PDA

View Full Version : FZRR or CBRR?

Cuban
14th November 2002, 11:51
Hey all,
im new here, so this is the big 'hows it going'?!

anyway, looking to upgrade my fzr250 to a 600, i have a 94 fzrr(pretty sure its rr) and a cbrr( again, they both have the rr stickers, subject to verification) lined up, both 600s. i was wondering if anyone had any idea on which of the two is a better performer,and which is more reliable? any info would be appreciated on availability of parts aswell.
Fzr has the lower ks so im leaning in that direction, but good to get some other opinions.
the other option is to hang out for a ZXR 600, if i can find one in good nick and in my price range!
cheers all:cool:

Nukles
14th November 2002, 13:58
first off, welcome dude ! :D

second Honda has not yet relesde the CBR600 RR, the first one will be a 2003 model with RC211 looks and underseat exhausts. so that CBR600 is only a CBR which is a Supersport class bike.

the FZR600 has also nerver been out in RR guise. only an FZR

i have had both of these models and by far prefer Honda to any other Jap brands. they are higher quality and last longer. nobody beats Honda for build quality in Japan.

as for a ZX6R, well... you decide if you're a squid or not ;)
Kawas are for squids.

BTW, what is your price range ? and what is your main use for the bike ?

Will Beard
14th November 2002, 18:35
go for the honda cbr, I have always found the suzuki machines handle well with good power on tap. I currently ride a cbr1000 and enjoy its overall finish and performance.:bigthumb:

moko
14th November 2002, 19:19
We`ve had 2 different CBR600 models in Britain since last year,the standard version and the "Sport",which has slightly different styling and the engine is supposed to be easier to modify for the track although back to back press tests show little difference with stock models on the road.General view of the CBR versus the other sporty 600`s is that it`s more user-friendly than all the others,not so "cutting edge" but more practical for everyday use.Dont know if you get the Yamaha 600 Fazer in N.Z. but that`s a massive seller here,not far short of sport-bike performance on the road and a brilliant all-rounder.

BlackJet
15th November 2002, 01:51
Originally posted by Knuckles
Kawas are for squids.

That's all the more believable coming from a bloke that rides one of them "Gay" Hondas! :D

Nukles
15th November 2002, 06:25
man, you weren't wasting time to prove my point :bigthumb:

Cuban
15th November 2002, 15:26
oh ok,
so neither can be rr at all, have to go lay some smack down on these guys(is just outta the t+e).

yeah mates have told me go for the honda, but thought id get a wider view before taking the plunge.

price rang is around 3.5-4.5k so im not after anything dynamic.
i use my fzr just to get to uni and back at the mo, have taken it up the coromandel a couple of times, but the lil 250 struggles at the top end a bit!

anyway
cheers all, will have a look at y the cbr has different stickers and stuff on it, and make sure it hasnt been written off or anything drastic like that..

Nukles
15th November 2002, 15:44
be very vigillant... happy shopping.