PDA

View Full Version : Stalker dsr traffic radar operators manual new zealand police december 2003

The Pastor
20th August 2009, 10:00
here you go :-)

obtained under the information act! sorry for low quality, wanted to keep file size down!

Winter
20th August 2009, 10:12
Interesting read

Ixion
20th August 2009, 16:18
Well, here's an interesting snippet.

If I read this correctly, says a cop can't lock on a FASTEST target, only the LARGEST target.

Bikes may often be the fastest, seldom the largest. But one could argue that whatever the radar locked onto was the largest target, and if there could arguably be two targets in the beam, the bike is unlikely to be the largest. "So, whatever you locked onto , it wasn't me officer. Terrible things those cars/trucks always speeding. Unlike me"

p.dath
20th August 2009, 16:30
What a score! Interesting read.

CookMySock
20th August 2009, 17:57
A great read. Many thanks.

Steve

simikiel
20th August 2009, 19:22
Well, here's an interesting snippet.

If I read this correctly, says a cop can't lock on a FASTEST target, only the LARGEST target.

Bikes may often be the fastest, seldom the largest. But one could argue that whatever the radar locked onto was the largest target, and if there could arguably be two targets in the beam, the bike is unlikely to be the largest. "So, whatever you locked onto , it wasn't me officer. Terrible things those cars/trucks always speeding. Unlike me"

On page 4 under the heading "Fastest Mode" it details a field selectable feature so a cop :Police: 'should' be able to get your speed assuming this mode is on.

Thanks Renegade...very interesting to say the least.

Ixion
20th August 2009, 19:27
Yes, Fastest Mode is a field selectable feature. It can be turned off or on. And when turned on it will display the speed of the fastest object in the radar field, as well as the largest (best signal).

BUT - even when the fastest mode feature is on, the manual says that the user (cop) CANNOT lock onto the fastest signal. Only the largest.

So if you and a car are in the radar field , the cop will see the car speed (largest object) ; and your speed (presumably, fastest object). But when he does a 'Lock' it will only lock the LARGEST object speed (ie the car )

CookMySock
20th August 2009, 21:28
So if you and a car are in the radar field , the cop will see the car speed (largest object) ; and your speed (presumably, fastest object). But when he does a 'Lock' it will only lock the LARGEST object speed (ie the car )Hehe, yesterday I got Stalkered for 105k while towing ($80). There was a truck quite close, closing the gap up quickly behind me. I'll give you one guess which target gave the largest reflection. Letter writing time.

Yes, I unplugged the detector to plug the GPS in. The cop was visibly gratified. :slap:

Steve

Toot Toot
21st August 2009, 05:46
Most useful post I've seen in a long time.

SixPackBack
21st August 2009, 06:12
Can't see how the operators manual will make much difference.......Do you have a bullshit detector for when the copper gets to court?.....now that would make a change!

CookMySock
21st August 2009, 08:13
The cop can bullshit all he likes, but he can't change science and physics, nor can he ignore do's and dont's from the manual.

Steve

Swoop
21st August 2009, 08:16
December 2003?

Six years of development has occured since then. Is this still current?

SixPackBack
21st August 2009, 08:25
The cop can bullshit all he likes, but he can't change science and physics, nor can he ignore do's and dont's from the manual.

Steve

What world do you live in?

Pixie
21st August 2009, 08:57

Steve

As if it's worth anything in front off the average JP - they all know whatever a cop says is gospel

SixPackBack
21st August 2009, 08:59
As if it's worth anything in front off the average JP - they all know whatever a cop says is gospel

Persactly.:mellow:

The Pastor
21st August 2009, 09:59
December 2003?

Six years of development has occured since then. Is this still current?
well i asked for the latest and most current documents

Max Preload
26th August 2009, 11:11
Very good to have, although it's value in front of a JP will be limited since they're generally just ordinary, uneducated dullard fuckwits - that's what you get with political appointments.

Here's the same file with the page orientation corrected and OCR'd so it's smaller and searchable. It could be further optimised by reducing the scanned image resolution but at 700kb it's fine.