PDA

View Full Version : 95 Ducati Monster low fuel level sensor, Where do I get one?

RDjase
21st August 2009, 11:54
I have a M900 and the fuel level senser is nogo, i have had it out of the tank and made a plug and blanked off the hole, and have tested the senser and wiring and it is not a wiring fault.

Who is a good supplier of Duke parts?

I have got Belts from Saeco bearings, no problem , filters and oil, fork oil ect from BnT, but havnt had to buy any genuine parts yet

Cheers Jase

LBD
23rd August 2009, 04:33
I have a M900 and the fuel level senser is nogo, i have had it out of the tank and made a plug and blanked off the hole, and have tested the senser and wiring and it is not a wiring fault.

I have got Belts from Saeco bearings, no problem , filters and oil, fork oil ect from BnT, but havnt had to buy any genuine parts yet

Cheers Jase

Not sure up north, Mine went on my S4 just after I bought it and Casbolts in Chch replaced it under waranty, no problems.

Maybe search the likes of monster.org, they may know of after market options in the US..

RDjase
25th August 2009, 17:44
Not sure up north, Mine went on my S4 just after I bought it and Casbolts in Chch replaced it under waranty, no problems.

Maybe search the likes of monster.org, they may know of after market options in the US..

Thanks mate, i have a look on monster.org ever so often, didnt think about buying parts online and from overseas, Theres some cool bikes on monster.org aye :woohoo:

ralley
27th August 2009, 21:34
There is an 851 sensor for sale on trade me. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-for-sale/Fuel-tanks/auction-237868665.htm I don't know for certain if it will work but a lot of that era superbike parts work on the SS and thus presumably the monster.

Rob.

johan
27th August 2009, 22:14

Cheers Jase

Do you have a picture of it, or part number? I might have one here, if it's the same part as the 900ie is using.

RDjase
27th August 2009, 22:50
Do you have a picture of it, or part number? I might have one here, if it's the same part as the 900ie is using.

Cool ! i will try and post a pic tomorro and have a look at if it has a part number on it, From memory it looks the same as my mates 99 monster(carb model)
Thanks jase

RDjase
27th August 2009, 22:58
There is an 851 sensor for sale on trade me. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-for-sale/Fuel-tanks/auction-237868665.htm I don't know for certain if it will work but a lot of that era superbike parts work on the SS and thus presumably the monster.

Rob.

Cheers Rob , I will check it out tomorro on my work PC, mines having a sad and wont login on trademe or open any pics

Warren Zevon is a Legend, Roland the headless tompson gunner :clap:

NighthawkNZ
27th August 2009, 22:59
Try Ducati Spares in Dunedin

http://ducatispares.co.nz/

RDjase
23rd October 2009, 20:32

Cheers for your help Johan:2thumbsup, The sender worked perfect after I changed my wiring and plug onto it (4 wire to 2 wire since no fuel pump)

Hope to see you at Taupo or Manfeild soon mate :banana:

Congratulations on your 3rd in the Vic winter series

Thanks again
Jase