PDA

View Full Version : Terrace Tunnel 9.20am

modboy
19th August 2009, 10:26
Entering the terrace tunnel from the bypass (north bound), I was in the right hand lane just going into the tunnel, doing about 80k and this psycho (looked to be in a Black Subaru wagon, maybe, all happened so quick) swerved into the oncoming lane (the lane I was in) I missed him by a few inches after pushing down hard on my left bar... I literally had a second to react.

I slowed down a bit looked in the mirror (heart thumping in my chest) and he'd stopped facing oncoming traffic - going up towards the bypass - obviously going in the wrong direction (it's one way).

JEEEZUS !!! Thought I was gonna die.
Did anyone else see that this morning? :eek5:

cheshirecat
19th August 2009, 11:38
Entering the terrace tunnel from the bypass (north bound), I was in the right hand lane just going into the tunnel, doing about 80k and this psycho (looked to be in a Black Subaru wagon, maybe, all happened so quick) swerved into the oncoming lane (the lane I was in) I missed him by a few inches after pushing down hard on my left bar... I literally had a second to react.

I slowed down a bit looked in the mirror (heart thumping in my chest) and he'd stopped facing oncoming traffic - going up towards the bypass - obviously going in the wrong direction (it's one way).

JEEEZUS !!! Thought I was gonna die.
Did anyone else see that this morning? :eek5:

Thanks for putting this up, I'll include it in my 'what if library?' I go through the tunnel daily but a bit earlier. Hope your heart rate is back to subsonic rates and the geezer was done for attempted murder etc.

Metalor
19th August 2009, 11:43
Holy shit man! Glad you're alright! Did it look like he intentionally tried to hit you or just didn't know what planet he was on?

TOTO
19th August 2009, 12:08
Today your bread and your water will taste as good as nothineg before in your life buddy. Good on ya for staying alive.

one fast tl1ooo
19th August 2009, 12:12
you should of gone back to kick his ass, well i would of, teach the pick a lesson,:2guns:

modboy
19th August 2009, 12:14
Holy shit man! Glad you're alright! Did it look like he intentionally tried to hit you or just didn't know what planet he was on?

I have no idea what he was trying to do.

It did look like he was trying to avoid me - but jeez it was a small gap to squeeze through, a few more inches and he definitely would have clipped me - I had images of myself cartwheeling through the air - very ugly.

Unlikely he was purposely trying to hit me or anything, but there was no queue of traffic - all I can surmise is he or a passenger went something like - quick get in the other lane - it could kinda look to the uninitiated as you exit the tunnel that you have a choice to go up the bypass exit road. I've heard people have done it before.

Mental note to self - stay in the left lane going through there next time.

Boob Johnson
19th August 2009, 12:21
Today your bread and your water will taste as good as nothineg before in your life buddy. Good on ya for staying alive.
Ha ha, too true :laugh:

Lucky escape hey Modboy! :blink:

modboy
19th August 2009, 12:23
Just called the cops to let them know. Apparently someone else reported it too *555 - so hopefully the plonker will get a damn good talking too.

Scrunty
19th August 2009, 12:44
Guess that's what the boss was on about this morning when he said he saw 4+ cop cars in the old closed up bit of road.
Have to go home for a change of undies?

Metalor
19th August 2009, 13:02

I reckon! Would not look down on you if ya did shit yourself modboy. In fact, your undies could be used as evidence if it happened to go to court :P

modboy
19th August 2009, 14:21

Haha, - strange, at the moment it happened I felt nothing, just reacted with a hard counter steer movement, I was pretty much in the middle of the lane to start with so I had a little bit of room, bugger all tho, there were vehicles to my left I was aware of too.

Wasn't until I was out the other side of the tunnel when I realised how close a call it was.

Would love to know what was going on - dunno, maybe the guy was having a heart attack or something.