PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades?

mashman
17th August 2009, 14:05
Let's say you've just sold your house after 18 f***in months of being able to do nothing and as a treat you've sourced yourself a grand... What would you upgrade on your bike. The only thing you can't touch is the suspension because you've already had it done!

What would you upgrade next???

Cajun
17th August 2009, 14:07
pc3 and a good tune would be good choice on ape.

and maybe the gsxr/cbr stand swap.

1G is not enough for the 1060kit, and with all the spring bits serviced and dialed in, what else does it really need, it already has brembos, braided lines, anything else you can do is really phyiscal looking

Clivoris
17th August 2009, 14:19
What he said, but have a look at the thread on AF1 about PCIIIs and the RSVRs. Some guf about alternative maps blah blah. I didn't pay much attention cos it didn't apply to the old tech on mine.

mashman
17th August 2009, 14:20
I did think about getting the power delivery looked at and was looking at the PC3 with Motty AFR Tuner... but as the Motty only does dual cylinder maps I guess the only other thing to do is to get a PC3 and dyno the Prila... Shame PC3's costs so much , couple that with tuning and that must just about cover the grand... could be worth it and would set myself up for a 1060 next year ha ha ha!!!

I can only imagine sending the engine to Amauri will cost a mini mint.. wonder if anyone over here could do the cylinder and port work, degreed cams etc... without it breaking the bank so to speak...

mashman
17th August 2009, 14:22
Awight Clive (thought you were gonna start that track bike shit again ha ha haaa, not this time) ... I think the fella from Sweden had added a Motty real time AFR tuning box but it didn't do cylinders individually... shame really as it woulda been ideal... Who's the best dyno tuner around these parts anyways (bearing in mind i will travel to find the best!!!)???

Clivoris
17th August 2009, 14:30
Awight Clive (thought you were gonna start that track bike shit again ha ha haaa, not this time) ... I think the fella from Sweden had added a Motty real time AFR tuning box but it didn't do cylinders individually... shame really as it woulda been ideal... Who's the best dyno tuner around these parts anyways (bearing in mind i will travel to find the best!!!)???

Gary Pendleton in Tauranga has a legendary reputation and has one of the latest version dynos in NZ. I think Triple Z also have a good rep. I had a guy at GP Honda in Mount Maunganui do the last custom map on mine. I think his name was Rob and he was trained by Gary Pendleton. Not sure if he's still there. It made a huge difference and was excellent value.

Cajun
17th August 2009, 14:32

yeah that motty real time turner sounds good, but seams alot of work, for not a huge result. pc3 and tune should set you back about $1000 i think. and she in doors, you can ramble on about better fuel encomory etc, since i remember reading of af1 forums something about they lean the rear cylinder out normall since its gets over fueled

Best for turning i not idea, Gary is up these parts he good, will take our ape there once get a pc3, but there is guy in lower NI that specilisest in aprilias, sensi took his bike to him to get work done on it while back

Clivoris
17th August 2009, 14:37
there is guy in lower NI that specilisest in aprilias, sensi took his bike to him to get work done on it while back

Argh. You're right but his name is eluding me. I don't think he has a dyno though and goes over to Napier to use their's on his race bikes.

Cajun
17th August 2009, 14:43
always got a bed up in tauranga, if ya want to come up and get gary to do your dyno work Mash.

mashman
17th August 2009, 15:07
always got a bed up in tauranga, if ya want to come up and get gary to do your dyno work Mash.

Cheers Man... fortunately we have an office up there, so I could justify the petrol money, would have accommodation sorted and a few free beers and feed to boot... fuel would cost less than the cost of a flight, could still perform working duties, get the Prila tuned and then see how i like it from Tauranga back to Welly... hmmm it does sound rather appealing...

Time to source a PC3 then I guess...

Cheers gents

Pussy
17th August 2009, 16:44
Definitely a Power Commander and get Gary Pendleton to work his magic, Gord!
You won't be disappointed!

chef
17th August 2009, 23:28
Let's say you've just sold your house after 18 f***in months of being able to do nothing and as a treat you've sourced yourself a grand... What would you upgrade on your bike. The only thing you can't touch is the suspension because you've already had it done!

muffler. make it sound like a beast

Metalor
18th August 2009, 00:25
I'd get a really nice fitting dildo installed on the seat. Just putting that out there.

mashman
18th August 2009, 09:19
muffler. make it sound like a beast

Already done heh heh heh... and they need repacking too!!!!

I'd get a really nice fitting dildo installed on the seat. Just putting that out there.

It already has one riding it at the moment... Should that not have been Just putting that in there???

Insanity_rules
18th August 2009, 10:21

Ape hangers, leather tassles and a bare breast mural?? No?

Metalor? You trying out for a position in the mormon few?

mashman
18th August 2009, 13:24
Ape hangers, leather tassles and a bare breast mural?? No?

Hmmm, nahhh, nahhhh, has merit, but would be spoiled for choice... so many breasts and so little space...

Metalor
19th August 2009, 13:07
It already has one riding it at the moment... Should that not have been Just putting that in there???

Haha, well said.