's what I was thinking.. plus if you made it to the end still on the bike and bullet free, that'd be even more impressive! :yeah:

I did my FIRST wheelie ever today. purely by accident and it scared the crap out of me .

I was waiting at intersection ready to go. as light went green revs went up but clutch didnt come all the way out as the last truck was still in my path. when it did get out of my way I dropped the clutch and my guts as the front wheel went airborne halfway along the intersection.

phwoaa. although it wasnt immensly high. (a foot at guess) Im so proud of myself. it was perfect.

Wolf
5th April 2005, 12:55
I did my FIRST wheelie ever today. purely by accident and it scared the crap out of me .
I wonder how many "first wheelies" are purely accidental. Mine was - well, inintentional, anyway... dunno if showing off is "accidental" per se.

Count yourself lucky you didn't have a pillion on the back at the time - they tend to clip you 'round the ears afterwards and call you names...

Waylander
5th April 2005, 13:04
Considering he passed 3 unmarked cops in that its fairly impresive. Can't help but wonder what that dude in the tanker truck thought as he saw this guy blow past. By the way he was wearing gloves, and atleast this nut was wearing a helmet unlike some of the other vids seen.

Wolf
5th April 2005, 13:20
By the way he was wearing gloves[QUOTE]
Was he? his hands were in shadow most the time. I thought I spotted bare flesh on his hands a couple of times when the light was at the right angle. Could have been imagining it, tho'.
[QUOTE=alucard_draken]and atleast this nut was wearing a helmet unlike some of the other vids seen.
True. And quite a nice one - which is why the light clothing was a but of a puzzler.

XP@
5th April 2005, 13:21
Looked pretty impressive to me. Also looked bloody easy too, but that's the skill. Just wonder what the record is for this. Anyone know??

Skyryder
The fastest wheelie was 220kph, and was done near my home town in the UK in 2002

Waylander
5th April 2005, 13:34
True. And quite a nice one - which is why the light clothing was a but of a puzzler.

Nah there were gloves, could tell when he waved at the end, nice ones with metal armor on and all. Might have been a reflection of the light that made you think there wern't any. Perhaps he is buying his gear a piece at a time? Next comes the jacket then the pants...

Wolf
5th April 2005, 13:54
Paid for the good lid and good gloves, waiting for loan approval for decent jacket and pants to go with 'em?

Skyryder
5th April 2005, 19:15
That's one way to save tread on your front tyre I guess. Good indication when changing lanes too... although would have been messy had he stuffed up.

Saw at lest one outrider with him. Lov e to know where this was done. There is an off ramp sighn in the clip but could not read it.

Skyryder

Skyryder
5th April 2005, 19:19
Considering he passed 3 unmarked cops in that its fairly impresive. Can't help but wonder what that dude in the tanker truck thought as he saw this guy blow past. By the way he was wearing gloves, and atleast this nut was wearing a helmet unlike some of the other vids seen.

My thoughts too when he passed the tanker. Driver probabley got on the horn and radioed other drivers what was coming through. Noticed some heavy vehicles way out of the way as he passed.

Good clip too. No one getting hurt.

Skyryder

404error
5th April 2005, 21:36
it was done it quatar, near iraq/kuait, its a very small country but very very very rich, i met a guy from there, he was a dick. great clip

bugjuice
5th April 2005, 23:29
it was done it quatar, near iraq/kuait, its a very small country but very very very rich, i met a guy from there, he was a dick. great clip
lmao... welcome, and thanx... :lol:

crazylittleshit
5th April 2005, 23:35
220kph you would think the bike would flip :ride:

bugjuice
6th April 2005, 09:12
220kph you would think the bike would flip :ride:
I've heard people start wheelies at that..

HDTboy
2nd February 2006, 19:11
Bumpty doo

DirtMad
2nd February 2006, 19:14
nice vid ! ill save it in with my ghost rider ones hehe :headbang:

Sensei
2nd February 2006, 19:16
Use to do 20k wheelie's on my PE 400 & YZ490 regularly for money as people didn't believe it could be done , Keep me in a good supply of Siggyweed LOL ;)

pyrocam
3rd February 2006, 12:55
is the link broken?

bugjuice
3rd February 2006, 13:08
must have, can't seem to find it any more.
The site it originated from, and everyone linked to, has vanished, so it's taken the clip with it..

Wolf
3rd February 2006, 13:16
must have, can't seem to find it any more.
The site it originated from, and everyone linked to, has vanished, so it's taken the clip with it..
I'm fairly sure I have a copy on my machine at home.

If anyone wants a copy, PM me and I'll see if I can find it.

Finn
3rd February 2006, 13:23
Well my bike is so slow that it can't even raise the front suspension let alone pull a wheelie. I've ordered some more stickers to see if that helps.

Wolf
3rd February 2006, 14:01
Well my bike is so slow that it can't even raise the front suspension let alone pull a wheelie. I've ordered some more stickers to see if that helps.
Red pin-stripes - that'll do it every time!

beyond
3rd February 2006, 14:24
Record 220kmh??

On the Ghostrider DVD the guy on the Turboed Busa is pulling a wheelie on the motorway, overtaking another bike which is doing 290kmh. The Turboed Busa goes past at something like 330kmh.

On another clip on an airfield he's pulling wheelies, starting at 330kmh.
After several runs like that, the rear tyre is shredded.

**R1**
3rd February 2006, 14:40
The fastest wheelie was 220kph, and was done near my home town in the UK in 2002Thats a gay fastest wheelie, i know at least 5-6 people that could easily break that....or was it maintained over a distance and then an average speed taken....

**R1**
3rd February 2006, 14:42
Red pin-stripes - that'll do it every time!I find yamaha ones work the best:yeah:

TygerTung
5th February 2006, 14:23
Bit silly not wearing gear!

Sniper
5th February 2006, 18:07
Cool beans, thanks

Vagabond
5th February 2006, 22:58
http://www.motorbyte.com/mmm/pages/2003/58/feature58_2.htm

Read this now thats impressive!