PDA

View Full Version : Help please.....fitting an alarm

rapid van cleef
18th August 2009, 16:16
hi

ive just bought a brand new alarm from trade me for me bike.

the dodgy translation from chinese leaves somthing to be desired

i can follow all of the instructions apart from

flamout to engine........wire goes to?
flameout to lock .............wire goes to?

does anyone know what this means?
ive been trawling the net to find the answers and have found a wiring diagram in english, but the terms 'flameout to engine', and,'flameout to lock', are not used.

i have contacted the seller and asked them to explain this 'easy to install diy alarm'

help please?

Max Preload
19th August 2009, 03:31
Is there no wiring diagram?

skidMark
19th August 2009, 03:49
What are the colours of these 2 wires, they are usualy colour coded the same, i'm guessing they are either orange grey or pink

rapid van cleef
19th August 2009, 12:23
thanks guys

yeah, there is a wiring diagram

translation is shocking though

the diagram is as follows

red- +tve battery
orange - ACC(i pressume there is an accesories terminal on the fusebox?
yellow -direction light
yellow - direction light. do these go to the direction light fuse box/connector or straight to the actual indicator input signals themselves and connect this wire to the 1 on the bike?
black - battery -tve terminal

then these 2..........

pink to flameout lock
gray to flameout engine.........???

is flameout engine cut out/kill switch?

if so, what is flameout lock/engine?

help?????????????

BiK3RChiK
19th August 2009, 12:51
I suggest but am not certain, that lock is key lock and engine is kill switch. If you haven't got it sorted by tomorrow, give Steve a ring.

Max Preload
19th August 2009, 15:04
thanks guys

yeah, there is a wiring diagram

translation is shocking though

the diagram is as follows

red- +tve battery
orange - ACC(i pressume there is an accesories terminal on the fusebox?
yellow -direction light
yellow - direction light. do these go to the direction light fuse box/connector or straight to the actual indicator input signals themselves and connect this wire to the 1 on the bike?
black - battery -tve terminal

then these 2..........

pink to flameout lock
gray to flameout engine.........???

is flameout engine cut out/kill switch?

if so, what is flameout lock/engine?

help?????????????

They'll be the immobiliser relay terminals then. You need to cut the ignition wire on the junction box and put each side of the cut to the seperate terminals - either way around will work - it's only an open circuit relay to kill the ignition.

Might I suggest you make up an immobiliser junction that can be easily bypassed by you with a keypiece in case of a fault. Carry the keypiece on your person.

rapid van cleef
19th August 2009, 15:28
thanks for that.

so if i understand this correctly, as long as the gray / pink cables are conected to the terminals that the ignition wire goes to on the fusebox/relay, that will be fine?

can you explain what yoiu mean by a keypiece please?

cheers

lee

Rodney007
19th August 2009, 15:37
eek reminds me of a cold beverage that i was drinking the other day,

"MUCH FRUITY" with future!

lol what a name, youd think they would employ people to make sure all english translations are done correctly,

hope u get it sorted

Max Preload
19th August 2009, 22:12
so if i understand this correctly, as long as the gray / pink cables are conected to the terminals that the ignition wire goes to on the fusebox/relay, that will be fine?

You cut the ignition power wire back from where it enters the junction/fuse box. On one end of the cut piece you attach the pink. On the other end you attach the grey.

can you explain what yoiu mean by a keypiece please?

A piece you can plug in after detaching the immobiliser wires that restores it to the condition it was in before the immobiliser was installed. It's basically a terminal jumper. I would use a couple of these 2-way connectors (http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=PP2062&keywords=pp-2062&form=KEYWORD) . Put a male part on the immobiliser and a female part on the ignition wire you cut. Then using the second one's male part join the terminals in the back and when you plug it in instead of the immobiliser it will join the ignition wire you cut.

crazzed
19th August 2009, 22:24
flamout to engine........wire goes to?
flameout to lock .............wire goes to?

does anyone know what this means?

flame out engine/lock what happens inside the engine (combustion) flame :Punk:

rapid van cleef
20th August 2009, 11:41
thats what i thought, but where do the wires go?

Max Preload
20th August 2009, 14:30
thats what i thought, but where do the wires go?

At the risk or re-repeating myself...

You cut the ignition power wire back from where it enters the junction/fuse box. On one end of the cut piece you attach the pink. On the other end you attach the grey.

Max Preload
20th August 2009, 14:50
Oh and one more thing. Don't connect anything with those fucking useless crimp on bullet or spade connectors unless you want trouble. Solder and heat shrink all joints.

CookMySock
20th August 2009, 14:59
Don't connect anything with those fucking useless crimp on bullet or spade connectors unless you want trouble. Solder and heat shrink all joints.On what basis do you make this statement?

There are a number of problems with soldered joints on automotive gear. Lack of strain relief is the main one, and corrosion is another.

For years I have repaired countless things with crimp terminals, some of them previously soldered together, and never had a problem with it.

Perhaps you are using a cheap stamped-steel crimping tool?

Steve